ADVERTISEMENT

Looks Like uavel baseball Coach Following Cholly Strong

Liar. You made your initial post about how much you love the ACC on Rupp's Rafters. I've never been on the baseball board. I think steroids have affected your brain. Please tell me how much you love the pitiful ACC.

I am going to explain this to you, because I legitimately don't think you're smart enough to understand it on your own...

This post was originally placed, by 2Adulterers on Rupps Rafters. You saw it there and replied. Sometime after you first posted at 3:23 PM yesterday and before I posted at 5:30 PM yesterday, the post was moved to the BASEBALL board where it remains still. You have seen the little red icon pop up in the right hand corner and you've clicked on it to see new posts not even realizing that it is taking you to the baseball board. So, yes, technically, you have been to the baseball board.

Now... do us all a favor and grow up some before you post again.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Hmm, you have a lot of posts and comparatively not many likes. I can see why. Rupps Rafters is always generally a pissing match because of posters like you. My original post wasn't directed at you and was none of your business, but you had to respond. Out of toilet paper? Those corn cobs can be rough.
OK, jerk... I've seen enough of your post to know you must have two id's and spend your time liking your own posts. I've been on a long time before the likes ever came about most of the people posting in this thread have also. I've seen absolutely nothing in your posts here that make them worth seeing so you get an ignore from me as soon as I finish typing this. Grow up.

OK, jerk... I've seen enough of your post to know you must have two id's and spend your time liking your own posts. I've been on a long time before the likes ever came about most of the people posting in this thread have also. I've seen absolutely nothing in your posts here that make them worth seeing so you get an ignore from me as soon as I finish typing this. Grow up.
Based on the last few posts that I've been able to see I am confident I made good use of the ignore button. :sunglasses:

I don't know why you had to stick your nose in this, but your buddy was telling everyone on the basketball board how good the ACC was in baseball. All I did was question why that was being posted on a UK board and then he became defensive and started to twist my post into an attack on baseball. Don't we get enough ACC hype from tv? I get sick of hearing it after a while. If that makes me a jerk, then so be it.

Op is simply ate up with UofL. It's literally all he posts about. He comes off as a lot of UofL fans that we all like to make fun of - as in he would rather UofL lose than UK win. Pretty embarrassing, really. Rent free.
don't like it don't read it Bozo

I never thought Dan was going to Texas, Sure they have $$ to spend as they please but a place like that they expect championships every season. He is more of a lid back Midwest guy. Pressure similar to UK basketball.
Even before his new contract he was paid very well, he plays in one of the top 2 conferences at a competitive level and had a great new stadium to play in. While UL has yet to win a championship the fact that they have been a national seed the last 2 years shows that he can be successful here.

As for the OP I am glad some of you pointed out that recently UL has won 5 in a row and is 6-2 in the last 8.
UK did go 2-0 in the 2014 regular season but lost in the regional that year to UL.

$1,000.000 per year for Dan! Where does UofL get this kind of money to pay a baseball coach?

That is a hell of a lot of money for a baseball coach, but I bet Texas was more than willing to offer him just as much, so Louisville had to up the ante. Well done by them for being able to keep him. Hopefully we can snag their pitching coach and maybe, just maybe, he is the real key to their success. Then the hilarious thing might be that UL is left with a 10 year contract on a coach who was mostly successful due to his pitching coach.

Ahh... I can dream.

Who cares? College baseball is more boring than MLB baseball. Baseball is a dying sport, the only thing keeping it alive is TV money. Baseball is a slow moving Victorian sport that made it's mark in the USA when there was nothing else to do.

Baseball is actually gaining tons of popularity back since the growing perception that football is too dangerous long term. I can't tell you how many kids are focusing on baseball over other sports today. Here in Memphis we held tryouts and had cuts for the first time in school history at my high school. Just too many coming out.

Usually these types of post are thrown around by an anti baseball crowd. Baseball is a great sport and has an element of awesomeness no other sport offers. Usually people that bash it as dying (complete lie) are the ones who were simply, well, scared of the ball and didn't want to play. Downplaying the sport you don't understand and probably just sucked at.

Admit it.

Baseball is actually gaining tons of popularity back since the growing perception that football is too dangerous long term. I can't tell you how many kids are focusing on baseball over other sports today. Here in Memphis we held tryouts and had cuts for the first time in school history at my high school. Just too many coming out.

Usually these types of post are thrown around by an anti baseball crowd. Baseball is a great sport and has an element of awesomeness no other sport offers. Usually people that bash it as dying (complete lie) are the ones who were simply, well, scared of the ball and didn't want to play. Downplaying the sport you don't understand and probably just sucked at.

Admit it.
[banana][banana]:boxing::boxing::cool2:[roll]:flush::baseball::baseball:...this

Reactions: parrott and .S&C.
Stupid thread by Grover.

McDonnell, along with Walz is one the very few coaches at UL with any integrity. Talented guy and that program is mIles ahead of ours.

There is enough sleaze to talk about on Floyd street but their baseball coach is sure not part of it. Wish like he'll UK had him.

Stupid thread by Grover.

McDonnell, along with Walz is one the very few coaches at UL with any integrity. Talented guy and that program is mIles ahead of ours.

There is enough sleaze to talk about on Floyd street but their baseball coach is sure not part of it. Wish like he'll UK had him.
Well said Bob. My kids HS, in Lexington, has sent several kids to play for UofL the last few years. Our HS coach speaks very highly of McDonnell as a coach and a quality person.

Admit it.
Baseball use to be a fine sport. To enjoy it now you have to be able to overlook a lot. Steroids,strikes,drama queen players that get upset over the flip of a bat, mercenaries playing for the highest bidder, teams with the most money usually dominate, cry baby players that sit out for weeks with a bruised thumb, one at bat can take up to 5 minutes with all the nut and batting glove adjusting, and and to top it all off, seasons are decided more by agents than play on the field.
I realize it's different in high school and college, but there is a reason the only time it gets attention is during the tournament. Boring.

Baseball use to be a fine sport. To enjoy it now you have to be able to overlook a lot. Steroids,strikes,drama queen players that get upset over the flip of a bat, mercenaries playing for the highest bidder, teams with the most money usually dominate, cry baby players that sit out for weeks with a bruised thumb, one at bat can take up to 5 minutes with all the nut and batting glove adjusting, and and to top it all off, seasons are decided more by agents than play on the field.
I realize it's different in high school and college, but there is a reason the only time it gets attention is during the tournament. Boring.

You ever tried to throw a baseball or swing a bat with a broken thumb? Give it a try. And golf is worse with injuries. One little tweak in the back out for months and months. So you don't get to enjoy that sport either.

If you think football doesn't have steroids you're dreaming. It's just been covered up for decades. Baseball actually attacked the issue. If you don't like drama then I guess you hate basketball. Ever seen the drama surrounding college basketball recruiting? Yuk. Guess the NBA and basketball leagues are out of the question for you to.mercenaries for the highest bidder? Ever watched any pro sport?

So basically you don't like sports. Have you tried chess?

$1,000.000 per year for Dan! Where does UofL get this kind of money to pay a baseball coach?
......and they require the fans to return foul balls unless a booster stepped up to "sponsor" the balls for that game. So they can afford to pay their coach 1mil but can't afford a couple dozen foul balls a game??

......and they require the fans to return foul balls unless a booster stepped up to "sponsor" the balls for that game. So they can afford to pay their coach 1mil but can't afford a couple dozen foul balls a game??
I have been to many UofL baseball games with my son and not one time have they ever asked him to return a foul ball. I'm not sure where you are getting this info.

Reactions: Sultan__of__Swine
I have been to many UofL baseball games with my son and not one time have they ever asked him to return a foul ball. I'm not sure where you are getting this info.
Did you go to the UK-UL game this year? They made the announcement right before the game. When they did, I looked at my UL friend next to me who goes to lots of games and he said that yes, it was something they started doing this year and no one knew why. But if you were at the game this year, then you were either late or weren't paying attention. It was just a few minutes prior to the first pitch. 100% dead serious!!

You ever tried to throw a baseball or swing a bat with a broken thumb? Give it a try. And golf is worse with injuries. One little tweak in the back out for months and months. So you don't get to enjoy that sport either.

If you think football doesn't have steroids you're dreaming. It's just been covered up for decades. Baseball actually attacked the issue. If you don't like drama then I guess you hate basketball. Ever seen the drama surrounding college basketball recruiting? Yuk. Guess the NBA and basketball leagues are out of the question for you to.mercenaries for the highest bidder? Ever watched any pro sport?

So basically you don't like sports. Have you tried chess?
You never really addressed anything I said except to say that other sports are like that too, which is wrong. Baseball's biggest problem is too many meaningless boring games.
You can't deny that baseball is dying in the USA. You say interest is up, but then why are 30% of MLB players from Latin America and Japan?The best athletes are playing basketball and football.

You never really addressed anything I said except to say that other sports are like that too, which is wrong. Baseball's biggest problem is too many meaningless boring games.
You can't deny that baseball is dying in the USA. You say interest is up, but then why are 30% of MLB players from Latin America and Japan?The best athletes are playing basketball and football.
Did you ever stop and think that the best athletes from Latin America and Japan play baseball? You can deny that baseball is dying but that's simply not true. Youth participation is way way up.

Reactions: .S&C.

I addressed it perfectly by showing you the hypocrisy in your statement. Go back and read.

I absolutely can deny it's dying because it isn't. Its popularity is rising in the last 5-7 years due to the health issues surrounding football and the fact that basketball has to be extra selective because of the roster limits. Did you read anything I said at all? There are high schools ( I know from experience) that are now holding tryouts for baseball for the first time ever. I can't tell you how many kids we've seen switching because their parents don't trust the hits. I won't deny it's been down through the last 15 years as football hat its turn dominating, but that cycle is coming back around. You'll start to see it more and more.

As for who's talented, have you ever tried to hit a 98mph fastball, 12 drop curve, changups etc. when you don't know which one is coming? Trust me, baseball players are extremely talented and probably far more skilled than any other sport. Extreme hand eye coordination is a must. The greatest at this are always baseball players. Just be born with height and determination, you're a college basketball recruit. Just be born 6'5 325lbs and you're a lineman. You can't even come close to being good at baseball without being incredibly skilled through years and years of detection. No "gettin outa bed" and being a pro.

Last edited:
Did you ever stop and think that the best athletes from Latin America and Japan play baseball? You can deny that baseball is dying but that's simply not true. Youth participation is way way up.

This is what I'm trying to get at. He's not seeing what I see in Memphis. Baseball is absolutely on the up climb with kids. There's no way around it, I don't care what some snap shot in time "online poll" says about it.

This is what I'm trying to get at. He's not seeing what I see in Memphis. Baseball is absolutely on the up climb with kids. There's no way around it, I don't care what some snap shot in time "online poll" says about it.
I grew up in an era when baseball was king I followed the "big red machine" and remember when my 6th grade teacher rolled in the tv to let us watch Hank Aaron go for the home run record. It's just not the same. You never know who'll be on the team you support from year to year. It's all about the money. Players use to show some loyalty, not any more. They go where the money's at. It's that way in other sports as well, but not to the extent that it is in baseball.

I grew up in an era when baseball was king I followed the "big red machine" and remember when my 6th grade teacher rolled in the tv to let us watch Hank Aaron go for the home run record. It's just not the same. You never know who'll be on the team you support from year to year. It's all about the money. Players use to show some loyalty, not any more. They go where the money's at. It's that way in other sports as well, but not to the extent that it is in baseball.
Afternoon World Series games. I used to listen to the Reds on the radio all the time during the Big Red era.

Did you go to the UK-UL game this year? They made the announcement right before the game. When they did, I looked at my UL friend next to me who goes to lots of games and he said that yes, it was something they started doing this year and no one knew why. But if you were at the game this year, then you were either late or weren't paying attention. It was just a few minutes prior to the first pitch. 100% dead serious!!
I go to 10 or so games every year. Kids scramble for foul balls, and no one is asking them to return them.

Cards just had 3 kids drafted in Rd 1. Coach Mac is the real deal.

I go to 10 or so games every year. Kids scramble for foul balls, and no one is asking them to return them.

Cards just had 3 kids drafted in Rd 1. Coach Mac is the real deal.

Again, I stand by what I said. I heard the announcement pregame myself and my friend who is retired and goes to about 10 games also said this is something they started doing THIS YEAR if the ball is hit into the stands unless there is a "game sponsor." If it goes over the stands or the fences I am sure you are correct. You can say whatever you want but I know what I heard the announcer say.

Again, I stand by what I said. I heard the announcement pregame myself and my friend who is retired and goes to about 10 games also said this is something they started doing THIS YEAR if the ball is hit into the stands unless there is a "game sponsor." If it goes over the stands or the fences I am sure you are correct. You can say whatever you want but I know what I heard the announcer say.
I think you are dis-remembering. Like I said my son gets the balls and will get the players to sign them after the game.There is enough to make fun of UL about but their baseball program is a class act. I only wish UK baseball would live up to its potential. It seems like we are always trying to react to what UofL does . Mitch needs to start being proactive not reactive.

I think you are dis-remembering. Like I said my son gets the balls and will get the players to sign them after the game.There is enough to make fun of UL about but their baseball program is a class act. I only wish UK baseball would live up to its potential. It seems like we are always trying to react to what UofL does . Mitch needs to start being proactive not reactive.

No. Not dis-remembering anything. I can't stand UL but know they have a great baseball program. The person I attended the game with is a HUGE UL booster who took me to the game as his guest. When I first heard the announcement I looked at him and wondered if I heard what I thought I heard. He said, yes, they started doing that this season and he did not know why.

I am not disputing what you are saying regarding your son but if you were there for the UK-UL game, and in your seat before the first pitch, you would have heard it too. I hate UL but I am not a liar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT