ADVERTISEMENT

Medical Alert Systems

Same.

Will note that when my grandma fell, which ultimately expedited her eventual death, she had a button on a necklace. She fell and landed where the button was underneath her and she wouldn't have been able to call for help on her own.

The wrist option seems better than a necklace.

Reactions: rudd1
Same.

Will note that when my grandma fell, which ultimately expedited her eventual death, she had a button on a necklace. She fell and landed where the button was underneath her and she wouldn't have been able to call for help on her own.

The wrist option seems better than a necklace.

The life alert we got for my dad can detect a fall, which it has on multiple occasions, and no need to push the button. Worth every penny.

thanks for the tip. my mom has fallen a couple of times lately , that we know of......

Yes, and my mom the same way, won’t tell me she fell until I ask what the hell happened to your leg ? Well I fell a week ago and didn’t want to bother you because I’m fine

A-W what kind is that and what should I search ?
The one we have for my dad is Life Alert and it programmed to detect a fall and then contact him. If he doesn’t respond then it calls my brother first, because he is closer, and then me. I’m pretty sure we went through the hospital to set it up.

However, like you both said he was falling and not telling us. I set it up through Life Alert to call us with any fall, even if he tells them that he is ok.

The one we have for my dad is Life Alert and it programmed to detect a fall and then contact him. If he doesn’t respond then it calls my brother first, because he is closer, and then me. I’m pretty sure we went through the hospital to set it up.

However, like you both said he was falling and not telling us. I set it up through Life Alert to call us with any fall, even if he tells them that he is ok.
Thanks A-W I’ll look into it right now 🍺

I haven't researched it, but I would think these smart watches might have a feature like that. If not then they should. There's an iPhone commercial that has the phone call 911 when the owner had an accident (on a bike I think). Not sure if they were wearing a watch or just had the phone detect it.

Just looked it up and yes smart watches can detect falls.

Apple and Samsung currently provide fall detection as part of their smartwatch feature set via built-in accelerometer and gyroscope. These sensors monitor a wearer’s normal activity all the time so the device can sense an unusual falling motion. Accelerometers measure changes in speed divided by time, while gyroscopes use gravity to determine orientation.

Both of these technologies working in tandem can detect whether someone has taken a fall. Fall Detection in both of these smartwatches is available through optional settings that must be enabled to work. Fall detection is not perfect, and the feature may not detect every single fall, but the tech has advanced in recent years to detect falls from workouts, hikes, biking, or Zumba classes.

So they can be a nice gift that also helps monitor their health and well-being.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT