ADVERTISEMENT

Loserville Thinks They Could Be ACC Champions

As shitty as it is, they have a chance to go to the ACC title game, and not because they are any good. The ACC is garbage and they got Clemson taken off their schedule. You’ll be hard pressed to find a worse conference schedule than UL’s in the P5. If UK played that schedule we would be favored in every game except @ND.

Maybe their O-line and D-line just had their worst game of the year against us. Or perhaps Scott has recruited really really well in the trenches. If not, I just don’t see where the optimism is coming from.

Or perhaps Scott has recruited really really well in the trenches. If not, I just don’t see where the optimism is coming from.

It is always possible they’ve hit recruiting home runs without anyone knowing it, but their last two classes, combined, averaged about 63rd. They’ve gotten a few O-line bodies above 300 lbs. but their d-line recruits have averaged about 265 pounds. Several years of weight and other training could put on pounds, but I don’t see them doing much as Frosh.

Maybe some holes can be filled with transfers and Juco’s.

Their best O-lineman was drafted.

I’m not sure who their best D-lineman was in ‘19 . . . it’s hard to catch numbers or names with players laying on top of them.

I cannot find anything official that Clemson is OFF their schedule. Clemson is as close as many of the other schools and a regular on their schedule so it doesn't make sense?

Miami ran them off the field.
Notre Dame blew them out
FSU ran them in the 4th quarter... they now have a good coach
Va Tech is head and shoulders better
Pitt is a decent team

They beat Wake, BC, and UVA on 1 possession, last play of the game, finishes. They only beat NC State & Cuse decently...but those weren't blowouts.

They still have the worst defense in power 5 until they prove otherwise. no home crowd means their smoke & mirrors speed can't catch everyone off guard. With no crowd to distract...it's going to be about focus rather than hype...and the big dogs will thrive in that environment.

Miami, ND, FSU, & Pitt are all bigger & have speed that can match any of UofL's 2-3 fast guys. Run up the middle every play and burn clock...blitz them with that weak line....& now there's film of their offense.

They're easilty 6-4 with some good luck 7-3 & possible bad luck of 4-6. And if we play them I see them 6-5.

I cannot find anything official that Clemson is OFF their schedule. Clemson is as close as many of the other schools and a regular on their schedule so it doesn't make sense?
EeHskN5XgAU3qG_

... of what... ?

Champions of the players formerly incarcerated?

Champions of message board trolling?

Champions of hiding their UL memorabilia when they suck?

Reactions: daveroh
As shitty as it is, they have a chance to go to the ACC title game, and not because they are any good. The ACC is garbage and they got Clemson taken off their schedule. You’ll be hard pressed to find a worse conference schedule than UL’s in the P5. If UK played that schedule we would be favored in every game except @ND.

I still think there is very low chance of that happening. Miami, VT, and FSU will give them all they want. NCST avoids both Clem and ND. ND will beat them in South bend. Pitt will beat them in pittsburgh. Throw in an unexpected L to Cuse or BC or UVA

Miami ran them off the field.
Notre Dame blew them out
FSU ran them in the 4th quarter... they now have a good coach
Va Tech is head and shoulders better
Pitt is a decent team

They beat Wake, BC, and UVA on 1 possession, last play of the game, finishes. They only beat NC State & Cuse decently...but those weren't blowouts.

They still have the worst defense in power 5 until they prove otherwise. no home crowd means their smoke & mirrors speed can't catch everyone off guard. With no crowd to distract...it's going to be about focus rather than hype...and the big dogs will thrive in that environment.

Miami, ND, FSU, & Pitt are all bigger & have speed that can match any of UofL's 2-3 fast guys. Run up the middle every play and burn clock...blitz them with that weak line....& now there's film of their offense.

They're easilty 6-4 with some good luck 7-3 & possible bad luck of 4-6. And if we play them I see them 6-5.

THIS. can't argue with any of it. Good post.

It's fun to talk about and read, but no one will be playing college fb for a whole season. Enjoy what you do get to see while you can

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
it looks like the acc wants a clemson unc championship game
it also looks like they do not want nd in the championship game

Reactions: WildcatStu1
Of the opponents they play again in 2020 that they played in 2019..

They went 4-4 against the teams they're playing again this year(assuming UK is on the schedule). They lost Clemson, NC State, EKU, and WKU on the schedule ...went 3-1 in those games.

They'll add a very good Va Tech team they'll be a big underdog against, plus a respectable Pitt team.

The only team they play again they beat somewhat convincingly iss NC State.

They were a fun story and won some clutch games...but now there's film and they still have the same deficiencies. Cats by 30.

Cards 6-5

Well GOD bless them. Only way I see them doing that is if everyone on their schedule FORFEITS the game against them and they go undefeated.

It must really be a pathetic conference when you see some of those schedules.

The Coastal should be much improved. It still won't be on the same level as the SEC east with UGA and UF, but if you look: North Carolina, Miami, VaTech and Pitt...UVA. GaTech is in a rebuild, but they're recruiting better. Duke is really the only easy out and Cutcliffe isn't a bad coach.

The Atlantic, yeah, you get Clemson, and FSU like Miami, has a lot of talent, then Louisville, but WF, BC, Syracuse and NC State are in the bottom half of the league. It's more top heavy.

UL has top flight skill people at RB and WR. I think their QB could become one of the more challenging QBs in the ACC to defend. I just don’t know if they have P5 talent across the board in the trenches and I still wonder what holes are exposed on the defense beyond the line. Maybe @WildCard can give us his take, if he has not already and I missed it.

Their HC is creative. I think they won a game or two last year they probably should have lost. I would hope the goal would be to win the ACC. I just am not sure it is objectively realistic. The talent can keep them competitive, but probably not to overcome the best of the ACC.

The issue they may have is that they may lose a lot after this year and may find themselves in a bit of another rebuild.

UL has top flight skill people at RB and WR. I think their QB could become one of the more challenging QBs in the ACC to defend. I just don’t know if they have P5 talent across the board in the trenches and I still wonder what holes are exposed on the defense beyond the line. Maybe @WildCard can give us his take, if he has not already and I missed it.

Their HC is creative. I think they won a game or two last year they probably should have lost. I would hope the goal would be to win the ACC. I just am not sure it is objectively realistic. The talent can keep them competitive, but probably not to overcome the best of the ACC.

The issue they may have is that they may lose a lot after this year and may find themselves in a bit of another rebuild.
With the new schedule Louisville is picked to finish 5th in the ACC behind Clemson, ND, North Carolina and Miami. We play two of those during the season. To even think about winning the ACC the defense is going to need to make some major strides. I would say Louisville finishes anywhere from 3rd-6th in the ACC.

With the new schedule Louisville is picked to finish 5th in the ACC behind Clemson, ND, North Carolina and Miami. We play two of those during the season. To even think about winning the ACC the defense is going to need to make some major strides. I would say Louisville finishes anywhere from 3rd-6th in the ACC.

I actually think that’s a fair projection for Louisville. Could see them jumping those bums from Miami, because D’Eriq King really isn’t what people think he is. Louisville will be solid, it just depends on QB and line play

I actually think that’s a fair projection for Louisville. Could see them jumping those bums from Miami, because D’Eriq King really isn’t what people think he is. Louisville will be solid, it just depends on QB and line play
If you watched UofL Miami last year...you'll know why that won't happen. Louisville can outrun some teams...but Miami is faster and that negates that advantage...then the size and talent takes over.

If you watched UofL Miami last year...you'll know why that won't happen. Louisville can outrun some teams...but Miami is faster and that negates that advantage...then the size and talent takes over.

I watched that game. Personally thought it was a fluke. Jarren Williams actually played good that game

I agree Miami's defense figures to be really good and they got a transfer QB that could fix their offensive issues. Phil Steel has them rated #12.

UofL reminds me of some of Hal Mumme's Kentucky teams, they've got some really good skill players but they don't have the dogs up front to make things happen.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT