ADVERTISEMENT

Minneapolis City council officially votes to disband police department

As wrong as that cop was, the death penalty isnt going to hold up by any court. Nor should anyone be used to make a point by the courts in the U.S.. if we are going to give the death penalty for that, then we will be doing death penalties every few minutes. The excuse will be made that he didn't believe the guy couldn't breathe and he just thought that he was being dramatic. And then they will use the meth, heart disease, coronary disease, etc to probably get the charges dropped to manslaughter. And then more riots.

Not saying any of that is right or wrong, but that's how it will play out from a lawyers perspective. If you have ever watched a trial, you know that. (That's not me trying to be a smarta**)
There is no death penalty in Minnesota, anyway.

This weekend, an op-ed from Ward 3 councilor Steve Fletcher proposed some situations in which alternatives to police officers will be used, such as by dispatching mental health professionals to mental health crisis calls, and fire department EMTs to opioid overdose calls. Traffic offenses meanwhile could be handled by an increase in camera coverage, or the city's street parking teams.

Bender says that the council will start a conversation with its residents about what a new, "community-led" system will look like.

"We don't have all the answers for what that future looks like but the community does," said Ward 5 councilor Jeremiah Ellison.

Mental health calls have a high risk for police deaths compared to other calls. Now instead, we are going to send in unarmed mental health professionals?

Traffic offenses being handled by traffic cameras are BS, but what happens when that person decides they arent going to pay that traffic ticket? Whos going to make them? A traffic camera cant get the guy with a car full of meth and weapons off the street or get the guy with the felony warrant for beating his wife.

None of these people think through anything. They live in la la land.

The worst part about all of this is the idea that govt programs will fix these problems, when the govt programs (welfare) were the root of the problem and why the African American community has been held down. Along with high taxes and tax codes from Dems that have encouraged fatherless homes.

The worst part about all of this is the idea that govt programs will fix these problems, when the govt programs (welfare) were the root of the problem and why the African American community has been held down. Along with high taxes and tax codes from Dems that have encouraged fatherless homes.

This post is the absolute truth.

Reactions: UKUGA
Speaking geenrally about this idea of no police..
just opens the door for criminals to operate freely. If you were already a thief, you have to be licking your chops at the thought of no reprocussions for your actions. Criminal activity just got a whole lot easier..

And no police just means more people buying guns. We have several instances in my neck of the woods where low lifes go up and down streets checking car doors to see if they are unlocked. So why would I NOT buy a gun now?

How do you want it.. police or more citizens with guns? Cause it cant be both ways.

And this is why we have a second amendment. Actually, I'm all for this. Guy tries to use the womens room, shoot him. Tries to break into your car, shoot him. Looks at you funny, shoot him. Eventually, when all the criminals are dead, there is a big drop in crime.

Ps, they should start by shooting the biggest criminals. The politicians.

Link

I thought this was a crazy ideal until I read that link. Even I'm for it now.

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a law on a higher level that will prevent this. I'm sure they think they can get away with begging the Sheriff's dept, and State Police to take over while they get by without paying anything. The city council needs to look in the mirror too.

It is a crazy idea and lacks all resemblance of common sense. There isn't an argument otherwise.

Just this morning on the news, there’s an amber alert on a 7 month old saying the kid was in danger because the mom was “mentally unstable”. So I guess if this was in Minnesota, they will have a mental health professional chase down this crazy lady?

This is, in part, the result of schools/colleges/universities not teaching people how to think reason and instead pushing decision making based on feelings. None of these politicians have any idea about the law of unintended consequences.

“Unintended”? I think the politicians know full well what they’re doing to these cities.

The unintended consequence would be if this unhinged lunacy causes voters to wake up.

As wrong as that cop was, the death penalty isnt going to hold up by any court. Nor should anyone be used to make a point by the courts in the U.S.. if we are going to give the death penalty for that, then we will be doing death penalties every few minutes. The excuse will be made that he didn't believe the guy couldn't breathe and he just thought that he was being dramatic. And then they will use the meth, heart disease, coronary disease, etc to probably get the charges dropped to manslaughter. And then more riots.

Not saying any of that is right or wrong, but that's how it will play out from a lawyers perspective. If you have ever watched a trial, you know that. (That's not me trying to be a smarta**)
This excuse won't float ...saw an ex NYC police chief on the other day he said that the standard rule is once the cuffs go on that you back off this type stuff.

I expect to see a push to follow the same steps that alexsandr Solzhenitsyn outlined in his chronicle of “gulag archipelago “ series -

what’s happening is based on Marxist ideology so you can expect to see what normal people call “criminals “ placed openly into positions of oversight for their class enemies....

The communist rationale / the explanation historically states that thieves , murderers and rapists aren’t to blame for their actions - and shouldn’t be considered “criminal “ if they we’re persecuted under the pre revolutionary regime......because they lived under an oppressive and corrupt system before the enlightened-Bolshevik intervention....(a movement that explicitly rests on dialectical materialism and disavow any form of morality / human soul or eternal component to your identity- and certainly no god and no reason to be held back by those constraints)....

So I predict that if police are removed from the picture - you’ll see a repeat of history as freed convicts and other fellow revolutionary figures are quickly placed into positions of authority over how a given sector functions ....local councils (I.e. “soviets”) will probably be established in some form

This IS a revolution and ultimately it’s not about race or reversing oppression any more than it was when the bolsheviks succeeded in taking over Russia

It will happen in waves and become less and less pretty as the momentum continues to surge -

I fully believe we’re at the critical mass point now where the Marxists CANT GO BACK — they have to go for the complete overturning of the US republic as the world prepares for a near term future where the dollar is no longer the reserve currency and international institutions take on a much more solidified grasp of regulatory roles and functions

I can’t over state how critical I believe it is for ANYONE who believes in preserving the republic to read at least SOME of the key highlights of the aforementioned series of books

you will be shocked at how clear the current landscape becomes ..:what’s happening and unfolding right now is actually taking a VERY predictable path

IF the USA does fall to a Marxist style revolution- you can expect ABSOLUTELY NO MERCY from the newly empowered and hyper agitated representatives of this historical repeat of the mid 20th century

Marx stated those very words himself actually

(Engels was the one that generally despised the family and urged its destruction/ abolishment)

I’m their worldview you have exactly two choices ...and neither of them include your apologizing appropriately or showing the right remorse ...

You must :
1) convert to the revolutionary mindset and movement towards one party

OR

2) be liquidated

History repeats itself over and over. Hopefully the first ones they take out after the cultural revolution will be the useful idiots who did their bidding. I'd get a chuckle hearing a bunch of soy boys and Karens protesting "but we're down with the cause!"

This weekend, an op-ed from Ward 3 councilor Steve Fletcher proposed some situations in which alternatives to police officers will be used, such as by dispatching mental health professionals to mental health crisis calls, and fire department EMTs to opioid overdose calls. Traffic offenses meanwhile could be handled by an increase in camera coverage, or the city's street parking teams.

Bender says that the council will start a conversation with its residents about what a new, "community-led" system will look like.

"We don't have all the answers for what that future looks like but the community does," said Ward 5 councilor Jeremiah Ellison.

Jeremiah Ellison is the radical far left son of radical far left Keith Ellison (Minn. Attorney General and former DNC leader).

As Antifa was destroying Minneapolis in the riots, Jeremiah tweeted:

This is the type of scum running Minneapolis.

Anyone that murmurs a whisper of support .or even understanding for this stupid ass suggestion has very little functioning brain cells. Minneapolis was always a shithole .. now its beyond that .

Last edited:
Yeah, Minneapolis was never a shithole, quite the opposite actually. If they screw this up they might join a lot of their midwestern neighbors in that category though

I expect to see a push to follow the same steps that alexsandr Solzhenitsyn outlined in his chronicle of “gulag archipelago “ series -

what’s happening is based on Marxist ideology so you can expect to see what normal people call “criminals “ placed openly into positions of oversight for their class enemies....

The communist rationale / the explanation historically states that thieves , murderers and rapists aren’t to blame for their actions - and shouldn’t be considered “criminal “ if they we’re persecuted under the pre revolutionary regime......because they lived under an oppressive and corrupt system before the enlightened-Bolshevik intervention....(a movement that explicitly rests on dialectical materialism and disavow any form of morality / human soul or eternal component to your identity- and certainly no god and no reason to be held back by those constraints)....

So I predict that if police are removed from the picture - you’ll see a repeat of history as freed convicts and other fellow revolutionary figures are quickly placed into positions of authority over how a given sector functions ....local councils (I.e. “soviets”) will probably be established in some form

This IS a revolution and ultimately it’s not about race or reversing oppression any more than it was when the bolsheviks succeeded in taking over Russia

It will happen in waves and become less and less pretty as the momentum continues to surge -

I fully believe we’re at the critical mass point now where the Marxists CANT GO BACK — they have to go for the complete overturning of the US republic as the world prepares for a near term future where the dollar is no longer the reserve currency and international institutions take on a much more solidified grasp of regulatory roles and functions

I can’t over state how critical I believe it is for ANYONE who believes in preserving the republic to read at least SOME of the key highlights of the aforementioned series of books

you will be shocked at how clear the current landscape becomes ..:what’s happening and unfolding right now is actually taking a VERY predictable path

IF the USA does fall to a Marxist style revolution- you can expect ABSOLUTELY NO MERCY from the newly empowered and hyper agitated representatives of this historical repeat of the mid 20th century

Marx stated those very words himself actually

(Engels was the one that generally despised the family and urged its destruction/ abolishment)

I’m their worldview you have exactly two choices ...and neither of them include your apologizing appropriately or showing the right remorse ...

You must :
1) convert to the revolutionary mindset and movement towards one party

OR

2) be liquidated
This is an outstanding post..... I've read the Gulag Archipelago twice and very highly recommend it. In fact, maybe I need to re-read it.

I think personally think they should maybe start with "Police Academy 4- Citizens on Patrol" where cops have to take on civilian partners before committing to this step. Yes, the idea in a shitty movie in a series of shitty movies is a better idea than what the Minneapolis City Council has decided.

I think personally think they should maybe start with "Police Academy 4- Citizens on Patrol" where cops have to take on civilian partners before committing to this step. Yes, the idea in a shitty movie in a series of shitty movies is a better idea than what the Minneapolis City Council has decided.
Police Academy 4 was the second best Police Academy movie. Prove me wrong.

They call it "veto-proof" and have officially passed a vote to disband and dismantle the Minneapolis police department. What could go wrong?

Vote was just held about an hour ago. "The idea of not having police is not short term"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sbs.com.au/v1/article/minneapolis-city-council-votes-to-dismantle-police-after-anger-over-george-floyd-s-death-in-custody/ad2e3e99-39b9-40ac-8a27-686762cf151f?amp=1
Good. They will deserve exactly what they get.

For the last few weeks, I've been planning a trip to South Dakota. Drive across the country and see other places along the way.

One of the caveats has been looking into the local requirements related to covid (mask/no-mask, seating capacity, etc.).

About a month ago, I decided that that I would spend 2 nights in Minneapolis or St. Paul on the way back. My main concern at the time was whether or not I would be able to take my family to the big mall, without having to wear a mask.

Things have really changed since that was my biggest concern.

Deep down, I think the area is beautiful, and I would still like to spend a night in St. Paul.

But, frankly, no way.

Too much mess, right now, and with the prospect of "no police" in Minneapolis, just doesn't even seem like a good place to even leave my car parked overnight.

Our cities are being destroyed.

The weather is beautiful in Washington, DC today. I took a walk around noon.

Almost zero activity. It wasn't surreal. It was depressing.

Almost no one out. No food trucks lining the street. No tourists. Mostly joggers, some construction workers, a few vagrants, and a couple of cops. If I wanted to walk into a restaurant and grab food, I would have to put on a mask (which I didn't have).

We have gone from a roaring economy to relative desolation in just 4 months.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
For the last few weeks, I've been planning a trip to South Dakota. Drive across the country and see other places along the way.

One of the caveats has been looking into the local requirements related to covid (mask/no-mask, seating capacity, etc.).

About a month ago, I decided that that I would spend 2 nights in Minneapolis or St. Paul on the way back. My main concern at the time was whether or not I would be able to take my family to the big mall, without having to wear a mask.

Things have really changed since that was my biggest concern.

Deep down, I think the area is beautiful, and I would still like to spend a night in St. Paul.

But, frankly, no way.

Too much mess, right now, and with the prospect of "no police" in Minneapolis, just doesn't even seem like a good place to even leave my car parked overnight.

Our cities are being destroyed.

The weather is beautiful in Washington, DC today. I took a walk around noon.

Almost zero activity. It wasn't surreal. It was depressing.

Almost no one out. No food trucks lining the street. No tourists. Mostly joggers, some construction workers, a few vagrants, and a couple of cops. If I wanted to walk into a restaurant and grab food, I would have to put on a mask (which I didn't have).

We have gone from a roaring economy to relative desolation in just 4 months.
In many areas yep. Georgia is running pretty nicely at this point, as are many states.

Georgia
Tennessee
Texas

There is a trend there.

Even with that, downtown Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, and Nashville have all seen riots.
Yep, our cities are going to have to make some choices. Getting rid of the police ain't it but we shall see.

Reactions: UKUGA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT