ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington earns highest LGBTQ equality score in Kentucky

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
Lexington earns highest LGBTQ equality score in Kentucky

The Human Rights Campaign graded Lexington highly for its laws, policies and services geared toward the LGBTQ community.

The city earned the highest equality score in the entire state, ahead of Louisville. Lexington earned 106 total points out of 100.

Craig Cammack, Mayor Gorton’s LGBTQ Liaison and the Mayor’s Human Rights Campaign Municipal Equality Index Workgroup facilitator said Lexington didn’t always have a passing grade on the equality scorecard. He said, in 2013, the city scored a 53.

“They give extra bonus points. We got 106, which is the highest in the state,” Cammack said.

Way to go, Lexington. :)

Political thread be like...
giphy.gif

I, for one, absolutely hate if when people unlike me are treated like human beings. What’s this world coming to?
Totally.

On an unrelated note, all unvaccinated people should be fired from their jobs and ostracized from society. Any opposing view but mine should be banned from social media and college campuses.

#equality

Last edited:
It's one thing to treat people with dignity. It is quite another to celebrate perverse sexual acts. Why don't we celebrate being the best adulterers? Where does it stop?

Maybe all of us Lexington posters should announce our preferred pronouns so we will be sure to be no. 1 again next year?

I did see where the equivalent of the French version of Webster's Dictionary now lists "iel" as the gender neutral pronoun as opposed to he (il) and she (elle). The French version of our right wingers are pretty agitated as well.

A lot of posters are having a tough time with this today. Are you ok? Do you need a safe space? Show me on a doll where this hurt you.
Do you really thinks this hurts anyone? Nobody cares. Nobody. It is like announcing Lexington has the most courteous driver's in KY. It is bunk. Society is tired of bunk. It probably makes a few gay couples that chose Lexington over Louisville happy. Other than that this has the impact of a goldfish farting in the Pacific. Nobody gives a shit.

You’re bad at whatever this is.
Yeah, well you are a racist attacking Africans. And this:

Marine Le Pen won strongest support in areas with high jobless rates and low wages where she campaigned to stop immigration and renegotiate France's relationship with the European Union.

She won the rural vote Macron the urban, hmmm.

Last edited:
The least interesting thing on earth to me is what someone does in their private sexual life. I could care less unless I'm in the mix someway either as a bystander or active participant.

The only thing I don't like about gay people is the awkwardness it puts on making new friends. Finding the right time to insert the "I'm not gay" line just to make sure we're all on the same page can be challenging at times.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT