ADVERTISEMENT

Loudest Rupp Arena moments

revenge game against Kansas. 1991.

They beat us 150-89 or something like that the year before.

Closer game at Rupp but an awesome 20-0 run in the 2nd half just about blew the roof off.

Most will say Shaq/LSU game but the one i mentioned above gets my vote.

Reactions: catben and Fox2monk
Richard Madison scores on inbound play to beat top ranked Oklahomam. circa 1986.

I thought I heard the announcer (Shaq lsu game) say "O'Neal just committed his 6th foul"?

Did the SEC experiment w/ 6 fouls for a while, or did I just mis-hear?

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
Ive been going since the Eddie Sutton days, and the loudest ive heard it was when UK played UNC with Wall, Patterson, Cousins, Bledsoe.
The electricity in that arena before tipoff was wild. Its the only game ive been to where the place was rocking during warmups.

During a fast break, a lob was thrown for Patterson and the roar nearly took the roof off.

Loudest I’ve been to was in this order:

John Wall UNC game
AD UNC block
Prince 5 3’s

Crazy that all of those games were against UNC. I remember seeing people covering their ears in the John Wall UNC game. My voice was gone the next day. It was the most fun I’ve ever had at a sporting event and I’ve been to a lot of great games.

Cant remember the exact year but those who were there at the UK/LSU game in 80/81 I think will tell you that atmosphere has never been touched since at a game at Rupp. If it wasnt the loudest single moment, it was for sure the loudest sustained energy and excitement at any game at Rupp ever. I was at that one and many of the others listed above but this one was the capper. It was electric from the introdcutions and nobody sat down the entire game lower or upper arena.

Reactions: UK90
Cant remember the exact year but those who were there at the UK/LSU game in 80/81 I think will tell you that atmosphere has never been touched since at a game at Rupp. If it wasnt the loudest single moment, it was for sure the loudest sustained energy and excitement at any game at Rupp ever. I was at that one and many of the others listed above but this one was the capper. It was electric from the introdcutions and nobody sat down the entire game lower or upper arena.
Here’s the best moment from that game:

I was at quite a few of those games that have been listed. I remember Villanova with Tim Thomas. I was at that game as well. IT was crazy loud. They were favored and we beat them. Just got louder and louder.

Favorite sound was introductions with Jack Goose Givens. To hear 24k people go GOOOOOOOSE was still my favorite memory. I also loved the Tennessee game where Rex tried to dunk on the 7footer, Alan Houston last game in Rupp. LSU games with Hi-C Carter. Too many memories.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT