ADVERTISEMENT

Maxey impressing

I think he’s more well rounded than any guard recruit we got this year. Probably not as good a shooter as Herro or Baker. Probably better ball handler than either of those. Probably a better scorer than Quickley but not as good of a PG. Same thing for Hagansexcept Hagans is a better defender. Dude is good at all aspects.

Maxey has been an ass-kicking monster in the EYBL. To the point where you have to wonder if he's better right now than any other guard recruit UK has coming, this year or next.

but folks have already decided that we are so loaded at guard and maxey isnt that good. lol

but folks have already decided that we are so loaded at guard and maxey isnt that good. lol

Completely different circuits, but Hagans is averaging 9.5 ppg on 40% shooting in the Adidas Gauntlet. I think I know which dude was ready to make the biggest impact next year.

I think he’s more well rounded than any guard recruit we got this year. Probably not as good a shooter as Herro or Baker. Probably better ball handler than either of those. Probably a better scorer than Quickley but not as good of a PG. Same thing for Hagansexcept Hagans is a better defender. Dude is good at all aspects.
Hagans is a better defender and a better distributor but Maxey really has no glaring weakness in his game which is so uncommon at this stage.

I love Hagans as our PG next year because of the shooters he’ll be surrounded by, but Maxey is the type of player that deserves to have the ball in his hands and be the face of a team and that would’ve been really difficult to do with the roster it looks like we’re going to have.

Reactions: kennycat1
Hagans is a better defender and a better distributor but Maxey really has no glaring weakness in his game which is so uncommon at this stage.

I love Hagans as our PG next year because of the shooters he’ll be surrounded by, but Maxey is the type of player that deserves to have the ball in his hands and be the face of a team and that would’ve been really difficult to do with the roster it looks like we’re going to have.
Lot of truth here

Have a feeling when teams succeed penetrating the hole on us that over time Maxey will do a damn good job of clogging up the hole in our defense and prevent any further bleeding whenever our defense suffers.
Less athletic Eric Gordon at the same stage
less athletic? I honestly didn't think he was much a high flyer/great dunker myself. Til I saw his hudl highlights. He is way more explosive than people realize he gets up.

ADVERTISEMENT