ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington regional ( Sat. )...

We are in OK shape pitching wise. Everyone else is in poor shape as well. We just need to hit it. We still have a lot of innings left with Thompson, Mach, Pop and Salow.

Here is the bad thing for us going forward... NC State has almost every starter available. Their ace threw just 16. They can throw him any time if needed.

I hope we don't see another left handed pitcher. What happened on that ball Carson missed? Could it have gotten in the lights? To put it bluntly, that cost us the game. Feel bad for the kid. Oh well, clutch hitting has morning been there. Need to grind out a win tomorrow afternoon and then see what happens.

May have gotten lost in the lights. He was there with plenty of time, but to be fair it was a sharp hit line drive. He got a great jump on it. What really made it bad is not only was he there and it should have been the third out, he completely wiffed on the ball and what would have been a single with maybe one run scored....maybe none....become a triple with two runs scored and the single from the following batter scored the man on third. Three run swing on that defensive play.

Take that away we win 4-2

Reactions: sluggercatfan
We are in OK shape pitching wise. Everyone else is in poor shape as well. We just need to hit it. We still have a lot of innings left with Thompson, Mach, Pop and Salow.

We're probably in the worst shape of the 3 teams left pitching wise. We are definitely worse off than NC St. who have their ace and 1 game to win.

Very disappointing,appears the team is feeling the pressure. Just like the SEC tournament and the last three weeks of play. Not quite ready for prime time.

Pitching has been good enough to win and should still be good enough to keep us in games. We just need to get our groove back at the plate. Runners LOB has just killed us the last three weeks.

UK is fine pitching wise for at least one more game. After that, all bets are off. I'd guess Schaenzer would start against NC State. Logue threw 58 pitches so it's probably dicey that he'd start on Monday. I'm sure he'd be available though.

UK is fine pitching wise for at least one more game. After that, all bets are off. I'd guess Schaenzer would start against NC State. Logue threw 58 pitches so it's probably dicey that he'd start on Monday. I'm sure he'd be available though.

Yeah, simple solution, come out and knock the cover off the ball. That's the best bet at this point.

Reactions: Oldtrainer
Do we need to win three games now to get to the super? thanks.

If we make it to Monday I'd like to have Salow available for about 6 innings.
This is something I floated as a possibility to another reporter last night after UK lost. Ideally you wouldn't want to use him (much) today if that's the case. Think if UK wins tonight, NC State tonight will be the toughest game yet because there's no clear starter. I'd lean toward Schaenzer just because he's the only guy left who has started a game this season.

But maybe you use Salow tonight for as long as you can and just try to piece it together tomorrow? I think Logue would be available tomorrow, at least for a few innings.

This is something I floated as a possibility to another reporter last night after UK lost. Ideally you wouldn't want to use him (much) today if that's the case. Think if UK wins tonight, NC State tonight will be the toughest game yet because there's no clear starter. I'd lean toward Schaenzer just because he's the only guy left who has started a game this season.

But maybe you use Salow tonight for as long as you can and just try to piece it together tomorrow? I think Logue would be available tomorrow, at least for a few innings.

Is Pop available to pitch at all? I think I know the answer but that would be a pleasant surprise to get an inning even out of him

You got to win the first one obviously, however, if the bats can get up similar to the way we did against Ohio 6 runs or so I'd hope to ride Thompson thru 7.

Ideally, Machamer one or even two pending pitch count.

I would like to have Salow available for NC State in case the starting pitcher gets in trouble game 1. Kinda stinks we used up Logue and ended up losing. Risk didn't pay off. How many pitches did he throw?

It all comes to down to game situations, we really need a game that doesn't feel close going into the 7th-8th-9th innings.

If we can get to the point where we can use Cleary for an inning or two in a game and get the win that would be HUGE.

Also, do we have any position players that are also "pitchers" in a crazy situation. I've seen those situations all year from other teams.

Is Pop available to pitch at all? I think I know the answer but that would be a pleasant surprise to get an inning even out of him

You got to win the first one obviously, however, if the bats can get up similar to the way we did against Ohio 6 runs or so I'd hope to ride Thompson thru 7.

Ideally, Machamer one or even two pending pitch count.

I would like to have Salow available for NC State in case the starting pitcher gets in trouble game 1. Kinda stinks we used up Logue and ended up losing. Risk didn't pay off. How many pitches did he throw?

It all comes to down to game situations, we really need a game that doesn't feel close going into the 7th-8th-9th innings.
Coaches have said since the SEC Tournament that Pop is available, yet he hasn't pitched. I think we'll certainly find out if he's truly healthy or not though today.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
Also, do we have any position players that are also "pitchers" in a crazy situation. I've seen those situations all year from other teams.

McNiel is a possibility. Would have been nice to have been using him more this year just simply because we didn't use him much as a position player.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
We need one game where we just beat the snot out of someone and we can then either use back of the bullpen pitchers or we can stretch a starter. We've had the opportunities to do that the last two games but failed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT