ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, in West Lafayette...

Why? And complain cause instead of beating emu not bad enough, we lost all together. I’ll take 7-3 with a tougher schedule over 5-5 Any day
Here is the counter to that tho...

What was our record in year 2?

Would he recruit better with top 10 SEC facilities?

Compare year 6 to year 6.

Not saying it is right or wrong. Just playing devils advocate.

We win 5 games in second season. The record of the teams we lost to was 64-24. Not a single one of our losses had a losing record. How’s that for a comparison

Four of our loses was to ten win teams also.

Doesn't Brohm have a huge buy out that U of L would have to pay? I have heard as much as 6 million. Combined with the 14 million pay out for Petrino ? Is Brohm worth 20 million + a likely 5-6 million dollar salary? All of this from a program that is still on the hot seat as it relates to basketball and the NCAA.

But then again with the new stadium expansion and the empty seats this year, I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

Doesn't Brohm have a huge buy out that U of L would have to pay? I have heard as much as 6 million. Combined with the 14 million pay out for Petrino ? Is Brohm worth 20 million + a likely 5-6 million dollar salary? All of this from a program that is still on the hot seat as it relates to basketball and the NCAA.

But then again with the new stadium expansion and the empty seats this year, I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.
You can’t really say $20M for hiring Brohm. They have to pay the $14M to Petrino no matter who they hire. This stuff is bound to be a distraction to his current team. If he doesn’t come out publicly and remove his name from consideration by tomorrow I’d say it’s probably going to happen.

Why? And complain cause instead of beating emu not bad enough, we lost all together. I’ll take 7-3 with a tougher schedule over 5-5 Any day

you are correct

Reactions: Dncmaxwell

Exactly and he has already beat 3 ranked teams. You guys can laugh all you want, we don't want Brohm at Louisville. It will hurt our recruiting.

Brohm may be a great coach at some point. But he isn't now. Completely inconsistent. Blows out osu but has some awful losses, some of them in dominating fashion.

I think he has promise but far from a sure thing.

Brohm may be a great coach at some point. But he isn't now. Completely inconsistent. Blows out osu but has some awful losses, some of them in dominating fashion.

I think he has promise but far from a sure thing.
He may be inconsistent but he is in his second year at PURDUE, which has a similar tradition to UK. The fact that he crushed OSU in his second year speaks volumes. Stoops didn't beat any good teams his second year.

He may be inconsistent but he is in his second year at PURDUE, which has a similar tradition to UK. The fact that he crushed OSU in his second year speaks volumes. Stoops didn't beat any good teams his second year.

And got crushed by Minn as well as losing to a directional Michigan school.

Ya it's different. It's way easier. A putrid division where northwestern reigns supreme. The entire division couldn't field an all-star team and beat Georgia, Florida, or Mississippi State.

He may yet be great. But it's far from certain at this point.

If you think Stoops had the talent Brohm does in his second year you are crazy. Our talent level was MAC at best.

Exactly and he has already beat 3 ranked teams. You guys can laugh all you want, we don't want Brohm at Louisville. It will hurt our recruiting.
Brohm at Purdue has already hurt our recruiting. Brohm at Louisville would own Trinity, No sense in even trying to recruit there. hell, you could say that about most all of Jefferson County. Our in-state recruiting has been bad enough as it is, this certainly wouldn't help. And i'm also of the mindset that he could potentially flip Wandale Robinson if he gets hired before the early signing period. If Robinson doesn't sign by then, the writings on the wall.

I like to think Brohm will just play UofL for a bigger payday at Purdue or hold out to see if a bigger job comes open like Auburn. But there aren't exactly very many of those type jobs looking to be open this year.

I think there are enough boosters and people in the city of Louisville that will pony up whatever is necessary to get the hometown boy back here. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out, but regardless Brohm at Louisville is not a good thing for us. Not because I fear losing games to them, but more because I fear the hit our in-state recruiting will take.

Reactions: Levibooty
Unfortunately, I agree, Brohm will beat Stoops like a rented mule. UK defense come November is a sieve. Can't stop anyone
I see that someone gets it.....2019 is going to be ugly. Stoop better cancel the paper and internet and sleep in his office. The stadium will be empty next season.

And got crushed by Minn as well as losing to a directional Michigan school.

Ya it's different. It's way easier. A putrid division where northwestern reigns supreme. The entire division couldn't field an all-star team and beat Georgia, Florida, or Mississippi State.

He may yet be great. But it's far from certain at this point.
We got crushed by 1-5 TN, what does it matter?

Reactions: KY1WING
Brohm is a very good coach. I agree they act like he’s Saben but he’s a good coach. They will be competitive again really fast with Brohm. We better get them this year and next.

Reactions: 1977CatFan
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Petrino's record - 119-56 - 11 Bowl Games in 14 Chances - 2 BCS Bowls
Brohm's record - 42-21- 4 Bowl Games in 4 Chances
Stoops' record - 33-39 - 2 Bowl Games in 5 Chances

Like I said, I'd hire Brohm in a heartbeat.

Wow, this says it all......of course your going to hear that they don't play in the SEC......Stoops will remain near .500 as the best UK coaches we have had. It's a dead end for FB.

Looking at record only is not only ignoring other factors, it's completely idiotic.

In what conferences did Brohm compile that record? It does make a difference.

That’s a losers mentality. The record is all that matters.
Losers mentality?? No, a losing mentality is saying the record is all that matters. Winning at all cost is makes you a loser in time. Look at the UL coaches.

To ignore that hand dealt to each is and the circumstances to which they have had to overcome is ridiculous and shows an agenda.

If Brohm were smart he'd hang tough right there, win 7 or so games a year at Purdue get to Bowls and wait for a PAC job to open.

Easy offensive friendly conference. Blow it up like Mike Leach, then hop right to the NFL as Saturday/offensive football becomes more popular on Sunday.

We'll never hear from him again if he goes to UL.

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
Purdue is now 5-5 after getting waxed 41-10 at Minnesota. Perhaps Brohm and the team are getting distracted by all this Brohm-to-UofL talk.
That may be on the mark. I expect it is making some Purdue commits nervous too.

Vince Tyra is a personal friend of the Brohm family. That is part of the reason he got Jurich's job in the first place. UL is eating $14 million to get rid of Petrino. They would not be doing this now unless they have an agreement in place with Brohm to replace him.

Just assume Brohm will be UL's next football coach. This doesn't scare me. Brohm is a pretty good recruiter, but he is overhyped. He beat an overrated Ohio State team and deserves some credit for it. But he hasn't exactly dominated the B10. The ACC isn't the SEC, but it isn't the Sunbelt Conference either. Brohm will have to deliver quickly or else the honeymoon will be over. Getting blown out by Clemson and Syracuse will not be excused. If he doesn't get it done, he will bring down Tyra with him. This isn't 1995.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
And what if Louisville doesn't get Brohm?
Has anyone considered that?
Have Louisville fans considered that?
They might end up with a worse coach than Pitino. Remember Jurich is gone. Tyra has to consider not only their financial obligations, which are tightening. But the moral fiber of any potential hire, considering Louisville's recent scandals. This may not work out how many Louisville fans want.
ThumbsUp.gif

Losers mentality?? No, a losing mentality is saying the record is all that matters. Winning at all cost is makes you a loser in time. Look at the UL coaches.

To ignore that hand dealt to each is and the circumstances to which they have had to overcome is ridiculous and shows an agenda.

Show me where I said win at all costs. I said winning matters. Those records are all at comparable schools. Your agenda is obvious. You want to believe UK has the best coaches in every sport all the time. They dont. That stat was evidence.

Reactions: wildcat1973
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT