ADVERTISEMENT

Moody Blues drummer Graeme Edge dies aged 80

mktmaker

Junior
Jun 5, 2001
Atlanta
Moody Blues drummer Graeme Edge has died aged 80.

The English musician co-founded the group, who were best known for their hits Go Now and Your Wildest Dreams. His family has confirmed his death to NewsNation.

Graeme has had a long standing career in the music industry and has been around music his entire life.

He was born in March 1941 in Staffordshire, with his mum working in silent movies as a pianist whilst his father, grandfather and great-grandfather all worked as musical hall singers.

He first moved into the music industry himself as the manager of the Blue Rhythm Band and whilst he did try his hand at the drums from time to time, he only started playing the instrument professionally when he was forced to step in for the drummer, who had quit the group.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/graeme-edge-dead-moody-blues-25436819

Damn, 40% of the people in this picture are gone …. RIP

left-to-right-graham-norton-bono-the-edge-adam-clayton-and-larry-mullen-G7DJ4D.jpg

This isn’t the thread for this, but what is everyone’s problem with The Eagles? I genuinely don’t know.

The Eagles are to music as vanilla is to ice cream.

They're not the worst thing ever. They're a blue blazer. A sensible car. A modestly priced suburban ranch. There just isn't anything THERE.

The best songs were written by Souther and Browne. None of them were great musicians* (good harmonizing though)

*(Joe Walsh is the possible exception, but he came later)

Also; watching Don Henley make his contorted and "pained" facial expressions, while he fumbles through drum charts that any HS freshman could master is more than I can take.
Agreed on that. I figured it was too simplistic music for a lot of well-versed music folks. Anything that I can play and improvise along with on my $99 with must be pretty easy.

I like the Eagles, but love me some Joe Walsh.

Overplay isn't the Eagles fault. However, I completely agree with you on the TVZ statement. How could two people as talented as Merle and Wille eff up such a great song?
No, it isn’t their fault. But it does not help. I like the Willie and Merle version just fine, but after about 10,000 listens, it got kind of old.

That is biggest reason I'm so grateful for streaming/self-producing/distribution

If we didn't have that, we'd still be getting force-fed the same crap (IOW, whatever the record companies have decided to push)

Moody Blues drummer Graeme Edge has died aged 80.

The English musician co-founded the group, who were best known for their hits Go Now and Your Wildest Dreams. His family has confirmed his death to NewsNation.

Graeme has had a long standing career in the music industry and has been around music his entire life.

He was born in March 1941 in Staffordshire, with his mum working in silent movies as a pianist whilst his father, grandfather and great-grandfather all worked as musical hall singers.

He first moved into the music industry himself as the manager of the Blue Rhythm Band and whilst he did try his hand at the drums from time to time, he only started playing the instrument professionally when he was forced to step in for the drummer, who had quit the group.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/graeme-edge-dead-moody-blues-25436819
Ginger Baker died two years ago at age 80. Charlie Watts just died at age 80. Now Edge. Hang on, Ringo.

Reactions: JDHoss
Edge wrote the Poem that is used at the end of "Nights in White Satin".

Love the Eagles, one of the all time great bands, but I simply cannot listen to Hotel California 1 more time.

Same for Bruce Springsteen, 1 of the all timers, but I just can't listen to Born to Run 1 more time

(Lying Eyes, I have to admit, is a guilty pleasure of mine)

My sophomore year in college I lived at Royal Lexington. For those not familiar, it's configured with a courtyard in the middle and all the entrances of the apartments face towards the courtyard.

A buddy of mine who also lived there had this girlfriend who he dated for about a year. He was head over heels for her. Anyway, she dumped him and immediately started dating this dude who lived right across from him. My buddy would see her go into new guy's apartment, and then he would just sit there by the window just hoping to see her leave before night. Inevitably it would always be the next morning. The song that he played on repeat while this was happening: "Lyin' Eyes".

Good times!

• Haha
Reactions: blubo and mktmaker
My sophomore year in college I lived at Royal Lexington. For those not familiar, it's configured with a courtyard in the middle and all the entrances of the apartments face towards the courtyard.

A buddy of mine who also lived there had this girlfriend who he dated for about a year. He was head over heels for her. Anyway, she dumped him and immediately started dating this dude who lived right across from him. My buddy would see her go into new guy's apartment, and then he would just sit there by the window just hoping to see her leave before night. Inevitably it would always be the next morning. The song that he played on repeat while this was happening: "Lyin' Eyes".

Good times!
Jesus. That's pathetic. LOL

I hope there was a happy ending to this story.

Ideally, it would involve him grudge f***ing her and pulling the chain.

(The Clown did that to an ex g/f, but that's a story for another time)

The Eagles are to music as vanilla is to ice cream.

They're not the worst thing ever. They're a blue blazer. A sensible car. A modestly priced suburban ranch. There just isn't anything THERE.

The best songs were written by Souther and Browne. None of them were great musicians* (good harmonizing though)

*(Joe Walsh is the possible exception, but he came later)
Meh... I'm a bar band guitarist. IMHO, Don Felder is one of the tastiest guitar players alive. Dude knew where to place a note... and when to leave a space.

His outro solo on "I Can't Tell You Why" should be required listening on how to not over-play.

Reactions: ShoesSwayedBlue
Meh... I'm a bar band guitarist. IMHO, Don Felder is one of the tastiest guitar players alive. Dude knew where to place a note... and when to leave a space.

His outro solo on "I Can't Tell You Why" should be required listening on how to not over-play.
We almost always agree.

But no. 99/100 ain't bad

Reactions: P19978
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT