ADVERTISEMENT

LSU at Kentucky (1)

Hudepohl now in to pitch. UK may be throwing in the towel in some ways.

Some home cooking on that being called a base hit for Church, but it's a base runner to lead it off either way.

Back to back balls go off the glove of an LSU Tiger. Both go as base hits for UK.

Collett's walks around the back of the umpire crack me up. He had a solid at bat but he watches strike 3. Looks like an inside pitch and TJ was very upset with that strike call. Can't blame him.

UK gets on the board and Rhodes singles through the left side. A good base running job by Church there.

1-9 with 1 out.

Kessler puts a good bat on it, but the LSU short grabs the dying quail for the second out. That's a ball that could be a hit if it is just a bit further to the left.

Schultz doing a ton of dancing at 2nd and LSU pitcher is pretty unfazed by it.

Anu strikes out swinging.

1-9 going to the 7th.

Back to back to back hits to Ritter and he turns them all to outs. Good quick inning by Hudepohl.

Would like to see Huddy in the midweek starting role.

Harmon hitting here is an absolute joke. It's so obvious that this poor guy is just out of his element. He does actually hit the ball, somewhat weakly down the line to third and it goes for out 1.

Estep strikes out looking.

Ritter pokes one into the opposite field and it's a home run. 2-9.

Church strikes out.

Going to the 8th... 2-9

Hudepohl doing well except for the one HR. Another quiet inning for LSU.

2-9 going to the bottom of 8th.

Let's see if UK makes any changes here.

Schultz gets a single on an infield hit. His speed is great. Collett gets the LSU pitcher to 100 and then grounds into a fielder's choice. That was a double play that LSU rushed and threw into the dugout.

New pitcher for LSU, Collett at 2nd.

That umpire must also call little league around Lexington. Some of the pitches are ridiculously inside.

Again, I want to see what UK does here with pinch hitting. If I'm a bench player for UK and we're down 7 in the 8th and I don't get a chance to hit, I'm going to be pretty mad. So far, UK has made no changes.

Rhodes up, he walks.

Kessler now up. Mad at the first strike call. It was way inside. He strikes out looking at another inside pitch. He's mad about it.

Anu up. He waves at all 3 pitches and strikes out.

Ramsey can't throw a strike unless it is right over the middle waist high.

Ramsey now in to pitch. He gives up a leadoff single up the middle. Ramsey has a bad habit of grooving pitches down main street.

He grooved another and Anu played it as ugly as possible, but he caught it. Lol he is bad out there, but I guess it's the same result.

So many times... holy crap... so many times Ramsey gets 2 strikes and he stupidly puts one middle/middle. This one is an error on Ritter on a shin high line drive that he took his eye off.

Wild pitch moves everyone up. Hit a batter to load the bases with 1 out.

Sad game for Kentucky. I am not sure Ramsey can get out of this inning, even giving up tons of runs.

Hit into the shift and Estep can't handle it and it scores 2 more. 2-11.

Ramsey has talent and some of this is bad luck, but a lot of it is his own failure to hit the black and instead paints the middle.

3-0 pitch and LSU gave the green light on another main street fastball and its another run. 2-12.

Wild pitch advances them to 2nd and 3rd.

He hit another batter. Dear lord.

2 wild pitches. Two hit batters. 3 runs in. Bases loaded with still just one out. Good freaking grief.

Harmon hits again... they should fire Mingione for that alone. He swings and misses looking as lost as possible. I mean... dear freaking lord!

Estep with a double for UK.

Wow. Left field is funky tonight. Ritter puts a charge into one but it stays in. I would have sworn that off the bat that it was gone.

Church pops up to left and LSU wins the game 2-15.

I'm highly annoyed that UK doesn't have anyone else hit in the 8th or 9th. Down by a million, its a good time to try to get others seeing the ball and some at bats and UK just goes with it.

I was there, here are the positives:

It was a beautiful night

They opened the gates in the 5th and had a really nice crowd.

UK's uniforms looked sharp.

That is all I got. I was smart enough to leave after 8, so I missed the shooting of the wounded in the 9th.

Count me in the crowd that Mingione should have cleared his bench and let some reserves hit in the 9th, was a loss anyway, a little PT goes a long way to encourage the kids on the bench.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
I was there, here are the positives:

It was a beautiful night

They opened the gates in the 5th and had a really nice crowd.

UK's uniforms looked sharp.

That is all I got. I was smart enough to leave after 8, so I missed the shooting of the wounded in the 9th.

Count me in the crowd that Mingione should have cleared his bench and let some reserves hit in the 9th, was a loss anyway, a little PT goes a long way to encourage the kids on the bench.
That's legitimately the type of thing that will kill a clubhouse. Harmon, for instance, is hitless in the game and has looked absolutely lost at the plate. Rather than take him down for Shelby or Hill or Plastiak or Lewis or Grace or the bat boy, they send him out again to get out again.

It wouldn't win you the game, but it helps keep players happier.

I really don’t want to continue beating a dead horse. and I hate criticizing college baseball players being a 37 year old dude that’s no longer in playing shape. But can we please stop trying to fit Anu in left field? He’s such a liability out there. And what do you get with him in the lineup? I’m having a hard time seeing anything. But that could be said about 5 or 6 guys in the lineup. Tonight was an absolute embarrassment. Luckily there’s always tomorrow.

That's legitimately the type of thing that will kill a clubhouse. Harmon, for instance, is hitless in the game and has looked absolutely lost at the plate. Rather than take him down for Shelby or Hill or Plastiak or Lewis or Grace or the bat boy, they send him out again to get out again.

It wouldn't win you the game, but it helps keep players happier.
I was there also and Harmon wasn’t the only hitter lost tonight. It was evident to me there is just a decent talent gap between us and LSU. I was looking at their hitters stats and they multiple guys with 5 plus homers. I think they hit 3 tonight. On the positive side, we did have a pretty funny heckler working LSU all night.

I really don’t want to continue beating a dead horse. and I hate criticizing college baseball players being a 37 year old dude that’s no longer in playing shape. But can we please stop trying to fit Anu in left field? He’s such a liability out there. And what do you get with him in the lineup? I’m having a hard time seeing anything. But that could be said about 5 or 6 guys in the lineup. Tonight was an absolute embarrassment. Luckily there’s always tomorrow.

Anu in the lineup is not a problem to me. He hits ok. Can do better, but still ok. Defensively... he has no business being out there. He hasn't made an error yet and props to him for that, but he also makes the routine plays look hard and makes the hard plays look impossible.

To have an entire outfield of guys that aren't outfielders. That's risky and the offense we're getting in exchange isn't worth it.

I, like you, dont want to hate on the kid, but Harmon just doesn't have it against this level of pitching right now. You have experienced guys that can and will do better than him and yet he's still marched out there. Church too has struggled against league pitching and we keep running him out there. Moving him means we could put people in better defensive positions and yet we refuse to do it.

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
I was there also and Harmon wasn’t the only hitter lost tonight. It was evident to me there is just a decent talent gap between us and LSU. I was looking at their hitters stats and they multiple guys with 5 plus homers. I think they hit 3 tonight. On the positive side, we did have a pretty funny heckler working LSU all night.

LSU is like third in the nation in home runs. That is the offense we wish we had. We have a stable of these monster sized dudes while LSU has a bunch of skinny guys. Yet they hit home runs for days and we cant score.

LSU is like third in the nation in home runs. That is the offense we wish we had. We have a stable of these monster sized dudes while LSU has a bunch of skinny guys. Yet they hit home runs for days and we cant score.
You’re right about that. Our guys are bigger but their guys are more talented. That Crews kid that hits second flat out killed the ball all night. Of course LSU had the 2nd rated recruiting class last year if I’m not mistaken.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT