ADVERTISEMENT

Love what Pope is doing, but don't we need some forwards?

Osobor averaged 0.267 rebounds per minute last season.

Amari Williams averaged 0.32 rebounds per minute two years ago and 0.34 rebounds last season.

Minute for minute, Williams is actually a better rebounder than Osobor.

Give Williams the same minutes Osobor had last year, and Williams is averaging 11.5 rebounds per game. That's poor-man's Oscar range.
But they could have played together as Osobor is a 4 and Williams a 5. It's a big loss IMO.

Osobor averaged 0.267 rebounds per minute last season.

Amari Williams averaged 0.32 rebounds per minute two years ago and 0.34 rebounds last season.

Minute for minute, Williams is actually a better rebounder than Osobor.

Give Williams the same minutes Osobor had last year, and Williams is averaging 11.5 rebounds per game. That's poor-man's Oscar range.
Yeah he’s definitely an asset. We’ll wait and see how our offense develops, see how much we can use him with his scoring being a little behind the others. I’d say there should be plenty of opportunities.

Not at all. I was on board with the hire from the jump. As I said in another thread, nobody could have reasonably expected us to be Top 20, let alone contenders, given the situation. I think Pope's done far better than anyone thought he would. First time I have been pumped for the season to start in almost a decade.

Honestly think I got you mixed up with somebody else. My bad again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT