ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe it is time for me

Tskware

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
Can't add anything to the game last night that has not already been said. But one thing that has been on my mind for a while, is that these kind of games just don't bother me nearly as much as they used to. I am definitely not as invested as I used to be. Unlimited transfer portal and NIL have definitely curbed my enthusiasm. UK only 17-15 last 2 1/2 years, I can't see us benefiting from the new system, at least so far.

Or maybe I have just gotten numb to the SOS: I have probably seen that same Vandy game seems like four or five times now. Seen us get stopped inside the ten to lose to Tennessee seems like four or five times as well. Those losses used to make me toss and turn at night, even ruined a weekend or two. Now, its . . . well, meh.

Further, I noticed last night how few people I know at the games anymore, and I used to run into all kinds of friends. Getting into my mid sixties, wife doesn't really enjoy football, so she will only go maybe once or twice a year, just to make me happy. And it gets harder every year to find friends to invite, they are all my age or some even older, and a 7:45 PM kickoff is a non starter to most. I quit going to all the home games years ago, already missed Ohio U, 0.0% interest in seeing Murray game, and over Thanksgiving weekend, even UL may be a game time decision, assuming it still means anything and the weather is decent.

I have had a lot of great times at CWS over five or six decades, but frankly, I enjoyed the baseball more the last two years than the football games. That being said, I am not ready to give up my football tickets, money is not a problem, I have got great seats, I like the folks I sit with, and easy walk to and from the stadium. But thinking seriously of cutting back to maybe going to 2 or 3 games a year, and selling the rest. But if I can walk out of the stadium last night and not really be all that upset, probably time for me to take a back seat and let the younger fans, who are more into it than I am, carry the flag.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.