ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s Be Smart-Bronny!

Bc lebrons not going to a place like detroit. Thats why places like la and phoenix are being mentioned bc lebron would play there

Reactions: Fox2monk
I just shake my head seeing Phoenix involved. What a dumb franchise. They haven’t done a single thing right since going up 2-0 on the Bucks.
The flip side of that is do they feel like adding Lebron to Booker and KD gives them a better chance to win it all if it means picking Bronny at 22.

Hoping Houston is wise here and realized what a costly move this will be. Some franchise is going to set themselves back years if that wasye a high pick on lebron and then nuke their team just to get Lebron in his 40s.
I just don’t see a team with a high draft pick wasting their pick. The only teams I see doing it are those that are already contenders and think adding Lebron can get them a title and wasting a late first round pick on Bronny is worth it.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I just don’t see a team with a high draft pick wasting their pick. The only teams I see doing it are those that are already contenders and think adding Lebron can get them a title and wasting a late first round pick on Bronny is worth it.
Lets hope. I worry that owners see Lebron as a quick cash grab for merchandise and ticket sales. And not every owner is very keen on how to win titles, as opposed to just making money. I have a feeling someone is going to bite on the Bronny/Lebron sweepstakes... but i agree, probably not with that high of a draft pick.

The flip side of that is do they feel like adding Lebron to Booker and KD gives them a better chance to win it all if it means picking Bronny at 22.
Nope, their problem is depth. Getting LeBron solves nothing IMO. They should trade Beal for draft picks or a couple players like 1 good starter and 2 depth pieces they need, especially defenders. The big 3 alone have put them like 100 million into the luxury tax. They have no mid level exceptions or money even viable to add quality anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Lebron ain't what he used to be. Teams would be stupid to invest the money to get him and Bronny just for publicity. A smart team would be looking more to the future.

If I had his money I wouldn't care what anyone thinks.

I actually like Lebron as a basketball player.. lol He’s a moron off the court, though. I don’t hold it against him. That guy up above seemed like he wanted to argue or something.. 😆

I don't see how he isn't at least top twenty all time (and that is being very parsimonious), which should at minimum merit jock carrying of anyone.

I like Lebron, I was just trying to argue with the guy that seemed like he wanted to argue.. lol

I think an argument can be made for Lebron to be #2 all time and potentially #1 under certain circumstances.

I have nothing against Lebron's kid, but what I don't like is how his shitbag father is using him as leverage to go play elsewhere in hopes to win another title. Lebron should be worried about his son's heart condition instead. But, he's a narcissistic jerk and doesn't care about anyone but himself.

I've grown tired of the MJ comparison when it involves James. I look forward to his retirement because he has destroyed the NBA.

I don't see how he isn't at least top twenty all time (and that is being very parsimonious), which should at minimum merit jock carrying of anyone.
Usually people use the “X couldn’t carry Y’s jock strap” as a facetious expression and not one based on reality.

I did enjoy your use of “parsimonious” though. You enabled me to learn a new word and I appreciate it!

Nope, their problem is depth. Getting LeBron solves nothing IMO. They should trade Beal for draft picks or a couple players like 1 good starter and 2 depth pieces they need, especially defenders. The big 3 alone have put them like 100 million into the luxury tax. They have no ,I’d level exceptions or money even viable to add quality anything.
The biggest problem with these big 3 rosters is the players apart of those big 3s. Are there any superstars in the modern NBA willing to take or currently taking a paycut so the team can afford better role players and bench pieces? If there is I haven’t heard of any.

Gone are the players like Tim Duncan, an all time great and GOAT at his position, who took pay cuts so his franchise could win. That’s what makes the NBA unwatchable for me, I think. How can the franchise expect me, a lower middle class citizen, to cheer and support a team to victory when the multi millionaire players can’t sacrifice a few million for the same goal? I just can’t root for teams and players more interested in money than winning and I do think that’s what’s killing (or already has killed) college sports as well.

The biggest problem with these big 3 rosters is the players apart of those big 3s. Are there any superstars in the modern NBA willing to take or currently taking a paycut so the team can afford better role players and bench pieces? If there is I haven’t heard of any.

Gone are the players like Tim Duncan, an all time great and GOAT at his position, who took pay cuts so his franchise could win. That’s what makes the NBA unwatchable for me, I think. How can the franchise expect me, a lower middle class citizen, to cheer and support a team to victory when the multi millionaire players can’t sacrifice a few million for the same goal? I just can’t root for teams and players more interested in money than winning and I do think that’s what’s killing (or already has killed) college sports as well.
Exactly, I’ve seen a couple who took less than the max but still made ridiculous amounts of money like 45 million instead of 55 million, sometimes former stars take the league minimum but usually at a time they aren’t difference makers.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Lebron ain't what he used to be. Teams would be stupid to invest the money to get him and Bronny just for publicity. A smart team would be looking more to the future.
Old LeBron on new team will sale merch and tickets.Does LeBron take pay cut when going to a new team If he does it could open up an opportunity to build.

Reactions: ORCAT and Fox2monk
Old LeBron on new team will sale merch and tickets.Does LeBron take pay cut when going to a new team If he does it could open up an opportunity to build.
That it will but I honestly can’t see LeBron playing for the Vetran minimum or something to give his team a chance to win. He absolutely should as he’s rich beyond imagination but he will want that max deal again I’m sure’

I actually like Lebron as a basketball player.. lol He’s a moron off the court, though. I don’t hold it against him. That guy up above seemed like he wanted to argue or something.. 😆
I look at Lebron like I do Brady. As a player, they are/were very good. But my goodness, do they whine. And whine excessively. Don't get me wrong, all players do a bit, especially the "pre Maddonas", even Jordan. But those two just whine about EVERYTHING. "Ref, he touched me! Ref, he's not allowed to hit me! Ref, that's not really a fumble." They're just too good to do that.

I look at Lebron like I do Brady. As a player, they are/were very good. But my goodness, do they whine. And whine excessively. Don't get me wrong, all players do a bit, especially the "pre Maddonas", even Jordan. But those two just whine about EVERYTHING. "Ref, he touched me! Ref, he's not allowed to hit me! Ref, that's not really a fumble." They're just too good to do that.

Although I don’t like the whining, I get the point of why it happens and why people don’t like it.

Every player just about it are calling for fouls so if you can gain an edge by playing the officials, why not use it as an advantage.

I really like Luka as well. Whines constantly.. lol If I think I can say something to an official and maybe get a call to go my way the next trip down the court, I can’t rule out that I wouldn’t do the same thing. 🤷‍♂️

Nope, their problem is depth. Getting LeBron solves nothing IMO. They should trade Beal for draft picks or a couple players like 1 good starter and 2 depth pieces they need, especially defenders. The big 3 alone have put them like 100 million into the luxury tax. They have no ,I’d level exceptions or money even viable to add quality anything.
That's a good take. I will admit I don't follow the NBA a ton, so value people's opinion who follow it more.

That it will but I honestly can’t see LeBron playing for the Vetran minimum or something to give his team a chance to win. He absolutely should as he’s rich beyond imagination but he will want that max deal again I’m sure’
probably right but it would be something if he did. Build a team that could win a title with his son.Has there ever been a father and son play at same time on same team before. Then ein the title. Take that pay cut and do what's never been done before.

probably right but it would be something if he did. Build a team that could win a title with his son.Has there ever been a father and son play at same time on same team before. Then ein the title. Take that pay cut and do what's never been done before.
Idk honestly, I’ve heard the Lakers may actually draft him in the first round but I just don’t see how they justify that and then play him. He’s not close to ready.

At least a handful of more talented guards who also have much higher potential than Lebron James IV have wisely withdrawn from this draft and returned college - including Love at Arizona and Jaxson Robinson at Kentucky. But for his father’s name and ego, Lil Lebron has no legitimate business keeping his name in this draft class. But to each their own.

I can’t believe there are stories the Lakers are not only pick him but in the first round to try and get LeBron to sign again. Just ridiculous, he should be a undrafted FA at best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT