ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Few…

Few has openly talked about how much he enjoys the low pressure of Gonzaga and being able to fully enjoy the offseason w hobbies….idk that he’s a personality fit for this high stakes game of poker.

That said, he would instantly be the media darling, refs like him, NCAA likes him, and most the high ups on the CBB world want to see him win a title. Those things would maybe cancel some of the anti-Kentucky disdain from a few of those organizations and wash the bad taste CalUK association from those groups mouths as well.

We have people saying no to Few because of a DUI, but would take a woman beater, a coach who has his players involved in murder then says nothing when the other players make a joke about it during the game, and a known coaching slimeball. Color me confused.

Thousand years at Gonzaga, recent DUI - going to say no. Tommy Lloyd would be the analog for Few.

Tommy Lloyd might be our best overall bet of a realistic coaching hire, who is very good, and not too old. He got Arizona to the Sweet16 and the Pac12 is crumbling. Arizona just lost its AD, they have financial problems. Kentucky might be very desirable for him.

We have people saying no to Few because of a DUI, but would take a woman beater, a coach who has his players involved in murder then says nothing when the other players make a joke about it during the game, and a known coaching slimeball. Color me conconfused.
Yup. It's weird for sure.

Reactions: Spica Orbit
You’d absolutely take few or Lloyd but I think both are happy where they’re at. Obviously same with Hurley. Nate Oats would be my first realistic call. If not him then Scott drew it is

Reactions: SophiesDad
Tommy Lloyd might be our best overall bet of a realistic coaching hire, who is very good, and not too old. He got Arizona to the Sweet16 and the Pac12 is crumbling. Arizona just lost its AD, they have financial problems. Kentucky might be very desirable for him.
Good points

All due respect to Lloyd and Drew but you ideally want someone who’s proven they can win in the league that’s why I say Nate Oats or even Musselman. You can’t deny their hunger and enthusiasm

Where does mark few have a better shot at winning a national title, Gonzaga or Kentucky?? Come on people don’t let the Italian bullshitter make you all think people can’t win here. That’s crazy

Reactions: KTBFFH92
Forgive me, I currently have a Saturday buzz, but would Mark Few be on the short list? Would he leave Gonzaga for Kentucky? His buyout details? Thanks in advance
#FireCal
Mark Few is never leaving Gonzaga, he loves it there. He's publicly stated one of the reasons he loves Spokane so much is the fly fishing. He's Exhibit A for showing money isn't everything and sometimes coaches find their perfect school. That's his, just like Villanova was Jay Wright's and UConn is most likely Hurley's.

Reactions: Cats192
The guy wins 30 games a year , just schooled us in our house , and everyone is a hard No .. I dont get it
He's not a hard no for us, we're a hard no for him. He's never leaving Gonzaga. He's publicly stated one of the reasons is the fly fishing in Spokane. He absolutely loves that city and school and is never leaving, money or opportunity at other schools be damned.

Reactions: Cats192
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT