ADVERTISEMENT

Matt House....Not gone yet..

Mar 10, 2007
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ke...ucky-sports/uk-football/article200885019.html House has a $150,000 dollar “Pay out” .. not buy out... All of UK assistants other than Clinksdale... I believe we will work out a deal with House... I know the Chiefs are on the cusp of something big and even at linebackers coach he would get a look from other teams if he just helped get their defense incrementally better.. We will probably offer close to $800,000... He makes $650,000... when he started he was at $175,000.. let’s see if loyalty matters here.. although the Chiefs situation is a VERY unique one,and may be to hard to overcome...

Last edited:
Reactions: matt_man
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ke...ucky-sports/uk-football/article200885019.html House has a $150,000 dollar “Pay out” .. not buy out... All of UK assistants other than Clinksdale... I believe we will work out a deal with House... I know the Chiefs are on cusp of something big and even at linebackers coach he would get a look from other teams if he just helped get their defense incrementally better.. We will probably offer $ close to $800,000... He makes $650,000... when he started he was at $175,000.. let’s see if loyalty maters here.. although the Chiefs situation it a VERY unique on an may be to hard to overcome...
Are you saying UK will offer $800K to stay

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ke...ucky-sports/uk-football/article200885019.html House has a $150,000 dollar “Pay out” .. not buy out... All of UK assistants other than Clinksdale... I believe we will work out a deal with House... I know the Chiefs are on cusp of something big and even at linebackers coach he would get a look from other teams if he just helped get their defense incrementally better.. We will probably offer $ close to $800,000... He makes $650,000... when he started he was at $175,000.. let’s see if loyalty maters here.. although the Chiefs situation it a VERY unique on an may be to hard to overcome...
Matt House should be offered the same salary Eddie Gran is making. That would probably keep him here, and would be well deserved.

After the year UK had defensively and him being the DC and making only"650k" if UK wants to keep him better pay the man. Some of the top DC's are making 2mil a year. I haven't checked but I would think the average in the conference is around 1mil. It's fair market it today's world.

After the year UK had defensively and him being the DC and making only"650k" if UK wants to keep him better pay the man. Some of the top DC's are making 2mil a year. I haven't checked but I would think the average in the conference is around 1mil. It's fair market it today's world.
True that but UK has a long, long history of under paying asst football coaches.

BTW, Clemson now has at least 3 assts making $1M+.

True that but UK has a long, long history of under paying asst football coaches.

BTW, Clemson now has at least 3 assts making $1M+.

Not surprising with the way head coach's salaries have skyrocketed as a result of TV. Money flowing. I will be a little surprised if we aren't there, our OL/associate head coach is making 1.3m.

Reactions: mrschwump
The only way I bounce is if KC is guaranteeing a fast track to DC.

Also, House needs to realize that in the league offensive guys are getting preference when it comes to HC.

Here at the college level, he's just another good season or two away from getting HC offers, DC offers at bigger football programs, and/or at least a fat raise from UK.

No way. Although college is becoming similar to the NFL with the stupid free agency transfers we are seeing. Emmert needs to go!
Don't doubt you re Emmert but NCAA rules/laws/whatever are approved by member schools.

We need to keep Matt bad. He’s helped make our Defense one the best in the SEC and should be paid as such. If we’re serious about growing this program, we must keep the good Coaches. He’s definitely one of the good ones and I want him here for as long as we can keep him.

House had some serious talent and experience on this past year's defense. The true measure of his skill set is yet to come in 2019 - 2020, when there is no top draft pick to lead the D, nor a senior laden defensive backfield to lean on. He does have a lot of talent returning, so this season will be a true test of ability as a defensive coordinator. Eager to see how he fills in the holes and gets them to play inspired team defense again. All the coaching staff is back, so I expect good things with this defensive squad in '19.

Reactions: The-Hack
House had some serious talent and experience on this past year's defense.

Yes. But House entered 2018 with a defense that had ranked in the 80’s and 90’s nationally, with an interior D-line that had allowed lots of running up the gut to negate our secondary.

Something(s) changed for 2019, and he gets lots of credit!!

Matt House has been a bad DC his entire career except for 2 seasons. The year that Aaron Donald was the most dominant player in football and the year Josh Allen was the most dominant player in football. Oh and for the record, he wasnt the position coach for either.

Here is a likely scenario. UK agrees to a buyout, but also makes House an offer to stay with a raise. House takes the raise.

Let’s wait and see if House gets a raise out of this. No program forces a coach to stay when he wants to leave. Stoops has a ton of defensive contacts. He doesn’t have to coerce a DC into staying. Nor would he want to. Not very believable.

Here is a likely scenario. UK agrees to a buyout, but also makes House an offer to stay with a raise. House takes the raise.

Let’s wait and see if House gets a raise out of this. No program forces a coach to stay when he wants to leave. Stoops has a ton of defensive contacts. He doesn’t have to coerce a DC into staying. Nor would he want to. Not very believable.

Exactly right. Not believable at all. It’s actually on the edge of stupid to think someone would even believe it. lol yeah what did Mark do?, told him you leave and I’ll give you an ass whooping? Hahahahaha

Matt’s a grown ass man and can go anywhere he wants. Lmao. I swear, this country I love has a few people in it that may need a tuneup! Lol

Reactions: THEmad PIRATE
Are you saying UK will offer $800K to stay
I would hope that they would not go higher, but $900,000 is not out of the question.. They “UK Brass and Boosters" are committed like NEVER before... and now with last year's success, we'll let's just say their whistle is wet. And with their 2 aggressive donors being in their mid 50's helps as well...

Google says NFL position coaches make $350-400K per year.

House allegedly makes $650K as UK DC.

Dem are the semi facts.

Kentucky: Yesterday it was reported that Kentucky defensive coordinator Matt House was leaving to join the Kansas City Chiefs as linebackers coach. However, today, sources tell FootballScoop House has elected to remain at Kentucky. We hear Stoops and the administration took care of House quite well. Matt Jones was first to mention that he might stay.

The only way I bounce is if KC is guaranteeing a fast track to DC.

Also, House needs to realize that in the league offensive guys are getting preference when it comes to HC.

Here at the college level, he's just another good season or two away from getting HC offers, DC offers at bigger football programs, and/or at least a fat raise from UK.
Not every coach wants/needs to be a head coach.
They internally know that are great coordinators or assistant coaches and may be a mediocre head coach.
That has proven countless times to be true countless times in all levels.

But when that offer comes along, almost all feel compelled to take. A true and great leader knows his limitations and knows whom he should “side” with.

Jmo

Kentucky: Yesterday it was reported that Kentucky defensive coordinator Matt House was leaving to join the Kansas City Chiefs as linebackers coach. However, today, sources tell FootballScoop House has elected to remain at Kentucky. We hear Stoops and the administration took care of House quite well. Matt Jones was first to mention that he might stay.

Actually I saw someone on Twitter say that House to the Chiefs was not a done deal a couple of hours before Jones did. I don't recall who it was though.

I will wait till this season plays out before I cast my vote with House. I think we can do better than him and probably with DeanHood as DC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT