ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Olympic basketball.

Questionable timing in touting up Snoop Dogg who is an outspoken critic of one of the candidates as the celebrity face of the Olympics.

Not saying, just saying...

There are plenty of athletes who could have been selected that aren't outspoken on their views. Or for that matter, plenty of non-athlete celebrities. Interesting.
I feel like you are reaching. That doesn't affect the quality of the game/match though.

Most people in my age range (47) have been able to watch both MJ and LJ entire careers.

It seems like common sense that those people would be able to give the best opinion on the GOAT debate.

1. Jordan
2. Kobe
3. Lebron

Most people in my age range (47) have been able to watch both MJ and LJ entire careers.

It seems like common sense that those people would be able to give the best opinion on the GOAT debate.

1. Jordan
2. Kobe
3. Lebron

Kobe's not even top 5. He's in the same tier with Shaq and Duncan.

Just can't watch the olimpics like I used to, to much politics in them... Yes I know is miss spelled olimpics... They are trash anymore...

GBB

I've watched a ton of these olympics and I'm not seeing the politics. What is it you're seeing that's turning you off?
I saw a grown man following Jon rahm around in a tutu on the golf course looking like a ballerina and men who transformed into women beating the hell out of women in boxing and transvestites doing blasphemy on a bridge parading around for the likes of me I can't understand why someone may not watch the Olympics

• Haha
Reactions: ukcatz12
Let me ask you this. You are a GM and desperately want a Championship, you have a good team but you need “that Dude” to put you over the top as one of the favorites. You can sign in their prime (25-35) Jordan or James. Who you taking? If you don’t take Jordan, you have a serious drug problem! One was “a winner”, the other “a stat sheet stuffer” (like Harden but better).
There's definitely a case for LeBron. LeBron took the Cavs to the Finals all by himself. Some of those teams he made deep playoff runs with were legitimately awful.

I think there's been some revisionist history about Jordan's teammates. Pippen was a legitimate superstar at the time and would have won titles by himself if Jordan wasn't on the Bulls. The '94 Bulls with just Pippen were better than the '95 Bulls with Jordan and Pippen.

There's a very strong case that the teams around Jordan were much better than the ones around LeBron ever were.

I saw a grown man following Jon rahm around in a tutu on the golf course looking like a ballerina and men who transformed into women beating the hell out of women in boxing and transvestites doing blasphemy on a bridge parading around for the likes of me I can't understand why someone may not watch the Olympics
None of that is "politics in the olympics." That's you consuming political media telling you to be mad about the olympics.

I can't even find anything about whatever golf thing you're talking about. There are no trans women in olympic boxing. And if seeing some drag queens in another country on screen for 30 seconds gets your jimmies rustled enough to boycott the whole olympics, by all means watch something else. But nothing you're talking about has anything to do with "politics in the olympics." You're just making it political.

I've watched a ton of these olympics and I'm not seeing the politics. What is it you're seeing that's turning you off?

I’m guessing his facebook feed filled with rage bait for the perpetually outraged.

I’m not seeing much “politics” on the broadcasts I have watched. Maybe I am missing something.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
None of that is "politics in the olympics." That's you consuming political media telling you to be mad about the olympics.

I can't even find anything about whatever golf thing you're talking about. There are no trans women in olympic boxing. And if seeing some drag queens in another country on screen for 30 seconds gets your jimmies rustled enough to boycott the whole olympics, by all means watch something else. But nothing you're talking about has anything to do with "politics in the olympics." You're just making it political.
You know once some receive their talking points they’re not gonna back off of them.

Everything you just wrote is not actually accurate and is misinformation.

Just can't watch the olimpics like I used to, to much politics in them... Yes I know is miss spelled olimpics... They are trash anymore...

GBB
Newsflash: the Olympics have literally always been political. The losers of WWI were not invited to the following Olympics. Hitler used the 1936 Olympics as giant propaganda events. Any Olympics that had the Soviet Union was basically viewed as communism vs. freedom. China has boycotted the Olympics because Taiwan got invited. Taiwan has in turn had uniforms without their country's name because the IOC won't let them use their actual name. They've marched in opening ceremonies holding a sign that said "UNDER PROTEST". Middle Eastern countries have boycotted for political reasons. The US has done the same. South Africa has not been invited to past Olympics because of apartheid. US track athletes famously raised their hands in a Black power salute during the Mexico City games. 20 African nations boycotted the 1976 games because New Zealand played a segregated South African team in rugby.

Should we keep going? To act like the Olympics have ever been free of political statements or controversy is foolish.

Newsflash: the Olympics have literally always been political. The losers of WWI were not invited to the following Olympics. Hitler used the 1936 Olympics as giant propaganda events. Any Olympics that had the Soviet Union was basically viewed as communism vs. freedom. China has boycotted the Olympics because Taiwan got invited. Taiwan has in turn had uniforms without their country's name because the IOC won't let them use their actual name. They've marched in opening ceremonies holding a sign that said "UNDER PROTEST". Middle Eastern countries have boycotted for political reasons. The US has done the same. South Africa has not been invited to past Olympics because of apartheid. US track athletes famously raised their hands in a Black power salute during the Mexico City games. 20 African nations boycotted the 1976 games because New Zealand played a segregated South African team in rugby.

Should we keep going? To act like the Olympics have ever been free of political statements or controversy is foolish.
Snoop Dogg dressing up in American attire and dancing on tv is my line in the sand.

• Haha

Those drag queens

Your politics an

Well instead of the jibberrish you're spewing define politics so all of us will be in the know and no where in my response did I say I was not watching I was using a third party response to your response

Those drag queens
You know drag has been a thing in the military for like a hundred years, right? The same military that kicked the Nazis' ass had drag shows to entertain themselves. I will never understand why everyone is so outraged about a form of entertainment that has existed for generations.

Reactions: Zissou87
Lebron is the best player I have ever watched .

I was 8 when Mike was in his prime so I never join that debate.

Either way there is nothing wrong with being second all time . It’s crazy how some make it seem like it’s insulting lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT