ADVERTISEMENT

Make Donovan the priority…here’s why.

Jan 29, 2022
Donovan is an ultimate pro. He’s coached at the highest level. Billy is relatively young. He can attract top assistants. He has experience in college and professional basketball. He knows Kentucky’s culture. He was a very good recruiter.
The portal will close, but the players in the portal can stay in the portal. Billy always ran a clean program. There are tons of good players in the portal, so Donovan can still get good players. I think The Shepard’s will trust Billy with their son if he doesn’t go into the draft.
Basketball coaches with Donovan’s experience and pedigree is rare. UK has a whole NIL department, and can get Billy up to speed.
Billy Donovan is the perfect choice to lead our program

Reactions: Kentuckyfansforever
Donovan has already spurned UK twice. He is a Pitino lover so in my mind I can see Donovan playing UK along for the next week or two only to drag things out as long as possible only to say no.
If Donovan can’t tell UK he is on board now then I say tell him to go pound sand and move on to the next coaching candidate

Donovan has already spurned UK twice. He is a Pitino lover so in my mind I can see Donovan playing UK along for the next week or two only to drag things out as long as possible only to say no.
If Donovan can’t tell UK he is on board now then I say tell him to go pound sand and move on to the next coaching candidate
He gave us a yes before we hired Billy. Had a change of heart due to his family (which is why he stayed in Florida with the Magic).

I don't know why people are so focused on this next year narrative when:
  1. There is still time to get players in the portal.
  2. This is a decision that we have to stick with for 4-5 years. Lets make it the right guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT