ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Pope: Intriguing and Exciting

TheBlueMax

Junior
Jan 1, 2003
Kentucky
If these reports are true, as many we have seen this week turn out to be either false or incorrect, then this could be similar to hiring a young and unproven Coach K. The 1996 National Champion team was arguably the best we ever had at Kentucky. Mark Pope was a big part of that team's success, and he had some fabulous wins with an exciting BYU team this year. He knows exactly what it takes to compete for championships. Goodness knows we don't need yet another carnival barker--Mark Pope is everything we need in a man and a coach to bring us out of this temporary funk.

I really am encouraged by this novel choice, and believe many of you who are not thrilled now will be once he's on board. There's a lot to like here. I think, if true, our fortunes just got a lot better. Young. Smart. Experienced. Great player. Finally, we get one of our own. And, Scott Drew should already know that God is a Kentucky fan!

Last edited:
What in the flaming hell have you been smoking?!?! Mark Pope, intriguing and exciting?!?!?!?!?! This is probably the worst hire I've ever seen at any level in sports, ever. Jesus H. Christ.
LOL!!!! Hilarious man! I needed a good laugh after this dreary, rainy day. I may remind you of this post one day.

Reactions: Dirt Court King
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT