ADVERTISEMENT

line coach

we need to go after Texas states line coach. these guys can pass and run block
Yeah...Oline coach at Texas vs. UK....coach under Sarkesian offense vs. Stoops offense.....Texas money vs. UK money.....Texas recruits vs. UK recruits....

Pretty sure nobody would take that jump to be fair.

Yeah...Oline coach at Texas vs. UK....coach under Sarkesian offense vs. Stoops offense.....Texas money vs. UK money.....Texas recruits vs. UK recruits....

Texas State Bobcats, not Texas. Texas State is a very well coached team. I suspect it won’t be long before Kinne gets a higher profile job.

He was also released after allowing 49 sacks last year behind a line of 4 and 5 star players.

I would assume there is a correlation between the sacks allowed and not returning.
How much of that is on the QB? Milroe wasn't great to start the year last season, and Alabama did not have the typical dominant running back to take pressure off the QB like they usually do.

Wolford has been here before. Did anybody complain about his line then? Did we have better, more talented players at UK than Alabama in 2021? Did Wolford forget how to coach or was he always a fluke?

• Haha
Reactions: yoshukai
Wolford is a great recruiter, maybe not that great of a coach. Reminds me of a basketball coach who was like that, some years he was great but most of the time he choked in big games unless the players bailed him out, not a set play.

How much of that is on the QB? Milroe wasn't great to start the year last season, and Alabama did not have the typical dominant running back to take pressure off the QB like they usually do.

Wolford has been here before. Did anybody complain about his line then? Did we have better, more talented players at UK than Alabama in 2021? Did Wolford forget how to coach or was he always a fluke?
you may want to duck this convo before it gets ugly.... I mean trying to justify Alabama's woeful line problems to anyone but the coach is kind of crazy....

OT: The Texas St coach, Kinne, while coaching at a HS in TX, was shot and damned near killed by a parent of a player. Guy came into his office on a Mon morning after a Fri game and shot him in the chest, missed his heart by less than an inch. Crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: entropy13
I’m thinking Stoops thinks he has a talent problem at oline not a coaching issue
That’s the reason he hired Wolford back
Kids we recruit to develop have simply not panned out in several years

We never seem to be able to put it all together…ever.
Its the Curse fellas.
I mean Schlarman was our greatest O line coach of all time and he gets cancer and dies
Hmmmmm…

Last edited:
you may want to duck this convo before it gets ugly.... I mean trying to justify Alabama's woeful line problems to anyone but the coach is kind of crazy....
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...roving-just-in-time-for-sec-championship.html

On Monday, Saban praised offensive line coach Eric Wolford’s work with the unit.

“He’s done a fantastic job and I think the players have responded well to him,” Saban said “Our technique has gotten better. Our communication has gotten better. The continuity of playing together has gotten better. And I think the results that we’re getting is showing that.”

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...dominant-first-half-vs-georgia-for-sec-title/

Alabama offensive line praised for 'dominant' first half vs. Georgia for SEC Title​

Confused Power Rangers GIF

not texas im talkng about Texas State

Huh, it's almost like coaches are judged based on their recent performances. John Calipari won a title in college basketball here. And yet, if anyone said he was doing just as well last year as he did in years prior, they ought to have their head examined.

Yes, he was FIRED at Bama.

How anyone can defend that mess we saw last Saturday is beyond me. It wasn't good football.
He wasn't fired, just like Orlando Antigua wasn't fired at UK. He might have eventually been fired, but that's not what happened.

And I'm not defending what we saw last weekend, but I think it's not unreasonable to give it a chance to improve. People are upset for various reasons from still being salty at how Stoops courted a different opportunity to how Walford left UK the last time. It's easy to dump on them all right now after that loss with the Georgia game looming. Nobody is talking about how much money they lost on the SC game, but I wouldn't doubt that factors into some of the outrage on top of everything else.

Huh, it's almost like coaches are judged based on their recent performances. John Calipari won a title in college basketball here. And yet, if anyone said he was doing just as well last year as he did in years prior, they ought to have their head examined.
Wolford's line was dominant in the SEC Championship last season against Georgia. It was an inexperienced squad that improved as the season progressed. UK's line has upperclassmen that should already be technically sound regardless of Wolford being here for 9 months. Does the unit get a chance to improve as the season progresses?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT