ADVERTISEMENT

LB Scooby Williams leaving Florida

ghorn19

Senior
Sep 5, 2002
Florida now has 20 players leaving in the transfer portal, and they've picked up 5.

Many of the players leaving were starters.

Coaches on the hot seat are going to see players make the decision for the AD.......

Any mutual interest here? Are we still looking for another LB, or is it all about OL right now.

• Wow
Reactions: JasonRDunn
UF and TAM look to be in shambles, wouldn't trade rosters or coaching staffs with either. Our season didn't end well but if we hold what we have next season has a chance to be better. The schedule does us no favors. Hopefully we get better in the OL, LB and QB and eliminate a few of the dumb mistakes.

Reactions: CGblue
UF and TAM look to be in shambles, wouldn't trade rosters or coaching staffs with either. Our season didn't end well but if we hold what we have next season has a chance to be better. The schedule does us no favors. Hopefully we get better in the OL, LB and QB and eliminate a few of the dumb mistakes.
Look at our schedule. Please let me know where 8 wins are on our schedule. Southern Miss. Ohio, Vandy, Murray St are probably wins. where are the other 3 wins? I'm struggling. GO BBN!

Look at our schedule. Please let me know where 8 wins are on our schedule. Southern Miss. Ohio, Vandy, Murray St are probably wins. where are the other 3 wins? I'm struggling. GO BBN!
To play devils advocate, Missouri was picked to finish near the bottom of the sec. Our season will hinge on how good our new qb is. It’s hard to look ahead and make predictions until the new signal caller steps out there

USCjr, Auburn, and Florida are all possible wins. That's eight. Throw in Louisville for nine. Will they do that? Hard to say for sure until we get a concrete roster.

The whole team outside of our transfers were young this year. Hopefully they progress and get better. Then we throw in some quality transfers and Bob's your uncle.

My question is can Stoops and crew fix the on field discipline problems and shore up the decision making? If they can't then all of the above is moot.

USCjr, Auburn, and Florida are all possible wins. That's eight. Throw in Louisville for nine. Will they do that? Hard to say for sure until we get a concrete roster.

The whole team outside of our transfers were young this year. Hopefully they progress and get better. Then we throw in some quality transfers and Bob's your uncle.

My question is can Stoops and crew fix the on field discipline problems and shore up the decision making? If they can't then all of the above is moot.
Too early to talk wins/losses without knowing what the roster will look like. UK had a 1000+ yd rusher in '23 but the running game was very inconsistent. Need to get that area up to speed, need an experienced back out of the portal. OL needs to step up. Even with Chip the RB room is very young and inexperienced. Spring will tell a lot.

Reactions: entropy13
Florida now has 20 players leaving in the transfer portal, and they've picked up 5.

Many of the players leaving were starters.

Coaches on the hot seat are going to see players make the decision for the AD.......

Any mutual interest here? Are we still looking for another LB, or is it all about OL right now.
Zoinks! Like, look gang...another clue!!

I disagree the schedule does us no favors. Yes, it's tough, the SEC is and always will be tough, but eight home games combined with spreading out the OOC games, prevents that gauntlet of games we typically have to go through when we frontload the schedule with the OOC games. I know everybody has two open dates as well, but that will also benefit us, especially before going to Texas when we have an open date followed by Murray St.. We should be pretty well rested going into that game, whereas Texas has Florida and Arkansas before playing us. I know UF and Ark and not overly challenging games for Texas, but will still require a lot more effort than we will have to exert those two weeks. Not saying I like our chances in that game or anything, it will still be a monumental challenge, but from the way our schedule lays out, we should in the very least be more rested and there will be no excuses for not being prepared to at least make it competitive.

Reactions: The-Hack
UK has consistently been beating Vandy, Florida, Louisville, and should match up pretty well with SC in Lexington. Then there's another shot at a bowl win.

But I guess we'll start hearing how UL will be favored in Lexington even though it's going to end up being six straight beatings.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
I disagree the schedule does us no favors. Yes, it's tough, the SEC is and always will be tough, but eight home games combined with spreading out the OOC games, prevents that gauntlet of games we typically have to go through when we frontload the schedule with the OOC games. I know everybody has two open dates as well, but that will also benefit us, especially before going to Texas when we have an open date followed by Murray St.. We should be pretty well rested going into that game, whereas Texas has Florida and Arkansas before playing us. I know UF and Ark and not overly challenging games for Texas, but will still require a lot more effort than we will have to exert those two weeks. Not saying I like our chances in that game or anything, it will still be a monumental challenge, but from the way our schedule lays out, we should in the very least be more rested and there will be no excuses for not being prepared to at least make it competitive.
Points well taken, I wasn't referring to schedule structure rather the strength of SEC schedule. Eight home games is a definite plus. Hopefully we will be a better team next season. We wee at best only able to tread water this year, a bowl win would have tipped the scale a bit but that didn't happen

It’s been postulated that since Shaggy was apparently a strung out hippy that Scooby snacks were either methamphetamine or some form of psychedelic.
They would crush 15-foot long sub sandwiches...very suspect indeed!

Reactions: bluecoon1
Given the additions of OU and Tx, 7 is the new 8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT