ADVERTISEMENT

Least liked opposing player? (Excluding the obvious)

Ricky Blanton...lsu

Wasn't he part of the LSU team we played 4 times that year - twice in the regular season, in the SEC Tournament and the Regional Final at the old Omni in Atlanta to go to the Final Four ? If I recall there was another player on that team who died just a few years after that from a heart condition. I believe his name was Redding or something like that.

Also I think it was after that season the NCAA banned teams from playing on their home floor as LSU won the first 2 games at the Maravich Center as underdogs. I think they were something like a double digit seed. I guess I could look it up but it's late 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: ruppcat
I was waiting for Walsh to make an appearance.
Me too. Can't believe it took as long as it did. If It was July 2003 right now that'd be the number 1 answer on here right now. That punk talked all that shit going into the UK game that season before and UF had just got that freshly ranked no. 1 beside their name and UK just kicked that ass all over Rupp Arena in the loudest game I ever heard at Rupp. It's all been said before, but I'm just here to confirm it again. Place was electric and I couldn't stand Walsh's dumbass looking hair either. And I didn't like Roberson ass either. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: BlobUK
KD Johnson has got to be on this list, that guy is a damn psychopath. Can't stand him.
The other little Auburn guard as well, Wendell Green Jr.

Reactions: BlobUK
Waiting on the Marshall Henderson love!!
How could anyone hate this guy? He was like a WWE heel, honestly think it’s fun when you get guys like him—Devendorf from Cuse.

For me it’s mostly Duke and UF players for some reason. The ones already mentioned, and Tyler Hansbrough’s permanent doofy face always irked me.

Bogut

20050325Utah3.jpg

You beat me to the "Astronaut"!!!!
There was not enough mustard in Texas to cover that guy. I remember Joe Dean, Sr. Interviewing him after a game. JD congratulated him on playing a great game. Back in those times the response by a player would have been thank you or thanks a lot, etc. Scales response was Yeah I did. He was only topped in stupidity by Greg “Cookie Man” Cook, the only kid I ever knew of that lost and gained his eligibility twice.

• Haha
Reactions: tomrain
Billy McCaffery from Vandy is the early 90s is high on my list.
Yeah and he started out as a Dukie too. Seems like he talked just a teenie weenie little bit of shit about Pitino one year before a UK-Vandy game, saying something about how Pitino just made a big show out of everything and how he was a side show and hoped RP would see his comments and I think he got lucky and someone seen em right before they got dismantled. He got us back the next year though. I'm thinking he left Duke because Bobby Hurley was gonna get most of the minutes. So from Duke to Vanderbilt he went.

Last edited:
Reactions: LTDukeFan
Marshall Henderson is up there for me. I couldn't stand him.

But also, Grayson Allen, Joakim Noah (while he was at UF), Schofield, Plasvic, Fulkerson, Williams (noticing a them here?), basicaly anyone wearing a KU jersey, KD Johnson at AU (seriously, damn! Look how great I tied my shoes!)

How could anyone hate this guy? He was like a WWE heel, honestly think it’s fun when you get guys like him—Devendorf from Cuse.

For me it’s mostly Duke and UF players for some reason. The ones already mentioned, and Tyler Hansbrough’s permanent doofy face always irked me.
Yes. That gif of him after Ole Miss beat Auburn is one of the best ever.

Yeah and he started out as a Dukie too. Seems like he talked just a teenie weenie little bit of shit about Pitino one year before a UK-Vandy game, saying something about how Pitino just made a big show out of everything and how he was a side show and hoped RP would see his comments and I think he got lucky and someone seen em right before they got dismantled. He got us back the next year though. I'm thinking he left Duke because Bobby Hurley was gonna get most of the minutes. So from Duke to Vanderbilt he went.
He left Duke because the minutes that he was going to get were not playing PG, but SG. He was the third highest in minutes as a sophomore and wanted to play point... seemed like he was pushed by his dad. Was sorry to see him leave.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
Taking Christian Laettner out of the conversation, who was your least favorite player on an opposing team that played a big enough part to have that strong of an opinion toward? I’ll open the bidding with Joakim Noah.
Ernie Grunfeld. I was just a kid at the time, but no contest. Hated that guy.

Runner up, John Fulkerson.

See the theme here?

Funny thing about Louisville for me, is it's never really been the players that bother me, it's their fans that I despise.
At first I agreed with this, but then I thought about how many decent people I know who are U of L fans, and I couldn't think of any players that I liked.

Wasn't he part of the LSU team we played 4 times that year - twice in the regular season, in the SEC Tournament and the Regional Final at the old Omni in Atlanta to go to the Final Four ? If I recall there was another player on that team who died just a few years after that from a heart condition. I believe his name was Redding or something like that.

Also I think it was after that season the NCAA banned teams from playing on their home floor as LSU won the first 2 games at the Maravich Center as underdogs. I think they were something like a double digit seed. I guess I could look it up but it's late 🤣🤣🤣
AND UK had played bama in the tourney as well. It lead to another Kentucky rule where the committee wouldn't seed so many teams from the same conference on the same side of the bracket.

Bobby Portis (whiny crybaby)

on a side note: i actually liked Ron Slay, if he played for UK he would be loved

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT