ADVERTISEMENT

Marrow on losing Jarren Williams

Seems odd that he’s even commenting. Not that there’s anything wrong with it but they aren’t supposed to comment about specific recruits and this is obviously pretty specific. I guess if a name isn’t mentioned it’s ok. Either way, sure hope we find a qb that’s a good replacement in the class. Can’t expect them to be as good as Stephen Johnson though. That kid has a mentality that you can’t coach. Never gets rattled. Always ready to play even after mistakes. I love the kid and hope our next quarterback has those same qualities.

Seems odd that he’s even commenting. Not that there’s anything wrong with it but they aren’t supposed to comment about specific recruits and this is obviously pretty specific. I guess if a name isn’t mentioned it’s ok. Either way, sure hope we find a qb that’s a good replacement in the class. Can’t expect them to be as good as Stephen Johnson though. That kid has a mentality that you can’t coach. Never gets rattled. Always ready to play even after mistakes. I love the kid and hope our next quarterback has those same qualities.
I love Smitty but I hope we get to the point on offense we can do better. 2500 yards for a qb is decent but we need more if we want to contend

As long as no names are mentioned there is no violation..

Reactions: *Bleedingblue*
And I'm sure he was asked a question regarding the situation. Can't just brush it off, then it looks like we are pouring. His answer was perfect. Look we have found good guys before we would do it again

If your a recruit after an interview where he said we didn't get who we wanted sinwe are just going to go find someone for finding someone. That wouldn't sit well. He said look we found this guy when no one wanted him, we will do it agai. We look for certian traits and if you have t you'll hear from us. The boat has sailed there. (Whether it has or not in sure we are telling the new qbs we are recruiting it has. .

Williams would have been the next "Newton" A highly touted recruit, had the mentality he was the greatest and failed. I learned one thing. If a highly touted recruit thinks his sh*t doesn't stink he always fails... They think since they can compete in high school they can walk into a college stadium and take their lunch....
Lets go after a JUCO transfer with experience and wants to come here to win games not his own self. Example Mr.Johnson. My all time favorite qb just because of his heart and fight.

Reactions: Big_Blue_Blaster

I saw nothing odd.

I can only imagine what Williams’ dad will do the moment he realizes his son isn’t being given the starting QB within the first two years at whatever school he goes to. I bet he transfers within a year or two.
He will be playing JUCO ball after next year. Daddy got caught up in the hype of one game and bought in. He will get his feelings hurt next year when his boy is signaling in plays and carrying Gatorade. Wish him well though.

Anyone think his dad will dress out in a helmet and a Road Warrior outfit while leading the Cane walk?

Reactions: CGblue
Gotcha. That’s what I figured. Nothing wrong at all with what he said by the way. Just wonders what the context was I guess.
I think that even if VM had mentioned JW by name, the consequence would result in JW being ineligible to sign with us, but guess what, that ship had already sailed anyway.

As long as no names are mentioned there is no violation..

Unless we hope he commits a 3rd time, I don't think a name being used even matters at this point. I believe we would just not be able to recruit him anymore if we did use his name in interviews.

Reactions: catswillwin
Marrow didn't mention a name. SJ is a fine quarterback, but not a unique player. He has won a lot of games, and some of that goes to his leadership while some of it goes to contributions from other players around him. SJ and Coach Hinshaw responded to an opportunity. There will be future opportunities. UK had Parilli, Couch, Lorenzen, Woodson. UK will have other great quarterbacks, and the direction in recruitment under Marrow remains very positive.

How can you not love Vince Marrow? I'd run through a wall for that dude and I'm not even on the team.

Reactions: J19D76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT