ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Fans Think SEC WIll Add them

oh-wait-youre-serious.gif

They always put up 50 points but couldn’t stop a good high school offense. I would of like to have kyler Murray or baker mayfield though
Oh for sure. You put a good or even decent defense with that offense and they could make some noise. Wasn’t Venables or whatever a D coordinator or did I make that up? Lol

Oh for sure. You put a good or even decent defense with that offense and they could make some noise. Wasn’t Venables or whatever a D coordinator or did I make that up? Lol
I think he was, but that gets into the problem with college football. Alabama Ohio st Clemson and some random team will make the playoffs. Maybe that fourth team is Georgia now. But when saban loses a title he usually comes back and his teams dominate

Reactions: SosaUK87
I think he was, but that gets into the problem with college football. Alabama Ohio st Clemson and some random team will make the playoffs. Maybe that fourth team is Georgia now. But when saban loses a title he usually comes back and his teams dominate
Yup. Yes they do. Crazy how he does it every year.

There is 0 hance UofL gets in SEC, none. I got a friend that works in SEC office and we were talking about possible additions from ACC . When I mentioned U ofL he just started laughing.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Honestly the best possible thing would be to add little brother to the SEC and also add UNC but never Duke. The UNC-UK rivalry would expand in the spotlight.

Hold my nose to say it but if UL could become a power again, that would give us a more prominent high-level, in-state rivalry that over time could give us the same sort of seeding, whistle, and recruiting advantages Tobacco Road had for so long. Especially for us if we stayed on top of that triangle.

And it would diminish the prominence of the UNC-Duke rivalry, significantly helping Duke die in obscurity after K.

You may not like some of the moving parts. I don’t pretend to like them all either. But overall that’s exactly what anyone would want who really cares about UK’s preeminence would want. It’s the perfect scenario.

Here's why they wont and why my UL acquaintances shut up everytime I bring this up.

Independent Conference, Missouri Valley Conference, I-A Independent, Conference USA, Big East Conference, American Athletic Conference, and the ACC. ( also believe they were in the Metro Conference 75-76)

Now they want to move again for the 7th time?

Reactions: J_Dee
Let them join up with the likes of UC Santa Barbara, Idaho, Anchorage, IUPUI, Prairie View, Indiana and Notre Dame. Call it the DGAF Conference.

Reactions: Chase4UK
What are they smoking?SEC already has the Louisville market wrapped up with UK
There is no logical reason to pursue a bottom feeder like Uavel
Your thoughts?
That’s never going to happen. What would UL bring to the table?

What are they smoking?SEC already has the Louisville market wrapped up with UK
There is no logical reason to pursue a bottom feeder like Uavel
Your thoughts?
Not sure market argument will hold water here b/c the Durham, Raliegh and Chapel Hill markets support those three major ACC schools. My problem with UofL is that I have an organic distain for that crap school that comes with a thin film of greasy dirt and grime that can't be washed off. For that reason, I wouldn't want to see them in the storied SEC. Louisville has always been on the outside looking in and there's a good reason for it.

Venables was an assistant at Oklahoma before coming to Clemson. Dude was a hell of a defensive coordinator for Clemson. Hated to see him go but he earned that Oklahoma job and good for him.
I know. No coincidence Clemson fell off a bit right after. Although a drop was bound to happen at some point. Clemson ain’t Bama and they don’t have Saban.

I know. No coincidence Clemson fell off a bit right after. Although a drop was bound to happen at some point. Clemson ain’t Bama and they don’t have Saban.
How did Clemson fall off a bit with Venables just leaving? They haven't played a game yet.

I have a friend that teaches at U of L and he just laughed when I brought this up. Actually, he is trying to find another teaching job to leave Louisville, because he is embarrassed to say he teaches there. He said that in NO WAY will they get into the SEC. He also said the place is a wreck, is TOTALLY a mess and they put out info like this sometimes just to see if something could come of it. He is definitely miserable there. By the way,he is not from Louisville.

waitaminute ...

Why would Louisville fans want to come to the SEC? I thought the SEC was beneath them, that they would NEVER want to be associated with ANYTHING the poor, little, old SEC could offer???

I thought they laughed at the SEC, and Kentucky along with it?

Why would they want to throw their lot in with a proven bunch of cheaters and fakes? They went to the squeaky clean ACC! Why would they EVER think of leaving the ACC, now that they "finally made it to the East side?" I thought Louisville fans were so far above the disgusting SEC that the very thought of the SEC made them laugh and throw up simultaneously.

I'm shocked. Surely this is a mistake.

Of all the bad things that have been said over the entire history of Louisville Athletics about the SEC by their fans, why OH WHY, would the thought of joining the SEC be something they would ever admit to wanting? I thought they would rather committ collective suicide than be a member of the evil, dastardly SEC??

Someone get Zipp on the line. We need some clarification.

Reactions: pappy52
I remember during their football 'glory' days under Bobby P. they estimated they'd win the SEC every two years or so.

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT