ADVERTISEMENT

Media/Talking Heads

Just put his ass on ignore, enough people do that and stop participating in his asinine threads he’ll go away when he doesn’t get the attention he craves.

It's true. Kentucky football gets disrespected all the time. We've been to more bowl games in a row than just about every team in the SEC if I ain't mistaken but no respect man.
Everybody and their mama thought Mississippi was three scores better than Kentucky. That's disrespect

UK takes GA to the wire

Media after UK game — this GA team may not be as strong as we thought. They have a lot to work on.

Media after Alabama — This GA team is still right there in the mix as one of the top 5 teams.

Media before Ole Miss — Ole Miss wins this one big. They are one of the top 5 programs. They have all Americans all over the field. Kiffin has built a powerhouse
Media after UK — Ole Miss is not as good as we thought. They have a lot to work on.

Media when Ole Miss beats SC — this Ole Miss team is capable of winning it all. They are a great team.

🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

UK takes GA to the wire

Media after UK game — this GA team may not be as strong as we thought. They have a lot to work on.

Media after Alabama — This GA team is still right there in the mix as one of the top 5 teams.

Media before Ole Miss — Ole Miss wins this one big. They are one of the top 5 programs. They have all Americans all over the field. Kiffin has built a powerhouse.

Media after UK — Ole Miss is not as good as we thought. They have a lot to work on.

Media when Ole Miss beats SC — this Ole Miss team is capable of winning it all. They are a great team.

🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Rodney Dangerfield gets more respect than Kentucky football.

This same thing happened when we beat Florida for the first time in many years. Stoops get off the hook with the fans with weak mindsets by winning 1 game against a decent team.

Ole Miss played terrible teams before UK. I’m gonna say Ole Miss was overhyped being #6 for no reason whatsoever.
Ole Miss is a good team, but yes, they were over-rated based on weak opponents.

The entire model of college football doesn’t make a ton of sense.

“They’re good cause they beat x.”
Well, who did X beat to be considered good?

it’s also an endless cycle of stuff like this and teams simultaneously being good wins and overrated.

If you want respect from the media, you don't get blown out at home by an average at best South Carolina team.

I don’t disagree whatsoever that losing to S. Car like they did garnered much disrespect.

However, I think it’s also fair to point out the media also could give respect where it’s due…playing UGA to the wire with very stout UK defense, and doing so again with defense to upset #5 Ole Miss SHOULD get some respect as opposed to just dismissing the UK team (especially the defense) and assuming the opponent was just worse because they couldn’t lay the wood to poor ole KY.

Even if Ole Miss is overrated and should be 10-15 or so…KY still beat them in THEIR HOUSE.

Are we really saying that a team like Michigan State would get the same disrepect had they lost to #1 Michigan followed by upsetting #5 Penn State in their house 2 weeks later? Even if they had a bad loss to Northwestern in the second week of the season?

I don’t disagree whatsoever that losing to S. Car like they did garnered much disrespect.

However, I think it’s also fair to point out the media also could give respect where it’s due…playing UGA to the wire with very stout UK defense, and doing so again with defense to upset #5 Ole Miss SHOULD get some respect as opposed to just dismissing the UK team (especially the defense) and assuming the opponent was just worse because they couldn’t lay the wood to poor ole KY.

Even if Ole Miss is overrated and should be 10-15 or so…KY still beat them in THEIR HOUSE.

Are we really saying that a team like Michigan State would get the same disrepect had they lost to #1 Michigan followed by upsetting #5 Penn State in their house 2 weeks later? Even if they had a bad loss to Northwestern in the second week of the season?
Fair points! We are definitely better than the media gives us credit for, well, at least defensively. But I think a lot of that disrespect comes from Stoops and his ability to have random stinkers 1-3 times a year where we just play like we are hungover and lose games we shouldn't. I completely understand where you are coming from though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT