ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Story: What Stoops needs to fix

And? He was still an average QB & that team’s success was mostly due to a GREAT defense, OL & Benny Snell. A cpl nice passes changes nothing. He didn’t consistently throw it that well or this wouldn’t even be a debate. You’re all about offense & scoring 30 ppg but here you are defending TW against Will Levis, lol. In 2018 we averaged 26.6 ppg, 85th out of 130. In 2021 we averaged 32.3 ppg, 36th out of 130. That’s a big difference. I can’t believe I’m seriously having to plead Levis’ case against Terry freaking Wilson, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Samurai Cat
Some I'd add:
5. When UK has a lead, go for the opponent's throat and quit thinking about running clock in the 3rd quarter. Stop trying to win 'nice'. Get a big lead, put backups in to run the same offense and defense. So tired of not having comfortable wins where 75 players play. Every dang win seems like it's a nail-biter and we aren't truly comfortable unless there's only 4 minutes to play with a 14-point lead. And even then...
6. Come out of the locker room ready to play. So tired of the other team scoring first almost every single game. Play with intensity and fire from the opening kickoff, not vanilla base, lackadaisical defense that just allows teams to go straight down the field to score early. And running off tackle the first play of every game. Be creative but not risky. Have a mind set that we're hanging 40 on our opponent by the end of the 3rd quarter and then everyone in uniform is gonna play the 4th.
7. Develop a backup QB who can run some % of the offense effectively. Develop seasoned backups at every position, especially in the early OOC games. We should be playing almost everyone who dresses in those games and get everyone some quality snaps and ask them to run the offense/defense the same as the starters. Injuries happen and we can't forfeit 3 games because a key player gets hurt and we have no backup ready to play.
8. Hold everyone associated with the program (coaches, players, consultants, etc.) 100% accountable. No more catering to prima donnas. No more making excuses for coaches whose player group underperforms. No more stupid penalties that hurt the team without obvious consequences. Act like a Bama and a Georgia and expect everyone involved to do so, also, and you may be surprised how quickly things improve.
I think #5 has worn me out more than almost anything else during Coach Stoop's tenure. He just will not stick the knife in after he has a lead.

And? He was still an average QB & that team’s success was mostly due to a GREAT defense, OL & Benny Snell. A cpl nice passes changes nothing. He didn’t consistently throw it that well or this wouldn’t even be a debate. You’re all about offense & scoring 30 ppg but here you are defending TW against Will Levis, lol. In 2018 we averaged 26.6 ppg, 85th out of 130. In 2021 we averaged 32.3 ppg, 36th out of 130. That’s a big difference. I can’t believe I’m seriously having to plead Levis’ case against Terry freaking Wilson, lol.
Never said he was better than WL, just that he was a bigger cog in a big season than you want to give him credit for. He was a GAMER with a huge heart!

Kick return TD, defense creating 2 fumbles and offense putting up 31 pts along with a 30+ total pts won this game...THIS is what we need more of going forward!
And ZERO penalties . How many times in other blames have we shot ourselves in the foot with undisciplined penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT