ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville TBT team

Louisville losing? In other news... Batman catches the Joker again.
Heath was the Best IMO...
giphy.gif

By far, Phoenix was alright, but ledger was the goat
Minus Jared Leto, the live-action Jokers have been better than the live-action Batman performances. Don’t get me wrong, I like Keaton, Bale, Affleck, and Pattinson, but it's hard to beat Nicholson, Ledger, and Phoenix. I'm interested to see what Barry Keoghan does with the character. The kid's got some big shoes to fill.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Minus Jared Leto, the live-action Jokers have been better than the live-action Batman performances. Don’t get me wrong, I like Keaton, Bale, Affleck, and Pattinson, but it's hard to beat Nicholson, Ledger, and Phoenix. I'm interested to see what Barry Keoghan does with the character. The kid's got some big shoes to fill.
The one with Pattinson was a lot better than I though it would be, but the dark knight with bale and ledger is one of best movies of all time

Yep. The only ppl that liked the Leto version were girls that thought he was hot.

Now I’ll give it that the role was so small that it was hard to get a feel for the actual character and maybe a full movie there would have been more character development but I thought it was pretty weak and they made him out to be an Italian mob boss more than the joker

This is the only U of L game I have seen at the YUM Center and I got this. This was about as crushing a loss as I have ever seen. It was hard not laughing and getting my butt kicked but boy, once we got back to the car it was funny.
This was beautiful thanks for posting. I couldn’t really remember what happened and as I kept watching I just couldn’t conjure up how they could possibly lose. Baseline violation on the inbounds——chef’s kiss! Lol

Yep. The only ppl that liked the Leto version were girls that thought he was hot.

Now I’ll give it that the role was so small that it was hard to get a feel for the actual character and maybe a full movie there would have been more character development but I thought it was pretty weak and they made him out to be an Italian mob boss more than the joker

Ledger is the best Joker for live action. For sure.

But Mark Hamill is THE Joker period. My goodness. He gave that character a voice that is STILL influencing how Joker is played. BTAS was a masterpiece of a cartoon.

Last edited:

There were a lot of the Joker scenes cut from the movie. Apparently Leto's method acting to get into character was a little extreme.

Ledger is the best Joker for live action. For sure.

But Mark Hamill is THE Joker period. My goodness. He gave that character a voice that is STILL including how Joker is played. BTAS was a masterpiece of a cartoon.
Hard to argue with that. Did you ever hear Tim Curry's version? Yikes

Hard to argue with that. Did you ever hear Tim Curry's version? Yikes
Yes. just Not good. Hamill treated the characters voice like a musical instrument. And it just had so much soul. You could tell when he was sad, angry, goofy, etc without even watching. Which is what good VA should do. I miss Kevin Conroy. He is always Batman’s voice to me. Even when I read the comics. It’s those two I hear.

Yes. just Not good. Hamill treated the characters voice like a musical instrument. And it just had so much soul. You could tell when he was sad, angry, goofy, etc without even watching. Which is what good VA should do. I miss Kevin Conroy. He is always Batman’s voice to me. Even when I read the comics. It’s those two I hear.
I think Timm and Dini probably typecast Curry. The guy was only two years removed from playing another killer clown.

Minus their version of Azrael and some of the Red Hood storyline, I think those Arkham games present the definitive Batman. JMO
Those first two were quintessential Batman. The third was ok, but I hated the ending. It copied too much from Nolan for my taste (and I wasn't wild about the ending to his Dark Knight returns.) Again, same issue. First two films were great.

Reactions: Zissou87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT