ADVERTISEMENT

Missing Out On Jasper and Moreno

Lots of good places to play and good coaches to play for. It will take UK a good while to work it’s way out of being the 1nDone Mecca of college basketball… Best thing that can happen is for Pope to have success. What success means is 🤷🏼… There are plenty good players that haven’t reached 4-5 star but will, than those already there. I like his staff. Let’em work👏👏👏

There are now strong rumblings that Kentucky may miss-out on both Jasper Johnson and Malachi Moreno, with Alabama and UNC now looking like leaders for Jasper and Moreno possibly leaning towards Indiana. What's everyone thoughts on possibly missing out on two, high-profile in-state kids to our rivals? It's very rare that the state of Kentucky produces two top-30 highschool prospects, and even more rare that neither may not be suiting up in Kentucky blue.

EDIT: Just seen the similar post about this topic, however, cannot read the OP's message to due having white font lol.
Have faith in the Pope.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
Is it a miss if we decide we had better options than them, though?
If they are replaced by other 5 Star players, then great. But if they get replaced with lesser players what tends to happen on this board is posters stick their heads in the sand. Pretend this was a choice, and you get posts like, "I trust Joker more than I trust Rivals"

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
All high school recruiting has pretty much become about money. If a Kentucky kid wants an exorbitant amount to play here don't pay it. Use it to get PROVEN players in the portal or the absolute top rated recruit. Neither of these kids qualify IMO. They are good but there are better recruits in the class, save the money for the best or wait for portal players.

I don't know what they will do but it's kind of hard to believe that if Kentucky wants them, they wouldn't want to come here, especially Johnson. Kentucky will be Kentucky with or without them, if they don't want to be a part of it, so be it. I like what Pitino used to tell recruits, if you can do better than Kentucky, you have my blessing. I would like to have both of them, but if we don't get them, there will be plenty of blue chip recruits that do want to be a part of this program.

Reactions: rivercatinfl
There are now strong rumblings that Kentucky may miss-out on both Jasper Johnson and Malachi Moreno, with Alabama and UNC now looking like leaders for Jasper and Moreno possibly leaning towards Indiana. What's everyone thoughts on possibly missing out on two, high-profile in-state kids to our rivals? It's very rare that the state of Kentucky produces two top-30 highschool prospects, and even more rare that neither may not be suiting up in Kentucky blue.

EDIT: Just seen the similar post about this topic, however, cannot read the OP's message to due having white font lol.
Looks like we should fire Pope and fold the program.
We just can’t survive the current state of the way things are going.

🤣🤣

Reactions: BarefootBeach
I really want Johnson and Moreno, but getting them isn’t the be all, end all for Pope.

He could miss on these guys and still get to a Final Four and win a title.

He can get them and still not get to the Final Four and win a title.

My point is, the ultimate goal is to get back to the Final Four and win a title. How he gets us there doesn’t really matter as long as he gets us there.

That person you're referring to has been told by many here that his text is unreadable, but he's chosen to be difficult about it. It's his 15 minutes of fame. CMP hasn't coached a game yet for UK, and I'm going way out on a limb here by suggesting that maybe there's been enough folks in the player's circles here in Kentucky that have suggested that CMP was the wrong guy to be picked for UK's coach. And kid's today don't really seem to follow tradition or want to follow in the footsteps of others.
I guess Perry and Noah are not in that "players circle" thing you are talking about. Was we in good standings for either before Pope got here ? Because Cal is one of if not the best recruiter in the game, and if they where not strong UK interested then, why is Pope suddenly the possible wrong hire? (according to your players circle).

It seems obvious to me we will have playing time AFTER next season to be filled either by recruits or another great portal class. I'm not concerned which one, as long as over the next 3-5 yrs CMP figures out a way to be successful at both. He is obviously a smart, hard working guy. No reason to believe this isn't within his wheelhouse with the resources & staff he has in place.

As for the KY kids. Would love to have them, but if they aren't feeling it they can toil away at those schools. It's their loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT