ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Few just came off my future coach list

rodserling

Sophomore
Apr 19, 2011
They had to know they would go to the admiral for that shot and his man left him. That should have been the last thing Few said was don't give him a shot.

Also, Barnes called a time out with 29 seconds to get his team together. Huh

I’d love to have Barnes or Few. That shot wasn’t on Few. Hatchy is a vet that knows better than that. You know Few told them not to let Bowden or Schofield beat them. Lost his head on a screen.

They had to know they would go to the admiral for that shot and his man left him. That should have been the last thing Few said was don't give him a shot.

I did not know the coach could that.

Few is not leaving Gonzaga. So being on any list is futile.

Reactions: TheOtherGreatOne
An NBA 3 is a shot you can live with that guy hitting them. You gotta tip your hat and move on when its against another top 10 team.

Also......... Why wouldnt Few come to UK... he could actually win a title here..... at Gonzaga there will always be a UNC or Duke getting calls against him to keep him from possibly winning the title there.

An NBA 3 is a shot you can live with that guy hitting them. You gotta tip your hat and move on when its against another top 10 team.

Also......... Why wouldnt Few come to UK... he could actually win a title here..... at Gonzaga there will always be a UNC or Duke getting calls against him to keep him from possibly winning the title there.
Villanova has managed to overcome it twice recently, so I could see the Zags doing it.

Thought I just read Barnes hasn’t been to the Sweet-16 in a decade. You’re ready to sign up for that? Lol uh ok
He’s obviously a different coach now than he was at Texas. What he’s done at TN has been impressive. They were picked dead last in the sec when he took over and now they’re the best team in the league by a good margin, a top 5 team and just beat the #1 team and could have easily beaten the #2 team.

I don’t see them giving up 118, getting beat by 30 to Duke or losing to Setan Hall.

Ugh hate Rocky Top....KU is now #1 unless pUKe jumps them...UT is for real, Cal better start seriously slapping our kids around and play only those who DESERVE to play. No more here's a couple minutes so you can turn it over 3 times, kill our momentum and then look up to Cal without taking responsibility

Few is a Gonzaga lifer anyway. Plus he is only 3 years younger than Calipari so it's really nonsense to include him on any " future coach " list. Truth be told, I don't care about future coaches, I just want the Old Cal back. Sadly, New Cal may have eaten Old Cal

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
He’s obviously a different coach now than he was at Texas. What he’s done at TN has been impressive. They were picked dead last in the sec when he took over and now they’re the best team in the league by a good margin, a top 5 team and just beat the #1 team and could have easily beaten the #2 team.

I don’t see them giving up 118, getting beat by 30 to Duke or losing to Setan Hall.

I don’t see Barnes taking us to 4 Final-4’s either. I also don’t see him winning us a national title, but what do I know.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I’d love to have Barnes or Few. That shot wasn’t on Few. Hatchy is a vet that knows better than that. You know Few told them not to let Bowden or Schofield beat them. Lost his head on a screen.
Barnes has 1 Final Four in 30 years. Couldn’t get past the 2nd round with Kevin Durant & a losing record in the tourney and you’d love to have him?

Those calls would still go against him if he were here.

Reactions: TheOtherGreatOne

Yep, scratch his ass off this list!!

For that right there!

Final Fours mean squat. Personally I’m not satisfied coming in 2nd, 3rd or 4th place. I sure as hell know fans of Bama/Clemson wouldn’t be happy just making the playoff or losing the title game.

As for a title, I don’t know one way or another if he could here. But I know his chances of winning one the last couple years have been better than Cal’s.

He can win one at Gonzaga and it just very well may be this year. I think he has proven his worth and proven that he can win at the highest level there. If you're getting to the FF, the title game, and building great teams, it's just a matter of time before you knock the door down if you're as good a coach as Mark Few.

Final Fours mean squat. Personally I’m not satisfied coming in 2nd, 3rd or 4th place. I sure as hell know fans of Bama/Clemson wouldn’t be happy just making the playoff or losing the title game.

As for a title, I don’t know one way or another if he could here. But I know his chances of winning one the last couple years have been better than Cal’s.

Didn’t we go further in the tournament than UT last year?

What about the rest of the years? You just counting the past couple?

It's funny how so many posters pick and choose facts and choose specific windows in time to fit their agenda.

Few has never been on my list. 1 because he’d never have taken the job if offered. Dude has it made in Spokane. He never has to win anything meaningful. Few could miss the tourney the next 10 years before they’d even think about moving on.

2 He has over 500 career wins and an 82% career win rate and has been past the sweet 16 only twice.

I think he’s a great coach. I just don’t think he has the post season chops to keep this fanbase happy.

Well,if you aren't there(FF) you pretty much aren't going to win squat so there is that.

[laughing]

Barnes lost in the 2nd round last year. That’s the same.

Barnes teams typically fell apart mid season at Texas. Tennessee had pretty good season last year.

It remains to be seen if this is new or old rick Barnes. To me Tennessee looks like a top 5 team right now. Can they sustain that? I have my doubts.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
What about the rest of the years? You just counting the past couple?

It's funny how so many posters pick and choose facts and choose specific windows in time to fit there agenda.
Yes I’m picking the recent history. The last few years. That’s all that matters. Kids don’t care what happened before they were in high school. Therefore we are about to enter a time where we really haven’t been a contender during a hs seniors whole career.

How many here defended Tubby so vigorously at the end of his tenure because of his whole body of work? Not very many.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
So Barnes can suck for 28 years and then 2 decent years makes him brand new? Don’t forget he didn’t even make the Sweet 16 as a 3 seed last year.

Tennessee is good. Barnes has the same team he had last year. That doesn’t mean the man needs to be coaching at Kentucky. I’ll go with his 30 year resume. It’s always the same people spewing this garbage.

That ass has never liked Cal and he’s come out of the wood work since Cal is struggle a bit , just ignore the dumb ass !
Oh trust me, I’ve seen his work. I just enjoy watching someone try to rationalize wanting a coach who sucked for 27/28 years before reinventing himself as a coaching master to lose to an 11 seed as a 3 seed. All the while downing Cal over a less than stellar season or two. It’s comedy.

I didn't know we got a vote. Or, is this you Mitch?

Tennessee is good. Barnes has the same team he had last year. That doesn’t mean the man needs to be coaching at Kentucky. I’ll go with his 30 year resume. It’s always the same people spewing this garbage.
Tennessee is the real deal this year but I’ve always said Barnes finds a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

We got Rick from the NY Knicks and Cal from memphis.......... but nah... we couldnt pull in any great coaches at all. No one wants to coach at UK ..

If its true that great coaches wouldnt want to coach here... fire barnhart.... because it would be they dont want to coach under a football first AD.

We got Rick from the NY Knicks and Cal from memphis.......... but nah... we couldnt pull in any great coaches at all. No one wants to coach at UK ..

If its true that great coaches wouldnt want to coach here... fire barnhart.... because it would be they dont want to coach under a football first AD.
Honest question. Who is a future coaching star that’s doing things radically different enough to outpace Cal & any other coach’s success rate? I’ve tried finding one and can’t.

Yes I’m picking the recent history. The last few years. That’s all that matters. Kids don’t care what happened before they were in high school. Therefore we are about to enter a time where we really haven’t been a contender during a hs seniors whole career.

How many here defended Tubby so vigorously at the end of his tenure because of his whole body of work? Not very many.

If that's your criteria then you'll never be satisfied. There is no coach in America that can sustain those kind of expectations. NONE!! That's just absurd Zay. I guess the 2012 title means nothing to you then? I'm not defending Cal in this post. I do believe that some changes need to be made and he may need to look in the mirror and do some serious self evaluation but your criteria for being successful is impossible to uphold. Zay, we disagree on ALOT of things and I think you are way too critical all the time but I'll never question your passion cause no matter how many people bash you for your opinions, you stick to your guns. With that said, you've got to be realistic and that's just nowhere near realistic. We will bounce back, we always do. Being a fan, of any school, is just a rollercoaster because it's impossible to be at the top every single year. All programs will have ups and downs, some school will be the "cool" program for a bit and then another school will be, and so on and so on. It's up to the coach to adjust and try to gain the top spot back. But you cant have such crazy expectations, to say only the last couple years matter and dismiss the rest. There is no coach or school that can sustain that kind of success, not even Puke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT