ADVERTISEMENT

Mixed Emotions After Leaving Pittsburgh

mftarpon

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2003
I was going to watch some of the 2nd game Thursday night. As I was walking into the concourse and out of the stadium I was looking at the faces of my fellow Cat's fans. The blank, emotionless stare masking what their, and my, mind(s) were trying to process. I can't believe what I just saw. But on the other hand, I dang well DO believe what I just saw. How many others were also thinking the hell Cal is going to catch on the boards (and everywhere) tonight and the next day.

Taking a different thought process...how can you win if Wagner, Sheppard and Dillingham go 3-19. ONE of those guys is supposed to come through and save us...right?!?

If Cal comes back, can we realistically expect different results? If he leaves, does that guarantee different results?

What would our collective thought process be if Gohlke doesn't have the best game of his career? If he plays his normal game we win. Then more than likely beat NC St. and all of a sudden we are in the sweet 16 and (most) of the entire fan base is thinking much differently.

The feelings of disappointment and frustration......playing the mental game of "what if" ONE of our guys (other than the seniors) would have come through........Gohlke doesn't shoot like Stef Curry.......Edwards has the ability to make a layup.......we don't turn it over right when it seems like we are gaining momentum. The "if only" moments are there after every loss.

We have had too many of those moments. Is basketball talent now so spread out that we will never see the dominance again? I want to get it back. I don't have the solutions as to how.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News