ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Draft

I found this on a Hog Board and thought that some of you might find it interesting on how the Perfect Game Top 20 Recruiting Classes were hit by the draft. Lets hope the Top 6 get completely pillaged by MLB, but nobody will know for sure what it really means until college or pro decisions are finalized.

1)Vanderbilt - 8
2)LSU - 7
3)Florida - 7
4)Mississippi - 3
5)Texas A&M - 6
6)Mississippi St. - 2
7)TCU - 3
8)Miami - 3
9)F.I.U. - 5
10)Auburn - 3
11)Arizona - 4
12)Georgia Tech - 2
13)North Carolina - 6
14)Arkansas - 2
15)Florida St. - 2
16)Oklahoma - 6
17)Oklahoma St. - 4
18)Texas Tech - 3
19)Clemson - 4
20)San Diego St. - 2

I found this on a Hog Board and thought that some of you might find it interesting on how the Perfect Game Top 20 Recruiting Classes were hit by the draft. Lets hope the Top 6 get completely pillaged by MLB, but nobody will know for sure what it really means until college or pro decisions are finalized.

1)Vanderbilt - 8
2)LSU - 7
3)Florida - 7
4)Mississippi - 3
5)Texas A&M - 6
6)Mississippi St. - 2
7)TCU - 3
8)Miami - 3
9)F.I.U. - 5
10)Auburn - 3
11)Arizona - 4
12)Georgia Tech - 2
13)North Carolina - 6
14)Arkansas - 2
15)Florida St. - 2
16)Oklahoma - 6
17)Oklahoma St. - 4
18)Texas Tech - 3
19)Clemson - 4
20)San Diego St. - 2

Vanderbilt has an amazing ability to recruit top kids and somehow still convince them to go to college. UK gets top talent and barring an injury or something crazy, that talent is never stepping foot on campus.

Vanderbilt has an amazing ability to recruit top kids and somehow still convince them to go to college. UK gets top talent and barring an injury or something crazy, that talent is never stepping foot on campus.
I agree, and that is a major component of success in College Baseball..............can you get the top recruits to campus!

I agree, and that is a major component of success in College Baseball..............can you get the top recruits to campus!

Baseball recruiting is an interesting environment and I think that people would really like it more if they actually could pay attention to it. You can go all in with the best recruits, but be left essentially empty handed, or you could recruit second and third tier guys and try to develop them and ensure that you get them. You could try for a mix, but it has to be good enough where you don't shun the second tier guys so much that they go elsewhere. You have to fight off family members and advisers. I definitely don't envy these head coaches when it comes to recruiting. No easy task.

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT