ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile…

To recap, as Fox2monk noted, Bank OZK Arena has a capacity of over 6,000, and as chroix noted, only about 4,000 spectators were there.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2024/oct/13/taking-it-to-the-people/

Bob Holt said:
The Razorbacks were at Bank OZK Arena inside the Hot Springs Convention Center rather than working at their practice facility in Fayetteville or at Walton Arena.

It marked the first public appearance by the Razorbacks as a team as they practiced in front of an estimated crowd of 4,000.

If Cal had held it at Bud Walton Arena, it would've looked desolate, since Walton Arena has a capacity of a little over 19,000.

It'll be interesting to keep track of the Razorbacks's home attendance this season.

Last edited:
To recap, as Fox2monk noted, Bank OZK Arena has a capacity of over 6,000, and as chroix noted, only about 4,000 spectators were there.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2024/oct/13/taking-it-to-the-people/

If Cal had held it at Bud Walton Arena, it would've looked desolate, since Walton Arena has a capacity of a little over 19,000.

It'll be interesting to keep track of the Razorbacks's home attendance this season.

That’s interesting. So they’re doing another one Sunday in Pine Bluff. Can’t imagine it would be more than the clip I posted. Nothing else scheduled as far as I can tell. Can’t imagine how underwhelming an experience that would be to a kid that thought he was coming here and ended up there. Ouch.

That’s interesting. So they’re doing another one Sunday in Pine Bluff. Can’t imagine it would be more than the clip I posted. Nothing else scheduled as far as I can tell. Can’t imagine how underwhelming an experience that would be to a kid that thought he was coming here and ended up there. Ouch.

Did you know that Arkansas charges admission to these events? I didn't. BBM tickets are free except for the Ticketmaster fee, right (I've never been)?

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/arkansas-mbb-to-have-tip-off-tour-in-hot-springs-and-pine-bluff/

FAYETTEVILLE – In an effort to live up to promises made by Arkansas head coach John Calipari’s during his introductory press conference, the Razorback men’s basketball program will hold events – dubbed “The Tip-Off Tour” – at Hot Springs’ Bank OZK Arena (Oct. 12 – Saturday – 4 pm start) and Pine Bluff’s Convention Center (Oct. 13 – Sunday – 5 pm start).

The Tip-off Tour will consist of meet and greet opportunities, questions and answers from selected coaches and players, and player introductions along with additional fan-oriented activities. These will be the first public looks of the 2024-25 Razorbacks and the events will show how Coach Calipari is preparing the Hogs for the season through individual drills and skill work as well as team concepts with five-on-five competition.

There will be three pricing levels, and the purchase points will be the same at each venue. Proceeds will be shared with each venue and Arkansas Edge NIL to benefit Razorback student-athletes.

• General Admission – $30 per seat. General admission to the event and seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.

• Meet & Greet – $75 per seat for up to 200 fans. Each ticket will allow access to and interactions with the players and coaches before the event and a Coach Calipari autograph. Fans at this level will be allowed in the facilities early and will have selected rows reserved for them close the team benches.

• Premium – $1,000 per seat (8 seats available). Person will be able to sit on the Razorback bench with players and coaches during the event, have a picture taken with team members and get player autographs and meet with Coach Calipari to get a photo and autograph before the event. (NOTE: in accordance with NCAA regulations, students in grades 7-12 will not be able to participate in this option.)

• Haha
Reactions: chroix
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT