ADVERTISEMENT

Mintz block on UTs Keon Johnson’s dunk attempt

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
That block in my opinion is one of the greatest blocks in UK history.

Johnson is 6’5 and Mintz is probably 6’2 though listed at 6’3.

Johnson had a full head of steam on a fast break and was going to disrespect the entire state of Kentucky with that dunk but Mintz was having none of it.

Mintz met him at the apex of his leap and shoved that ball back in the Vols face!

Mintz can absolutely elevate and is fearless! I know its hard to enjoy individual plays after a tough L but that play is worth noting because it was awesome!

I got a still pic of the blocked dunk from UKs website but it doesn't do it justice.

Does anyone have a pic or vid of the block?

TIA BBN

Is this what the product being put on the floor has become? An average block has some to the point of claiming it to be one of the greatest of all time?

Best Block ? It might have been one of the greatest plays in UK basketball history . Athletic depth has contacted Orville Redenbacher about popcorn boxes already.
UK history?! Come on man. Try SPORTS history. That block singlehandedly out weighed what Tom Brady has accomplished in his entire career. From now on when people get blocked, it will be referred to as “mintzed”. “He mintzed that ball into the upper deck! What a play!”

I wonder if he practices blocking shots like Mark Curry used to.

tenor.gif

Ignore the assholes OP, it was a hell of a block.
I love Mintz, he’s the only one on the team with heart, yet you ****s wanna pick and poke at everything cause your miserable with life.

It was a good block but Johnson still was able to score 27 points which is great for a freshman.

I love Mintz too , it was a great block , and this thread is ridiculous.. all three can be true .

Reactions: STL_Cat
Good lord I hate today’s descriptions of a good play .. the hyperbole is just so far over the top it takes away from the game itself — because it’s all about the individual.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
I don't know how great it was in the history of blocked shots...but I heard that Mintz built a sand castle that rivals the Great Pyramid...so maybe it was the GREATEST BLOCK of all time.

sand-castle-with-flag-on-the-sea-shore-picture-id621824110

more-Great-Pyramid-of-Khufu-Egypt-Giza.jpg

Hmmmm....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT