ADVERTISEMENT

more on Dontaie Allen

Anyone know more about his status.

in the practice reports he’s listed as the best shooter.

Is he actually scrimmaging with everyone else full speed or just kind of doing individual workouts and slight drills without too much movement?

Anyone know more about his status.

in the practice reports he’s listed as the best shooter.

Is he actually scrimmaging with everyone else full speed or just kind of doing individual workouts and slight drills without too much movement?

It’s been posted in several threads that he’s not 100% yet but is getting closer.

Reactions: KINGBEAST
I've said since day one that Allen is gonna be really good here and will surprise many people. He's an elite scorer that has a great feel for the game. Has a shot to be a pro.

Yep you have! I remember going and doing some online research on DA because of one of your posts. A lot of people have gotten so caught up in his injuries and the possibility of him red shirting that they forget that he was one of the highest risers in the rankings off his AAU play after his Jr year lots of talk that if had a good senior year he could possibly end up being a five star. Then he got hurt halfway thru the school year and by the time he graduated he Became An afterthought who probably redshirts. I mean he isn’t the dragon but he isn’t Kyle Wiltjer either. He has the athletic ability to defend his position well and if he does that and can hit the 3 he will play plenty!

He and Juzang potentially contributing at a solid clip will eliminate all the concerns with the five spot. Brooks and Whitney both can and will contribute at the 4.

Sestina, EJ and Richards can easily handle the 4 and when Richards is in the game contrary to the popular opinion that the stats lie in regards to which ever player they have chosen to be ridiculously hard on. The only reason Richards didn’t contribute more last season is simply 2 things.1 We had last season the rare instance of two experienced players both offensively superior. 2 Richards fouls to much.

If Richards had of played 30 to 40 min a game last season he blocks 3 to 4 shots a game. That is an elite number that is a very very solid rim protector who can hit free throws. The team statistically was better when Richards was on the floor. Now thing is we don’t need Richards 30 min a game we need him 15 to 20 a game and he can do that easily. So worst case scenario is Richards from last season! Well he was blocking shots at an elite level last season and shot a decent free throw percentage. Who has proven statistically he does nothing to hurt us neither offensively or defensively in fact blocked shots at an elite clip the time he is in the game meaning not is he only not hurting us he is blocking two shots and probably altering 2 or 3 more. Basically making us plus 8 to 10 points with out scoring a point.

Now before all the “he blows defensive assignments folk who believe that every single missed back door or inside point is somehow all Richards fault. Not really, thing is we were the best defensive team statistically when Richards played.

Truth is and I remember just a week ago. It was “oh no Some random practice report is that Whitley isn’t good as advertised, and Brooks is ahead of him but instead of it being hey Brooks is better than we thought it was well Whitley must not be as good as we thought. Anybody who has seen Brooks play lately should have told u Brooks was jus underrated. He is bigger than 6ft6 which is what the trolls and the ridiculously pessimistic say he isn’t 6tt9 like the sunshine pumpers and well Smooth might say but he is prolly 6ft7.5 and 6ft8 but when ur that tall and have really long arms then u play d like ur 6ft9 or 10 a guy with his ball skills that can play d vs fours and some fives with guard ball skills and athleticism is a mismatch nightmare for the average fours n fives in college. Then Whitley stands out vs older guys at labron James camp and Whitley is all of a sudden back to being the dragon.

Does anyone ever think that coaches like to bluff? Why the conflicting reports? Well maybe we don’t need everyone to know everything maybe it’s in between but truth is Richards shot blocking ability alone and improving on not taking head faked a few less times a game and all of a sudden he will be the man. And it’s really not that far of a reach to think he can do that between now and nov

It’s been posted in several threads that he’s not 100% yet but is getting closer.

Yes I’ve read “several threads” lol.

To clarify, my question isn’t whether he’s 100%, it’s whether that means he’s shooting over live defense and able to run in scrimmages in short spurts with the team or whether he’s mostly doing isolated drills and individual workouts?

Take Big Cuz for example, when he was coming back from the Achilles he gradually went from rehab to individual b-ball drills to 2 on 2, to half court 5-on-5 to scrimmaging here and there etc..on down the line..till he could play fully.

Just wondering where Dontaie is as far as the basis for these reports is concerned.

If we don’t know, we don’t know, but I’m just curious because it seems he’s recovered slightly ahead of schedule..

Yes I’ve read “several threads” lol.

To clarify, my question isn’t whether he’s 100%, it’s whether that means he’s shooting over live defense and able to run in scrimmages in short spurts with the team or whether he’s mostly doing isolated drills and individual workouts?

Take Big Cuz for example, when he was coming back from the Achilles he gradually went from rehab to individual b-ball drills to 2 on 2, to half court 5-on-5 to scrimmaging here and there etc..on down the line..till he could play fully.

Just wondering where Dontaie is as far as the basis for these reports is concerned.

If we don’t know, we don’t know, but I’m just curious because it seems he’s recovered slightly ahead of schedule..

Sorry must have not made my point. He’s not 100% yet so he isn’t going 100% in practice yet.

So you don’t know and just like to have a smart mouth, cool .

Stop being rude, I was telling you what’s been posted on here by several people in the know. Not sure why the attack but they have an ignore button on here if you don’t like my posts. Have a good one.

Stop being rude, I was telling you what’s been posted on here by several people in the know. Not sure why the attack but they have an ignore button on here if you don’t like my posts. Have a good one.

Lmao right back to you, Mr. Sensitive. Not sure how I’ve offended you..

Especially seeing as you’re the one who has twice responded sarcastically to a question you don’t know the answer to.

Even after clarified that my question was a lot more nuanced than “is he 100%”.

At no point was that what I want to know...

God forbid I wonder if there are some more details on an insider site when it’s clear SOMEONE(s) have seen Dontaie Allen playing basketball recently (not you) and would know the answer to this question.

Maybe there’s some text tone confusion going here but I thought it was unnecessary to state “as posted in several threads”

If you kept scrolling or said “I don’t know” and we wouldn’t be having this stupid back and forth.

Please follow your own advice and block me if you’re still offended.

I’ve never even noticed you or your opinions before so I don’t really feel like that will affect my experience here.

Go Cats.

Lmao right back to you, Mr. Sensitive. Not sure how I’ve offended you..

Especially seeing as you’re the one who has twice responded sarcastically to a question you don’t know the answer to.

Even after clarified that my question was a lot more nuanced than “is he 100%”.

At no point was that what I want to know...

God forbid I wonder if there are some more details on an insider site when it’s clear SOMEONE(s) have seen Dontaie Allen playing basketball recently (not you) and would know the answer to this question.

Maybe there’s some text tone confusion going here but I thought it was unnecessary to state “as posted in several threads”

If you kept scrolling or said “I don’t know” and we wouldn’t be having this stupid back and forth.

Please follow your own advice and block me if you’re still offended.

I’ve never even noticed you or your opinions before so I don’t really feel like that will affect my experience here.

Go Cats.

First you need help if you think that I’m sarcastic you’re wrong, I don’t care enough about you to be anything but a poster who was trying to answer your question. For some reason you’re upset and I’ll say it one more time, there was nothing sarcastic about my posts to you.

First you need help if you think that I’m sarcastic you’re wrong, I don’t care enough about you to be anything but a poster who was trying to answer your question. For some reason you’re upset and I’ll say it one more time, there was nothing sarcastic about my posts to you.

Lol you got it man, be the victim.

You’ve not tried to provide any “answers” or new insight, as YOU implied from the outset.

“several threads” have stated what you’ve repeated here proud parrot.

To further clarify (again) my curiosity is directed to the quality of the shots he’s apparently putting up at this stage rather than overall status of his knee.

It isn’t a super important question, just a curiosity, which is ok.

You have no idea and that’s ok too :).

@Col. Angus

Has been trying to tell all y’all he will be ready and not need a redshirt.

Only reason to redshirt him is if he has a setback. So far it doesn’t look like he has. Would expect he’s 100% good to go within 4 weeks and scrimmaging if he’s not already.

Per WebMD info.

Lol you got it man, be the victim.

You’ve not tried to provide any “answers” or new insight, as YOU implied from the outset.

“several threads” have stated what you’ve repeated here proud parrot.

To further clarify (again) my curiosity is directed to the quality of the shots he’s apparently putting up at this stage rather than overall status of his knee.

It isn’t a super important question, just a curiosity, which is ok.

You have no idea and that’s ok too :).

I’m tired of your shit, so STFU, a$$hole, is that what you wanted little man?

Reactions: Padsfs07
I can’t wait to see what Dontae brings to the team considering there wasn’t a lot of highlights of him from high school.

I can’t wait to see what Dontae brings to the team considering there wasn’t a lot of highlights of him from high school.

People up home thinks he will be the best to come out of that area.

Yep you have! I remember going and doing some online research on DA because of one of your posts. A lot of people have gotten so caught up in his injuries and the possibility of him red shirting that they forget that he was one of the highest risers in the rankings off his AAU play after his Jr year lots of talk that if had a good senior year he could possibly end up being a five star. Then he got hurt halfway thru the school year and by the time he graduated he Became An afterthought who probably redshirts. I mean he isn’t the dragon but he isn’t Kyle Wiltjer either. He has the athletic ability to defend his position well and if he does that and can hit the 3 he will play plenty!

He and Juzang potentially contributing at a solid clip will eliminate all the concerns with the five spot. Brooks and Whitney both can and will contribute at the 4.

Sestina, EJ and Richards can easily handle the 4 and when Richards is in the game contrary to the popular opinion that the stats lie in regards to which ever player they have chosen to be ridiculously hard on. The only reason Richards didn’t contribute more last season is simply 2 things.1 We had last season the rare instance of two experienced players both offensively superior. 2 Richards fouls to much.

If Richards had of played 30 to 40 min a game last season he blocks 3 to 4 shots a game. That is an elite number that is a very very solid rim protector who can hit free throws. The team statistically was better when Richards was on the floor. Now thing is we don’t need Richards 30 min a game we need him 15 to 20 a game and he can do that easily. So worst case scenario is Richards from last season! Well he was blocking shots at an elite level last season and shot a decent free throw percentage. Who has proven statistically he does nothing to hurt us neither offensively or defensively in fact blocked shots at an elite clip the time he is in the game meaning not is he only not hurting us he is blocking two shots and probably altering 2 or 3 more. Basically making us plus 8 to 10 points with out scoring a point.

Now before all the “he blows defensive assignments folk who believe that every single missed back door or inside point is somehow all Richards fault. Not really, thing is we were the best defensive team statistically when Richards played.

Truth is and I remember just a week ago. It was “oh no Some random practice report is that Whitley isn’t good as advertised, and Brooks is ahead of him but instead of it being hey Brooks is better than we thought it was well Whitley must not be as good as we thought. Anybody who has seen Brooks play lately should have told u Brooks was jus underrated. He is bigger than 6ft6 which is what the trolls and the ridiculously pessimistic say he isn’t 6tt9 like the sunshine pumpers and well Smooth might say but he is prolly 6ft7.5 and 6ft8 but when ur that tall and have really long arms then u play d like ur 6ft9 or 10 a guy with his ball skills that can play d vs fours and some fives with guard ball skills and athleticism is a mismatch nightmare for the average fours n fives in college. Then Whitley stands out vs older guys at labron James camp and Whitley is all of a sudden back to being the dragon.

Does anyone ever think that coaches like to bluff? Why the conflicting reports? Well maybe we don’t need everyone to know everything maybe it’s in between but truth is Richards shot blocking ability alone and improving on not taking head faked a few less times a game and all of a sudden he will be the man. And it’s really not that far of a reach to think he can do that between now and nov

1.) It’s Whitney
2.) I like the post
3.) Try some more paragraphs, and sentence structure
4.) Go Cats

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT