ADVERTISEMENT

Letcher Co shooting

Well, it’s been said somewhere that the Judge was
Supposedly playing PDiddles with his daughter.

That is the rumor but no way yet to tell if its true. That said it sure seems true because of the extreme circumstances.

One thing to keep in mind 16+ is legal sge of consent in ky. There is an exception for position of power that can push that up to 18, but im not sure if that covers a position of power outside the youth's normal life.

That said, morally its obviously out of bounds. Its just important to differentiate morality from legality. Again if its even true.

Lets say shes of age - is killing someone really solving the issue? Now your daughter's life is ruined by the loss of her father and the national attention given to the situation that could've been otherwise contained to the local area.

Full disclosure - i did know the judge but not well.

One thing to keep in mind 16+ is legal sge of consent in ky. There is an exception for position of power that can push that up to 18, but im not sure if that covers a position of power outside the youth's normal life.
For 16 and 17 year olds in Kentucky, it is rape third (statutory rape) if the alleged perp is at least ten years older than the victim. KRS 510.060

For 16 and 17 year olds in Kentucky, it is rape third (statutory rape) if the alleged perp is at least ten years older than the victim. KRS 510.060

Thanks for that. I focused more on the position of power instead of the tier because i think he qualified for that exception pushing the age up. They key point was most think the age is 18 which is not the case generally in this state.

Even with that, for this crime the person's consent is not an element because they are deemed to not have the capacity to consent. Much different scenario.

That said, even if its true as rumored killing someone over it does nothing but further destroy your family. Now your daughter loses her father for decades, short of jury nullification. Dont be surprised if the special prosecutor gives death penalty notice. There is an edd defense here but i suspect it will be murder 1.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
Thanks for that. I focused more on the position of power instead of the tier because i think he qualified for that exception pushing the age up. They key point was most think the age is 18 which is not the case generally in this state.

Even with that, for this crime the person's consent is not an element because they are deemed to not have the capacity to consent. Much different scenario.

That said, even if its true as rumored killing someone over it does nothing but further destroy your family. Now your daughter loses her father for decades, short of jury nullification. Dont be surprised if the special prosecutor gives death penalty notice. There is an edd defense here but i suspect it will be murder 1.
If the process looks hinky down there, it wouldn't surprise me to see federal involvement based upon the judge being killed while, I guess, acting in his official capacity in his chambers.

If the process looks hinky down there, it wouldn't surprise me to see federal involvement based upon the judge being killed while, I guess, acting in his official capacity in his chambers.

Its a joint effort with a special Commonwealth attorney and the state ag.

Based on who they assigned as special Commonwealth attorney, there wont be anything out of line. Hes as straight as an arrow, an excellent person an even better prosecutor. Given the assignment I also assume the state ag will just be there as political decoration.

No idea who to believe on this, but can’t wait to tune in for next week’s episode

Reactions: 80 Proof
This has a saw something but didn't say something vibe to it. The guy Fields is a giant POS that ties both the sheriff's office and the courts together having worked for both of them. Fields was using the home arrest program to get females out of jail and to where he could blackmail them for sex favors, even using the judge's chambers. Apparently the judge and sheriff or Fields (unclear on the reference I read) were close friends at one point. I think they meant the judge and sheriff, which may explain how the daughter came into the picture. Side note: saw some rando fb exchange on X where a lady claims the wife was also involved with the judge.

Already looking forward to this NF documentary.

If it’s true, and I say “if”, that there was sex being used by the judge/deputies in return for lenient sentences/favors what does it say if the sheriff was turning a blind eye until his daughter was involved?

I think the sheriff, judge and Fields were all knowledgeable of what was going on and all 3 (Fields was already known about) were going to be implicated at some point. Apparently these guys were all close. From what I've read, the sheriff seems like a POS as much as the rest of them.

Reactions: pretzel__logic

The nearby perry county Commonwealth attorney was recently sentenced in federal court for trading sexual favors and drugs for favorable treatment.

Would not be surprised to see the feds checking for a connection. Who knows if there is one, or if its just separate people in power abusing said power separately.

And before the predictable comments about sexism etc.....you might want to check about the perry county situation.

If it’s true, and I say “if”, that there was sex being used by the judge/deputies in return for lenient sentences/favors what does it say if the sheriff was turning a blind eye until his daughter was involved?

I don't think that set of facts includes the daughter at all. Just the investigation was the motive for the killing instead of the rumor about the daughter.

This might well be it, but I don't understand how facing the death penalty for one crime is better than spending forever in federal prison on another.

The Kentucky court chambers where Judge Kevin Mullins was allegedly gunned down by local sheriff Mickey Stines had a dark history of sex crimes with links to both the judge and the sheriff.

A former deputy of Stines is currently serving a seven-year prison sentence after being convicted of raping former inmate inside Mullins' chamber - where he told her there were no cameras, according to WYMT Now.

The former inmate, Sabrina Adkins, claims in a federal lawsuit that she could not afford to pay for an ankle monitor and did not want to return to Letcher County Jail. Deputy Ben Fields coerced her into performing sexual favors so she could remain under home incarceration, according to a federal lawsuit in 2022. Sheriff Stines was named as a defendant in the case and was scheduled to make a deposition on Monday - four days before he allegedly murdered the judge.

The lawsuit claims Sheriff Stines did not 'reasonably respond' to reports or suspicions about the sexual abuse and had a 'deliberate indifference in failing to adequately train and supervise' Fields, the New York Times reports.

It is unclear from the court documents whether Mullins was aware of the sexual abuse in his office at the time or whether he was involved in any wrongdoing, but the court documents do list him as someone with information in the case.

It is also unclear whether the sexual abuse case may have been a motive in the shooting on Thursday, when Stines allegedly walked into Mullins' chambers and told staff he needed to speak to the judge alone.

He and Mullins then entered the judge's inner office, closed the door and those outside heard a number of gunshots, according to The Mountain Eagle.

Stines then walked out with his hands raised and surrendered to officers, who placed him in handcuffs at around 3pm as Kentucky State Police officers found Mullins, 54, with multiple gunshot wounds and pronounced him dead at the scene.

The sheriff is now facing first-degree murder charges, and is said to be cooperating with State Police investigating the incident, the New York Times report.

https://www-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13872119/amp/Dark-history-court-chambers-Kentucky-judge-gunned-sheriff.html?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIUAKwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=17268355840242&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-13872119%2FDark-history-court-chambers-Kentucky-judge-gunned-sheriff.html

What IF it is true about the daughter ? What IF he started banging before she turned 16 ? How long has this being going on if true ? Lots of questions unanswered. Also, IF true, the judge was banging both wife and daughter, That would cause a man to have some real insecurities and would cause him to go crazy. No matter what the outcome is, It is definitely a black eye for small town KY law offices. 100% chance it will end up in Hollywood on the big screen. And if done right, could be an all timer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT