ADVERTISEMENT

Mass shootings and concealed carry

My usual carry is a pocket Ruger 380, so no, I would engage unless the shooter got close enough me without seeing, then if given a chance, I would take a chance. I would try to shoot him before letting him just shoot me.

Conceal carry is basically for personal defense, to get someone off you, not to become a substitute for a cop

Only goes to show the urgency of securing the border both domestically and internationally. I am sure these shooters are crazed immigrants coming over the border or sneaking in from Canada as Isis agents.

Oh the shooters are mostly white 18-30 year old white nationalists. Looks like doesn't fit the political landscape to point this out by some who need these people to win elections.

Guess US is only place kids play video games. Bottom line is too easy access to weapons, I am a gun owner. Not enough red tape to keep people from driving to Nevada from California to buy guns. I mean you can run a credit report or police file in matter of minutes. Can't run some background information on these lunatics that are trying to buy guns.

Yeah, but guns are still part of the problem and it is a hell of a lot harder to take out 20 people with a knife as compared to a gun.

Up until 2016 the largest mass killing in the US was committed with a bomb.

37 kids in a school in Michigan in 1927.

Bad people will do bad things.

Sounds like the Dayton shooters sister was either murdered first because it was a domestic situation or she just happened to be at home when he was leaving and tried to maybe stop him or he didn't want her alerting the police. They said theyll have a press conference at 3 and at 4 so maybe there will be more known then.

Only goes to show the urgency of securing the border both domestically and internationally. I am sure these shooters are crazed immigrants coming over the border or sneaking in from Canada as Isis agents.

Oh the shooters are mostly white 18-30 year old white nationalists. Looks like doesn't fit the political landscape to point this out by some who need these people to win elections.

There have been plenty of shooters that were not 18 to 30 year old white nationalist. But hey get that out there so people believe it.

Not really
D5baYOEUcAAnuch.jpg

Socially inept white males tend to internalize their anger and then lash out like this to get back because they are so pissed off.

There have been plenty of shooters that were not 18 to 30 year old white nationalist. But hey get that out there so people believe it.
Guess those murderous immigrants that we have to build wall for are doing the killings, but we know most are 18-30 year old white kids who like last week in Calif and El Paso are white supremacists.
May be good for someone to point out that instigating the narrative has fostered these crazy idiots. Driving a car through Charlottesville killing people, immigrants are coming across and most all say in their writings that they are trying to kill immigrants/ muslims and Mexicans. Not really sure where they have heard this refrain the last few years, just a bout every week on twitter.

Guess those murderous immigrants that we have to build wall for are doing the killings but we know most are 18-30 year old white kids who like last week in Calif and El Paso are white supremacists.
May be good for someone to point out that instigating the narrative has fostered these crazy idiots. Driving a car through Charlottesville killing people, immigrants are coming across and most all say in their writings that they are trying to kill immigrants/ muslims and Mexicans. Not really sure where they have heard this refrain the last few years, just a bout every week on twitter.
We cannot have open boarders. You wouldn’t do it at your house so don’t force it on others

Guess those murderous immigrants that we have to build wall for are doing the killings but we know most are 18-30 year old white kids who like last week in Calif and El Paso are white supremacists.

I'm amazed you know so much about the political leanings of the last two shooters. Both have leftist values.

And yes illegal immigrants do murder people.

Reactions: JRCAT14 and mdlUK.1
We cannot have open boarders. You wouldn’t do it at your house so don’t force it on others
NO one is saying open borders, There is no great influx of people coming across border as some like to make out. About the same as ever, We deported more people in 2014-15 then we have last few years.
There is no way you can build a wall that is entry proof or economically feasible. You deport them and hope you can get Mexico more involved in doing the right thing. There will never be a fool proof way.
Mexicans who have been here illegally have been going back because Mexico is doing better economically. You keep them in country by hoping and helping them become better financially and economics. Better jobs which a credit to last 2 years has improved.

I'm amazed you know so much about the political leanings of the last two shooters. Both have leftist values.

And yes illegal immigrants do murder people.
Leftist values are killing Muslims and Mexicans? I mean it has been fodder for 2 1/2 years and many of the last 2 shooters have the talking points of pres. and his twitter and speeches. Pretty astonishing how they got their views, must have dreamed them up.

Just come out and say nationalism is wrong and white supremacists are wrong. Not hard
Nationalism is Naziesque. Our president in his total lack of history said he was a Nationalist.

Reactions: The_Catfather
My usual carry is a pocket Ruger 380, so no, I would engage unless the shooter got close enough me without seeing, then if given a chance, I would take a chance. I would try to shoot him before letting him just shoot me.

Conceal carry is basically for personal defense, to get someone off you, not to become a substitute for a cop

If I’m carrying and there’s an active shooter I’m taking him down. Why else carry? I get the self defense thing but that is much murkier than taking out a random shooter. The predator has to become the prey. You know where he is he doesn’t know where the people carrying are. No way could i hide and watch people gunned down knowing I could take action to stop it. My mentality probably comes from being a teacher in this age and having to perform drills. If it were an active shooter in my school I was always planning ways to take him out without a gun.

Reactions: LeTude
El Paso Walmart is an open carry store. Texas is an open carry state. No good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun. Everyone needs to end that fake as shit narrative.

Reactions: Real Deal 2
Unfortunately when white people like Stephen paddock go crazy they kill 58 people at a concert. I’m not a gun enthusiast by no means but I fully believe in the 2nd amendment. Taking guns away solves nothing, it’s similar to prohibition. People will still have them or find a way to get them. Please it’s big business. Stricter gun laws may help that, but there would have to be a compromise from both sides of the aisle.

So you're saying that a good guy with a gun never stopped a mass shooter?

The number of defensive gun uses per year is staggering. Besides that constitution thing, the fact that guns are used to prevent assaults, rape, murder, armed robbery, etc. a shit ton of times is enough to end the silly “ban these guns for law abiding citizens!!!”. It’s purely political bs, based on irrational fear, and it’s pretty effective.

The number of defensive gun uses per year is staggering. Besides that constitution thing, the fact that guns are used to prevent assaults, rape, murder, armed robbery, etc. a shit ton of times is enough to end the silly “ban these guns for law abiding citizens!!!”. It’s purely political bs, based on irrational fear, and it’s pretty effective.

Deterrence doesn't make the news.

I’m not missing the point, if a law isn’t going to stop bad people from doing bad things then there shouldn’t be a point in drug laws, correct? Or why the big deal over abortion, people will just get them in back alleys anyway, right? Or why speed limits, people will drive fast won’t they? Why have any regulations or laws at all? Im not going to keep going on and waste my time with this talk, it’s not going to change anything, but the mental gymnastics with the same group that loves regulating other activities does to literally make NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER to gun laws is hilarious.

I definitely think that they should install bright lights and remove all the coat hangers from those dark alleys where so many abortions have taken place.

Until the CDC is allowed to study gun violence, it is unclear what the solution to this problem is.

But we have already decided as a country that we simply don't care about it. That battle is lost for the time being. Here is to hoping future generations can find a solution.

I was there in the mass shooting in Dayton last night. The only deterrence was thankfully heroic police officers strategically placed who equalized him within a minute. The guy rolled up with a semi automatic .223 high capacity gun and body armor. Literally hundreds, including myself could have died. A small concealed gun wouldn’t have done a thing.

I agree, that's what I carry as well.

Until the CDC is allowed to study gun violence, it is unclear what the solution to this problem is.

But we have already decided as a country that we simply don't care about it. That battle is lost for the time being. Here is to hoping future generations can find a solution.

Let them study it. Idc, but it would likely be just another huge waste of money. It’s not a gun problem, it’s a people problem and we study that don’t we?

We have decided as a country, or as states, that people do care about gun violence and that is evident in all the gun restrictions that have been passed all over this country.

Reactions: JohnBlue_
I carry every where I go and I think about what would I do if I were ever in a situation where a crazed person is shooting at people. I am not sure what I would do, I pray to God I never have to make that decision. Part of me says, if I have a clear shot, take the shot and the other part of me, says, take cover if possible and don't try and be a hero. I am military trained with weapons and and take regular gun classes. I go to the shooting range twice a month to stay sharp. I consider myself a good shot with any gun I own. If my wife was with me in that type of situation, my first goal would be to protect her even if it cost me my life as I would give my life to save hers.

Reading your post gives me an idea. Rather than letting any yahoo that wants to be a bad ass buy a gun and carry it around in public, why not offer a "good samaritan program" Where highly qualified people like yourself could pass a certification program administered by local law enforcement and then be licensed to carry a gun anywhere, at any time. In effect you would be a defacto volunteer law enforcement agent.

I think we would have better outcomes like that.

Reactions: homeytheclown
Let them study it. Idc, but it would likely be just another huge waste of money. It’s not a gun problem, it’s a people problem and we study that don’t we?

We have decided as a country, or as states, that people do care about gun violence and that is evident in all the gun restrictions that have been passed all over this country.
We're all pissing in the wind until actual data is provided to us by qualified professionals.

Socially inept white males tend to internalize their anger and then lash out like this to get back because they are so pissed off.
So what was the black guy that shot up the Walmart in Mississippi? Or the thousands of others shooting each other every day?

We're all pissing in the wind until actual data is provided to us by qualified professionals.

What would they study about guns? I just don’t understand what data would be helpful. Ballistic data? The fact you can shoot more with 30 round mags?

Guns aren’t rocket science. They are tools. The humans who use them illegally are much more complicated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT