ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Few…

I would be ecstatic to get Few.

I don't believe he leaves Gonzaga. He's 61. He's been the HC at Gonzaga for 25 years. He's been on the staff for 35 years. He's been on that staff more than half his life.

Surely other schools have tried to lure him away. Feels like Gonzaga is his baby.

Few Lloyd and Hurley already have a national brand where they’re at like it or not. Should definitely ask them but wouldn’t be surprising they weren’t interested

Reactions: gharding07
Tommy Lloyd might be our best overall bet of a realistic coaching hire, who is very good, and not too old. He got Arizona to the Sweet16 and the Pac12 is crumbling. Arizona just lost its AD, they have financial problems. Kentucky might be very desirable for him.
His favorite band is the Beastie Boys. That might be disqualifying.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Hes going to have 9 straight sweet 16 appearances after today. I think. That's an insane run, he always has teams that are in it. I would welcome him!!

He's not a hard no for us, we're a hard no for him. He's never leaving Gonzaga. He's publicly stated one of the reasons is the fly fishing in Spokane. He absolutely loves that city and school and is never leaving, money or opportunity at other schools be damned.
I can accept an answer like that. You’re not one of those saying no one would want this job

You’d absolutely take few or Lloyd but I think both are happy where they’re at. Obviously same with Hurley. Nate Oats would be my first realistic call. If not him then Scott drew it is

Arizona and the Pac12 have some real problems, though. I'm not worried about Arizona as competition for us, because I believe Lloyd is leaving within 5 years regardless.. it's other schools who will go after him in that time.. which, could be like a Villanova, Indiana, heck even Scheyer isn't a sure thing.

Tommy Lloyd is going to wind up somewhere, he just needs to probably win another tournament game, maybe 2. He gets a Final4 though, and he will be gone from Arizona before you know it.

I can accept an answer like that. You’re not one of those saying no one would want this job
But I do think in 2024 with NIL it's not as attractive of a job now as it was in the '90s or even when Cal took it. We can certainly find a bigger name who wants it, but there are more people who wouldn't take it than people think. I think Drew is a lot iffier than people may think. But I would say the only names that are completely delusional are Few, Wright, Donovan (probably, maybe there's like a 1% chance), Stevens and Hurley.

Arizona and the Pac12 have some real problems, though. I'm not worried about Arizona as competition for us, because I believe Lloyd is leaving within 5 years regardless.. it's other schools who will go after him in that time.. which, could be like a Villanova, Indiana, heck even Scheyer isn't a sure thing.

Tommy Lloyd is going to wind up somewhere, he just needs to probably win another tournament game, maybe 2. He gets a Final4 though, and he will be gone from Arizona before you know it.
Arizona isn't some second rate job though. They have a fairly good basketball history and Lloyd is a west coast guy. Is there really a job outside the blue bloods that would be an upgrade? I think he stays there for a good while or until he's fired.

But I do think in 2024 with NIL it's not as attractive of a job now as it was in the '90s or even when Cal took it. We can certainly find a bigger name who wants it, but there are more people who wouldn't take it than people think. I think Drew is a lot iffier than people may think. But I would say the only names that are completely delusional are Few, Wright, Donovan (probably, maybe there's like a 1% chance), Stevens and Hurley.
Idk about that. From what I read we have a really god set up with NIL. I’m hoping Donovan wants out of Chicago. I’d love to have Brad Stevens but he’s got it made in Boston right now.

Arizona isn't some second rate job though. They have a fairly good basketball history and Lloyd is a west coast guy. Is there really a job outside the blue bloods that would be an upgrade? I think he stays there for a good while or until he's fired.

It is, but again, they are in financial trouble, there is athletic department problems, and the conference realignment is problematic for them. Just because Arizona was/is a great basketball program, doesn't mean there aren't external factors that might literally prevent them from continuing to do well.

Any of the people that talked shit about mark few has to be bat shit crazy. I mean wth is wrong with some of you all?

I think people don't give Few credit cause he's at Gonzaga. The whole crappy conference small school thing.

I give Mark Few MORE CREDIT for being able to have sustained success at a school like Gonzaga.

Forgive me, I currently have a Saturday buzz, but would Mark Few be on the short list? Would he leave Gonzaga for Kentucky? His buyout details? Thanks in advance
#FireCal
Great guy and great coach, but he appears to be the type that can't hardly live or function east of the Rocky Mountains.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT