ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch on KSR now

I may be in the minority, but I’m liking what Mitch is saying. He knows his ass is on the line with this hire. Right or wrong it’s clear he’s sold on Pope’s passion.

I’m not a MB fan. Time will tell if this pans out winning is all that matters. Pope wasn’t in my personal top 10 options. This hire was rushed. But, I feel better after listening to this interview.

The Mitch hate is so ridiculous. Dude revived UK football, got Cal and has improved every sport at UK. WTF you people want? Some people are just miserable FuC$DS
I want a confident AD who can verbally convey why this is the right move for this schools most valued sports program ! Revived UK football??? The football coach tried to bail on him. 🤡

Reactions: BigBlue1992
I think Mitch is actually a stone cold killer masquerading as Andy Griffith, and it pisses you people off. Sure he makes mistakes, but he showed Cal’s full house a four of a kind by pocketing $33 million for the program, and THAT is huge. So to Cal I would say this: guess it IS all about the administration.

Mitch said 2 upper tier guys that weren't interested in going to BYU have already called Pope about coming to Kentucky
"Upper tier". We already know how Mitch defines "upper tier". He had Mark Pope as his 3rd coaching candidate.

Upper tier at BYU is 3-star ceiling, except the one kid who hasn't played ball in 2 years due to his mission requirement. And even then, he's just a 4-star (although he was ranked 33 in some high school list 2 years ago).

I think Mitch is actually a stone cold killer masquerading as Andy Griffith, and it pisses you people off. Sure he makes mistakes, but he showed Cal’s full house a four of a kind by pocketing $33 million for the program, and THAT is huge. So to Cal I would say this: guess it IS all about the administration.
Mitch a stone cold killer? LMAO

Recruiting just went south.
Maybe NIL transfers but getting in on top 20 guys in high school? He couldn't recruit them at BYU. Pope is a unknown in high level high school recruiting.

• Haha
Reactions: RaginRondo
Already 4 million pledged confirmed by Mitch.

People don’t get this. These programs are machines. It elevates coaches. I wouldn’t have had the balls to do this but it’s entirely possible this is going to be a grand slam.

He’s already got recruits calling wanting to come that he couldn’t get to BYU.

I’m telling this fanbase I get the frustration but many of you have no idea how this actually works. We’ve got way more NIL coming now because Calipari is gone. They are gonna throw it at Pope because he’s such a great guy. The offense is going to be insane so

1. NIL not an issue now
2. The Kentucky brand
3. Top modern offense and Pitino style defense.

Trust me kids are going to play here. And then this guy CAN F’N COACH THEM.

I like your process of thought. However, let's not give him the keys to the city just yet. Let's see how Pope handles UK and how the team comes together.

He didn’t sound very confident on the last question. Talked more about Kentucky than the actual coach.

I’m hoping for the best.

Reactions: KFuqua
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT