ADVERTISEMENT

Loudest Rupp Arena moments

Melvin feeding Dirk for that insane elevated Slam. I was sitting at half court in the student section as I watched a couple of guys I had known since we were about 15 pull that off. It was Thunderous.

RIP Melvin.

The one moment I remember as being the loudest that no one else has mentioned is when Rick Pitino came back to Rupp as the UofL coach the first time since leaving UK. During the game Rick received a Technical Foul then Rondo mouthed back at him to shut up and the roof came off!!!

I was in Rupp for the Swoop Jenkins tap in, the Shaq game in 90, the KU return game in 91 the year after they rolled us by 60 and the 2003 UF game, but the loudest SINGLE MOMENT was the Rick T.

Dirk to Bowie

Cant remember the exact year but those who were there at the UK/LSU game in 80/81 I think will tell you that atmosphere has never been touched since at a game at Rupp. If it wasnt the loudest single moment, it was for sure the loudest sustained energy and excitement at any game at Rupp ever. I was at that one and many of the others listed above but this one was the capper. It was electric from the introdcutions and nobody sat down the entire game lower or upper arena.
That game is hands down the loudest Rupp game ever. The energy and noise was insane from warm-ups to the final buzzer.

Reactions: Soupbean
I'm 99% sure I attended every game with the UK logo at center court with the exception of the recent Alabama game and the Prince 3's game. I was at the Prince hook for the win game however.

The loudest I heard was the absolute routing of Florida, the Davis block in the UNC game and the Calathes free throws. I think the most sustained loudness was the Florida route. The 2nd most was the Calathes free throws, the place was shaking. The single loudest outburst has to be the Davis block.

Although, I remember the steal and layup in the Florida shellacking when they stupidly tried to save the ball. That might rival the Davis block.

Reactions: LetDueceLoose97
Don’t forget when y’all set the Guinness world record against KU before the game that one time. That was pretty impressive. We have small penises though and had to take that title soon after.

That game is hands down the loudest Rupp game ever. The energy and noise was insane from warm-ups to the final buzzer.
Yeah we camped out in front of memorial to get student tickets. We were up against the wall in the last row of the lower arena and you couldnt talk to each other because you couldnt hear each other.

Reactions: ncaaky
Don’t forget when y’all set the Guinness world record against KU before the game that one time. That was pretty impressive. We have small penises though and had to take that title soon after.
It was pretty damn loud for about 10 seconds the last time Kentucky played in Kansas. 30 point deficits quiets the crowd pretty quickly.

Those Go Big Blue chants from the thousands of UK fans were pretty loud a lot of that game.

Don't know how this guy determined which ones were the loudest, but certainly fun to walk down memory lane.

That list is shaky as he!!. Too many florida games on it, for one thing. And the only time I can really remember us raising the roof against Auburn was when we beat Barkley in the 84 SEC tourney.

It was pretty damn loud for about 10 seconds the last time Kentucky played in Kansas. 30 point deficits quiets the crowd pretty quickly.

Those Go Big Blue chants from the thousands of UK fans were pretty loud a lot of that game.
We got you last, and won it all that year. Life is good.

Tayshaun nailing the 3's at the beginning of the UNC game, in particular the last one from the logo.
THIS! I was there and my buddy sitting beside me couldn't hear a word I was shouting at him. It was insane on that 5th three pointer.

UK vs Florida when Fitch hit a shot to bury them was loud as hell too!

I've heard (but not experienced) that Arkansas vs UK when Arkansas was near their national championship status was crazy too!

I'm 99% sure I attended every game with the UK logo at center court with the exception of the recent Alabama game and the Prince 3's game. I was at the Prince hook for the win game however.

The loudest I heard was the absolute routing of Florida, the Davis block in the UNC game and the Calathes free throws. I think the most sustained loudness was the Florida route. The 2nd most was the Calathes free throws, the place was shaking. The single loudest outburst has to be the Davis block.

Although, I remember the steal and layup in the Florida shellacking when they stupidly tried to save the ball. That might rival the Davis block.
This. I’ve been at almost all these. February 4, 2003. Others may be close decibel-wise, but not close by feel. This came up on related threads, btw. I know it’s old.

Reactions: wildcatcorner
The 2008 Florida game with BCG as coach, where Nick Calethes went to the charity stripe and missed 3 FTs in a row due to how loud Rupp was is the loudest for a game I've attended

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT