ADVERTISEMENT

LaVar Ball says he would have killed MJ in 1 on 1 back in the day

If you want a laugh. Go back and watch the first 5 min of the UK UCLA game. Fox toyed with Ball. They had to go to a zone and someone else had to bring the ball up. Only thing Ball does better than Fox is shoot and Fox's shot looks good now. I know not enough examples to say he can shoot but the last 7 or 8 ball games from 15 to 19 ft he has been pretty good and his form looks great. If I am a scout no way in hell do I take Ball over Fox. Lots of shooters in the league not many guys not named Wall as quick as Fox

This guy is pretty smart actually. Complete marketing/branding machine. He is taking a note from trumps campaign book - he is saying whatever it takes to stay in the headlines and probably will be as long as Ball isn't a quick NBA flameout (even if he is there are some other Balls on the way)

Don't buy into the act

Difference: Trump is a multi-billion dollar business tycoon, and LaVar Ball is demanding over twice as much as Jordan Brand made between 2002-2012 from Nike, for his son's own branding deal.

With as much as he talks, there could be a point that these shoe companies pull their offers and let "BBB" actually make an effort to become a thing.

In a new interview, LaVar Ball says he would killed MJ in 1 on 1 among many other things in the interview

It's worth nothing Ball played basketball for Washington State during the 1987-88 season and averaged 2.2 points, 2.3 rebounds a game before transferring to Cal-State Los Angeles in search of more playing time.

Jordan, meanwhile, averaged 35 points and 5.5 rebounds for the Chicago Bulls that same season

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...o-ball-ucla-march-madness-nba-draft/99126082/

I figured this was one of the kids that had some game saying something dumb as a HS student. It's the father? Someone put him out to pasture please.

I don't care how good they are I hope we stay away from recruiting his other sons. This dude is trouble.

How long do you think Cal would allow crap like this to happen?

It's embarrassing that Alford allows this to happen and doesn't shut it down. Would absolutely never go on at UK (nor do I think Duke, UNC, KU would allow it)

Reactions: HexxenHammer
Lonzo is a good player but has a broken shot. He'll be a good player, but I don't see a generational talent there.

The next is line is just a good prospect and the youngest has some upside.

He could have a point about that one-on-one. MJ was pretty thin in college. Maybe Lavar was a brute and would just stick his ass out and back him down for lay-ups. I'm sure several here have played people that weren't that great but without defensive help they are just too strong. Who knows.

Don't hate on Lonzo just because of his father. He's a legit player. His passing, the way he sees the court and the ability to get it to guys at the exact moment they should get it is elite level. He's going to be a top 3-5 pick and will be very successful.

In a new interview, LaVar Ball says he would killed MJ in 1 on 1 among many other things in the interview

It's worth nothing Ball played basketball for Washington State during the 1987-88 season and averaged 2.2 points, 2.3 rebounds a game before transferring to Cal-State Los Angeles in search of more playing time.

Jordan, meanwhile, averaged 35 points and 5.5 rebounds for the Chicago Bulls that same season

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...o-ball-ucla-march-madness-nba-draft/99126082/

The guy will say anything to get attention, hell I can say I would have beat Jordon 1 on 1 back in the day, doesn't make it true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT