ADVERTISEMENT

Missing Out On Jasper and Moreno

There are now strong rumblings that Kentucky may miss-out on both Jasper Johnson and Malachi Moreno, with Alabama and UNC now looking like leaders for Jasper and Moreno possibly leaning towards Indiana. What's everyone thoughts on possibly missing out on two, high-profile in-state kids to our rivals? It's very rare that the state of Kentucky produces two top-30 highschool prospects, and even more rare that neither may not be suiting up in Kentucky blue.

EDIT: Just seen the similar post about this topic, however, cannot read the OP's message to due having white font lol.
I believe when it's all said & done that we get both Moreno & Jasper Johnson. Just can't believe that a kid with as many ties to UK as Jasper Johnson has that he won't come here. And the fact that fellow Kentuckian Malachi Moreno just committed to UK will only help Mark Pope with the recruitment of Johnson.

I'm way more worried about success in the transfer portal than I am recruiting 5 star 17 year old's now.
It seems like those who keep talking about Cal's recruiting success thinks recruiting success has replaced winning championships when evaluating a coach's success. Those who keep celebrating Cal's recruiting success only reminds the fans that he wasn't able to do very much with his embarrassment of riches.

I would rather have Mullins if I had to chose between he and Jasper Johnson. Best shooter in high school basketball, does more than that, rebounds very well (over 6 per game), 3.2 assist, 3.2 steals per game. A total package. While Jasper is very good, his is not a great shooter, and turns it over a ton. Very streaky, when he gets hot, look out, but when he is cold, he presses and takes bad shots and turns it over,,, a bunch. A poor mans D"Angelo Russell. Both 6-4, Mullins the better overall prospect and will fit Pope's system better. Jasper will want to "get his" and will demand a ton of shots per game. Shooting over 8 3's a game at a 26% clip is not idea for team unity.

I would rather have Mullins if I had to chose between he and Jasper Johnson. Best shooter in high school basketball, does more than that, rebounds very well (over 6 per game), 3.2 assist, 3.2 steals per game. A total package. While Jasper is very good, his is not a great shooter, and turns it over a ton. Very streaky, when he gets hot, look out, but when he is cold, he presses and takes bad shots and turns it over,,, a bunch. A poor mans D"Angelo Russell. Both 6-4, Mullins the better overall prospect and will fit Pope's system better. Jasper will want to "get his" and will demand a ton of shots per game. Shooting over 8 3's a game at a 26% clip is not idea for team unity.
They play 2 different positions

Reactions: Blueblood4life2024
It seems like those who keep talking about Cal's recruiting success thinks recruiting success has replaced winning championships when evaluating a coach's success. Those who keep celebrating Cal's recruiting success only reminds the fans that he wasn't able to do very much with his embarrassment of riches.

Spot on...

No one is saying it's not nice to get good freshman players but in the world of NIL you need a great mix of young and veteran players.

But most of all you need a great X and O guy and I believe Pope is that dude.

Lesson 101

@Butters' Dad's opinion doesn't age like fine wine.

It ages like that crust mustard-colored piss that gets stuck in the area of the toilet bowl just below the rim.

As a long time fan of South Park, the character of Butter’s dad on the show is a closeted homosexual and frequent bath house attendee with a complete lack of self awareness. A true hypocrite in every sense. If that’s what @Butters' Dad is trying to channel, then I’d say he’s done a masterful job.

As a long time fan of South Park, the character of Butter’s dad on the show is a closeted homosexual and frequent bath house attendee with a complete lack of self awareness. A true hypocrite in every sense. If that’s what @Butters' Dad is trying to channel, then I’d say he’s done a masterful job.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/xTdy8mVMn6qJqOjjOg" width="480" height="271" style="" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: CELTICAT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT