ADVERTISEMENT

More Jailhawk Thuggery

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
Now we know why De Sousa left. What's this, the ninth, tenth known charge of an act of violence by a Self player in the past few years?

Another reason to admire and value Calipari's leadership: Twelve years of constant player turn-over, dealing with young men fresh out of high school, and Kentucky fans have had none, or very little of this disgraceful nonsense to live down.

There are biker gangs that have faced fewer allegations of attacking women and committing violence than the Kansas basketball team over the past several years. What a damned disgrace, and what an indictment of a coach who signs anyone of any character to try to compete with Kentucky.

Last edited:
Isn’t this like starting a thread about a hooker that had sex? Another jailbird assaulted someone, a bear crapped in the woods, U6 cheated, Bruce Pearl lied, the sky is blue.....

None of this is really newsworthy any longer.
I disagree. Kansas shoddiness, the cheating of UNC, Louisville's perpetual disgraces, all should be highlighted when they occur if for no other reason that to remind ourselves of how lucky we are to have a basketball program that maintains its place as the nation's best, and for over 30 years now has done so with remarkably little controversy or taint.

I disagree. Kansas shoddiness, the cheating of UNC, Louisville's perpetual disgraces, all should be highlighted when they occur if for no other reason that to remind ourselves of how lucky we are to have a basketball program that maintains its place as the nation's best, and for over 30 years now has done so with remarkably little controversy or taint.
Exactly, because we all know if UK had committed such egregious transgressions, Cal would be in solitary confinement somewhere and the NCAA, after giving UK the death penalty would have burned down UKs campus.

So this happened apparently 3 weeks before the chair incident and the K-State brawl they all defended him for, and said it was way overblown.

Clearly just a good, misunderstood kid. Well on his way to curing cancer I’m sure.

Live look-in at @Nooneputsbabyinacorner

giphy.gif

I think the evidence has reached a critical mass that Kansas University's men's basketball has become a shady organization only interested in winning at all costs and not concerned about the character of the young men they bring in or about having integrity as a program. The program has clearly taken a downturn under Self that has culminated in the revelations regarding the Adidas scandal and is further demonstrated by the behaviors of the student athletes within the program. This garbage didn't happen under Roy Williams but Self is clearly a very crooked coach. I suspected shady dealings years ago with some of the recruiting situations, but it has now become obvious to all.

Sarcasm.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
I think the evidence has reached a critical mass that Kansas University's men's basketball has become a shady organization only interested in winning at all costs and not concerned about the character of the young men they bring in or about having integrity as a program. The program has clearly taken a downturn under Self that has culminated in the revelations regarding the Adidas scandal and is further demonstrated by the behaviors of the student athletes within the program. This garbage didn't happen under Roy Williams but Self is clearly a very crooked coach. I suspected shady dealings years ago with some of the recruiting situations, but it has now become obvious to all.
they couldn’t take the pain of being a “blue blood” and having only 3 NCAA titles the same as villanova (who was a program 22 years after kansas)

Kansass is known for it's thousands of acres of alfalfa. Someone needs to tell the Jailhawks they're smokin the wrong crop. Alfalfa kills brain cells. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: wildcatwelder
I mean, what else is there to do in Lawrence, Kansas? Grow crops, check! Assault women, check! Okay that about covers it.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Lol Self wants us to believe he had no clue about this until De Sousa told him about it a few weeks ago.
And that's just further confirmation that he can't be trusted. We're really supposed to believe one of the players on his team has been under investigation since January and Self was never notified or informed by anyone? Are we to believe the police didn't notify the school at all? It makes zero sense and is clearly a lie.

It's all a misunderstanding according to Self. De Sousa didn't put the person in the hospital....they were already in the hospital. De Sousa was doing his weekly good samaritan hospital visits when he noticed that a person appeared to be having a heart attack and passed out. He just got a little confused about how to properly perform CPR and used a chair over his head to do chest compressions.

It's all a misunderstanding according to Self. De Sousa didn't put the person in the hospital....they were already in the hospital. De Sousa was doing his weekly good samaritan hospital visits when he noticed that a person appeared to be having a heart attack and passed out. He just got a little confused about how to properly perform CPR and used a chair over his head to do chest compressions.

Yes ,and during that brawl it was painfully obvious he was trying to help a nearby handicapable person to find a seat.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Isn’t this like starting a thread about a hooker that had sex? Another jailbird assaulted someone, a bear crapped in the woods, U6 cheated, Bruce Pearl lied, the sky is blue.....

None of this is really newsworthy any longer.

The only worthy news would be Kansas being clean and having decent stand up players for once.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
He’s from Cali, but BTK goes into the rafters on Senior day.
Perry Smith and Dick Hickock of In Cold Blood infamy are right next to the Helms Banners — the embarrassment of that cheesiness was part of their punishment.

Last edited:
I’m not real proud of my basketball program right now. We need to change the culture in a hurry or look for new leadership. I love Bill Self and all he has done for KU basketball, but things simply have to change. We have a ton of good kids, stop going after the other ones. If recruiting takes a hit, so be it.

I’m not real proud of my basketball program right now. We need to change the culture in a hurry or look for new leadership. I love Bill Self and all he has done for KU basketball, but things simply have to change. We have a ton of good kids, stop going after the other ones. If recruiting takes a hit, so be it.
If there is any justice the NCAA will take care of the problem for you with appropriate punishment for FIVE major violations - forfeiture of about 35 wins, the Final Four De Sousa played in, two-year post-season ban, loss of scholarships and Self forced to the NBA. That’s an appropriate level of punishment, and then the program can start over clean with an honorable coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT