ADVERTISEMENT

Letcher Co shooting

The Courier Journal story had a photo of unnamed "supporters" of the sheriff in the gallery yesterday that I would believe likely to be the sheriff's wife and daughter.

Anyone know if that is true?

I don’t know who the dark haired girl behind Stines was but she was very attractive. Sometimes genetics are a funny thing.

I didn't watch but are you sure the question wasnt about "whatsapp"? Thats an app owned by Facebook thats commonly used as a clandestine way to text someone
He asked if Judge Mullins' phone had "apps" on it. I never heard him ask about about "whatsapp". He at one point asked him if it had apps on it such as Facebook, that could contain information outside of the phone.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
From my listening, the KSP detective talks about what the sheriff said after being taken into custody. It is clear the detective is reporting hearsay and did not hear what was said directly. Here is how I heard the quote: "When he was taken into custody, I was told by one of the other officers who was there that he made the comment 'They are trying to kidnap my wife and kid.'"

Detective says no LEO tried to interview the sheriff after arrest. Interesting. Unclear if they just assumed he would lawyer up, were worried about doing something to screw up the eventual conviction (and likely death penalty attempt), or there is some other reason.

Quote about the "kidnapping" starts around the 26 minute mark. WARNING: THE VIDEO OF THE SHOOTING IS IN THE FIRST PART OF THE LINK.

At the preliminary hearing or probable cause hearing, the officer who testifies can just be someone brought up to speed on the evidence, because hearsay is permitted. The prosecution can use an officer who has simply read the file, if they want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT