ADVERTISEMENT

mayo : love it or hate it

Interesting question. I’m kind of indifferent to it. I don’t love or hate it.

I guess I’m more of a hot sauce guy. I also love Heinz ketchup and French’s mustard.
Heinz ketchup and there is no debate or any other option.

peanut-butter-marshmallow-sandwich-today-main-180924_75d28f2e2e20a67d18d28c25aaf2bdbe.fit-760w.jpg

Move over Jelly.

Combine 1 cup mayo, 1/2 chopped onion, 1 tbsp relish (drained), 2 tbsp yellow mustard, garlic powder, onion powder...family recipe known as bo-burger relish...it’s awesome on grilled burgers, hot dogs, and fish as a tartar sauce substitute. Prepare it a day early....amazing stuff. Enjoy!!!!

Also, mayo is the best. It us a superior sandwich topper. Miracle Whip is just a version of mayo. It is mayo with sugar and vinegar added to it. I actually like Kraft Mayo better than Hellman's but they are both excellent.

Reactions: chroix
Was surprised how good the Dukes lime tastes. Anyone tried the Dukes lite? I don’t want to be too disappointed.

Heinz ketchup and there is no debate or any other option.
Regular Heinz ketchup uses high fructose corn syrup which is unhealthy and has a heavy taste. I much prefer ketchups made with regular sugar. Heinz makes one but they charge quite a bit more for it.

Like mayo mainly as a mixer for chicken or tuna salads and stuff like that. Miracle whip for sandwiches. Peanut butter and Miracle Whip is amazing and should be a staple in every household.

• Wow
Reactions: jameslee32
False...and false, but expected from a novice.

I just made the world's best chicken salad, and used MW. It was fabulous.
Not shocked you would dig in when you are absolutely wrong.

"According to Kraft archivist Becky Haglund Tousey, Kraft developed the product in house, using a patented "emulsifying machine", invented by Charles Chapman, to create a product that blended mayonnaise"

What really sets Miracle Whip apart from mayonnaise is its taste. While Miracle Whip, like mayonnaise, is made with eggs, oil, and an acid ingredient such as lemon juice, it also contains a blend of spices, including mustard, paprika, and garlic. The real difference in flavor, though, lies in the fact that Miracle Whip is made with corn syrup, notes Healthline.

Reactions: J_Dee and rudd1
Mayo is like anything in life. A little goes a long way. IOW, it can enhance some things, but it's a fine line from enhancing to ruining.

Miracle Whip is an abomination.

Reactions: 80 Proof
It's the only thing my older dog, Olive won't eat. She gets a mouthful of it and spits it all over the GD place. Just sitting on the couch, spitting popcorn onto the floor, like sunflower seeds. LOL

Reactions: J_Dee
I knew before I opened this thread, that UKO would be pro Miracle Whip.

Liking Miracle Whip essentially = You just don't KNOW any better...

Much like pulling for UNC basketball, the Yankees, gold chokers, listening to the Eagles etc.

LOL

It really makes a sandwich. Everything from a club sandwich to my sandwich meat with Buffalo sauce and mayo. I hate the calories in it. But it's one of those things that can just "make" a sandwich.

It’s alright but not on my list of weekly or monthly usage. Don’t keep it at home. I don’t put many sauces on anything because they’re usually full of saturated fat and/or sugar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT