ADVERTISEMENT

Moral victories are for losers

Mar 30, 2024
Having said that, we played much better so there is so hope for the rest of the season. If we don’t get our passing offense going and quick though, I see maybe 3 more wins max. You have to for it on 4th down right??

Last edited:
Reactions: UKUGA
Stoops is a ……
Grapefruit Fingering GIF by bjorn

I loved the effort but I would rather lose 21 to 12 or something than 13 to 12. The is the most painful way you can lose a game. But I’m used to it, been watching us lose games like this since 1968.

Reactions: ACT ONE
No luck involved tonight. We were outcoached, just like Beamer outcoached us. You think Saban depended on " luck" to win?
I don't think good teams depend on luck, but it absolutely is a factor. It may not be a big one, but it is one, and when you lose by a point, it certainly can sway the game.

I don't think good teams depend on luck, but it absolutely is a factor. It may not be a big one, but it is one, and when you lose by a point, it certainly can sway the game.

I’ve watched Georgia very closely since they beat OU in the Rose Bowl.

I have seen lots of luck going for them and against them in huge games.

Their games are bigger because they have more talent and better coaching, but inches, bounces, and positive/negative officiating and (un-)timely injuries have been critical to this run the last few years.

Reactions: The-Hack
That last punt was our last real chance.

Lame.

You have #1 at home and you are down by 1.

Kentucky needs its Dan Campbell.
We would not have convert 4th and 8 or 10 or whatever. It was the right call wether some of you like it or not.

When you are playing #1 and are 3 TD plus underdogs you always extend the game.

You turn it over at midfield and its lights out.

Brocks fumble was the dif in the game plain and simple. It led to a chip shot FG and thats the 3 pts that beat us.

Georgia never turned it over once.

After all these years of seeing bad breaks, poor coaching, bad calls, no calls, losing by one or on the last play of the game, it doesn’t get any easier to take. I also don’t think it’s ever going to change, there is just to many things to overcome for Kentucky to win games like this. I’ve never seen any team lose as many heart breakers than Kentucky has.

Reactions: UKCat4Ever
We would not have convert 4th and 8 or 10 or whatever. It was the right call wether some of you like it or not.

Brocks fumble was the dif in the game plain and simple. It led to a chip shot FG and thats the 3 pts that beat us.

You are right.

Trying to go 75 yards in 9 seconds with 0 time outs was obviously the best plan.

🤡

What cost us the most was not even trying to score before the half with 9 seconds left and then kicking a field goal on 4th and short. The players played well enough to win this game and our coach was too big of a chicken to go and win it.

People don't know what a moral victory is.
Used to have them before Stoops.
When we sucked and needed anything to be happy for.
The close game itself was celebrated with no hope of leading to anything.

I will take positive from this game for future.
I don't care it was close.
Defense is very good. Could get wins alone.
We can run the ball and Traynum coming back could lead to a touchdown.
But, unfortunately I'm not sure Hamdan nor BVG can do much of anything.

People don't know what a moral victory is.
Used to have them before Stoops.
When we sucked and needed anything to be happy for.
The close game itself was celebrated with no hope of leading to anything.

I will take positive from this game for future.
I don't care it was close.
Defense is very good. Could get wins alone.
We can run the ball and Traynum coming back could lead to a touchdown.
But, unfortunately I'm not sure Hamdan nor BVG can do much of anything.

The D will probably get you to 6 and 6 or 7 and 5. It won't beat Texas, ole miss or UT. They are all gonna annihilate us.

False. According to the analytics you’re wrong. Not only is your assessment wrong, it’s off by 22%. That’s significant in the world of probabilities.

Reactions: CrimsonCats

You have it exactly backwards. When you’re outmanned, you have to seize every opportunity, even if some of them are risks. “Extending the game” just gives more chances for your opponent’s talent to take over.

That punt was especially pathetic because we really had nothing to lose by going for it. Georgia was going to be more concerned with running clock than scoring no matter what, so gambling some field position was a lot less consequential than usual in that situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT