ADVERTISEMENT

Lexi Blue is a Wildcat!

Meanwhile Cal at the NBA draft

where i go music video GIF by OneRepublic
FIFY

Reactions: kywildcat41086
If a new coach was replacing Cal you would have that same excitement for men's bb, that's assuming he could recruit as well. There will be no need for a down year with a new men's coach when Cal goes.

Last edited:
  • Love
He is visible proof that we should never be afraid of the year after Calipari finally leaves. A competent coach can immediately build a competitive roster with the transfer portal. Brooks is going to crush it here.
Amen brother!!!!!

Reactions: TM2013
It would have been a crime for someone with the name Lexi Blue to go to any other school. She will be the star at "Dance Blue" and "Big Blue Madness" and "Big Blue Nation" and of course "Blue Moon over Kentucky"

With the Va Tech transfers and recruit flips I'll guess the Va Tech athletic administration is very unhappy with the situation and coach Brooks.
Hokie WBB fan here.

No real issue with transfers from VT. Amoore graduated and offer from CKB was only offer she got out of HS. She is really close to CKB - he is her "American Dad." We hated to lose Strack but not unexpected either. Other recruits hadn't arrived to VT yet so you expect them to follow CKB. CKB recruited at a high level while at VT - cupboard not bare. Players staying include Carleigh Wenzel (#44 ranked player in class of 22), Samantha Sufferin (#69 ranked player in class of 23), Mackenzie Nelson (#65 ranked player in class of '23), and Carys Baker (#58 ranked player in class of 23). Plus 2 portal transfers remain from last year, both of them started in 2024.

CKB will get good players to UK. I'm interested to see if his style works in SEC, especially against USCe and LSU. He plays more of a "Euro" style and has consistently complained that WBB is too physical and he doesn't like it. IMO he just went to the most "physical" WBB conference in the country. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts.

Love CKB - I think his biggest weakness is in game coaching, especially the last 5 minutes of a game. But I hope his is successful at UK, I do like his style of play. It is fun to watch. But it's not a track meet.

Last edited:
seems like the trick is hire a coach that has a loaded team at his old college that will follow him to his new school

where have we seen that before.......

• Haha
Reactions: ukfan1622
Hokie WBB fan here.

No real issue with transfers from VT. Amoore graduated and offer from CKB was only offer she got out of HS. She is really close to CKB - he is her "American Dad." We hated to lose Strack but not unexpected either. Other recruits hadn't arrived to VT yet so you expect them to follow CKB. CKB recruited at a high level while at VT - cupboard not bare. Players staying include Carleigh Wenzel (#44 ranked player in class of 22), Samantha Sufferin (#69 ranked player in class of 23), Mackenzie Nelson (#65 ranked player in class of '23), and Carys Baker (#58 ranked player in class of 23). Plus 2 portal transfers remain from last year, both of them started in 2024.

CKB will get good players to UK. I'm interested to see if his style works in SEC, especially against USCe and LSU. He plays more of a "Euro" style and has consistently complained that WBB is too physical and he doesn't like it. IMO he just went to the most "physical" WBB conference in the country. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts.

Love CKB - I think his biggest weakness is in game coaching, especially the last 5 minutes of a game. But I hope his is successful at UK, I do like his style of play. It is fun to watch. But it's not a track meet.
Interesting take on Coach Brooks.

I think the “Euro” style is exactly what you need offensively to combat the physical bigs inside in the SEC. But will they be able to defend against the physical bigs. That will be the big question IMO.

Kind of proves there was absolutely zero reason to keep that fraud elzy last year but Mitch has no balls

Hokie WBB fan here.

Thanks for the insight on Coach Brooks sounds like we got a good one.

Reactions: alansgre
Amoore officially signed Monday and Strack officially signed Tuesday. Then Jenkins up and leaves. Only two leftovers left in Rowe and Tyler. The 6-5 White she didn't want to play here anymore so that only leaves the 6-1 Becker? as the only recruit from Elzy still wanting to come and play here. Why would White not want to play for Brooks?

Kennedy Henry, a 6-0 four star guard that was committed to VA Tech for 2025 said she was going to explore other options. Is said to be a player that can put the ball in the basket big time but is also a great defender and rebounder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT