ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington Sporting Club

Sep 10, 2005
They have the start of a good expansion team here in Lexington. They are third in USL League 1 on attendance out of 12 teams. It's a rough start so far but it;s just the inaugural season. They have stopped the hottest team in the league last week with a tie vs. #3 Northern Colorado, pulled an upset of the #2 team Charlotte in Georgetown and drew a tie with #5 One Knoxville last Saturday!

Hopefully they can get to work on their new 6,000 seat stadium soon. It's still either going to be on Athens-Boonesboro Rd at I-75 or behind Brannon Crossing just outside the Fayette County line.

I know alot of purists on here don't like Soccer but it's an up and coming sport. LSC already has over 1,400 kids in it's program across Fayette County.

I'd really love to see Pro Soccer excel here since Baseball (Legends\Counterclocks) has pretty much fizzled out and the Thoroughblades Hockey team failed miserably after only 5 years.

They have the start of a good expansion team here in Lexington. They are third in USL League 1 on attendance out of 12 teams. It's a rough start so far but it;s just the inaugural season. They have stopped the hottest team in the league last week with a tie vs. #3 Northern Colorado, pulled an upset of the #2 team Charlotte in Georgetown and drew a tie with #5 One Knoxville last Saturday!

Hopefully they can get to work on their new 6,000 seat stadium soon. It's still either going to be on Athens-Boonesboro Rd at I-75 or behind Brannon Crossing just outside the Fayette County line.

I know alot of purists on here don't like Soccer but it's an up and coming sport. LSC already has over 1,400 kids in it's program across Fayette County.

I'd really love to see Pro Soccer excel here since Baseball (Legends\Counterclocks) has pretty much fizzled out and the Thoroughblades Hockey team failed miserably after only 5 years.
I was training some of the pros (and all the kids that signed up) and those are a bunch of really good dudes out there. Happy to support them. I wish those stadiums weren’t so far from downtown but it’ll be cool either way.

Reactions: entropy13
My youngest plays for one of their youth teams and they already have their practice fields ready to use next week. So they are moving quickly where they can in terms of facilities.

I went to a match and had a lot of fun. What will be big for them, I think, is developing some local kids from their academy and having them play on their top team.

What happened to pro baseball in Lex? I thought it was a strong draw.
It had a few great years, but fans lost interest. They also lost their affiliation with Kansas City and went independent and covid. No one likes the new name and their attendance is miserable.

I was training some of the pros (and all the kids that signed up) and those are a bunch of really good dudes out there. Happy to support them. I wish those stadiums weren’t so far from downtown but it’ll be cool either way.
They tried to put it on High Street across from Rupp, but the City loves laying in bed with the Webb company..yep! The ones who left a crater in the middle of the city for 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT