ADVERTISEMENT

Latest next UL coach odds

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
UofL Athletic Director Josh Heird said he wants someone who is "dying" to be at Louisville and would "crawl" here for the chance to lead the program. According to SportsBetting.ag, here are the latest odds on who that might be:
Jerome Tang: 4/1
Eric Musselman: 5/1
Jamie Dixon: 6/1
Mick Cronin: 7/1
Shaheen Holloway: 7/1
Pat Kelsey: 9/1
Amir Abdur-Rahim: 10/1
Will Wade: 10/1
Shaka Smart: 12/1
Richard Pitino: 14/1
Josh Schertz: 20/1
Scott Drew: 25/1
Niko Medved: 33/1
Lamont Paris: 40/1
Steve Forbes: 50/1
John Calipari: 66/1
Rick Pitino: 66/1
Billy Donovan: 75/1
Jay Wright: 75/1

Reactions: University-6
It's sounding more and more like it's down to Pitino Jr. and Schertz.

Both seem pretty lame. Pitino Jr. is super mid. Schertz hasn't made the tournament.

I will laugh if Richard Pitino is the next coach at Louisville.
I will too. Apparently Demling thinks he’s their top guy now.🤪

Actual footage of the last guy to get a ring at U-6.

8ff675672a91d7303a37b2b5191d84d1_w200.gif

What a rollercoaster for them. They started out big with Donovan or Wright (like all fan bases), then moved to Drew, then May, and now….Pitino Jr.

• Haha
Reactions: blubo
I will laugh if Richard Pitino is the next coach at Louisville.

Per Jody Demling on X (Twitter) he has now emerged as the Top Candidate 💀

Here’s the thing. If we fire Calipari we MUST get a decent coach because I want to make fun of UL for hiring that clown but if we hire someone ho hum then I can’t.

Cmon Mitch. Don’t do me dirty.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Mitch ought to get on his knees and and thank the higher power that UL is our little brother.

Reactions: mailman85

Both seem pretty lame. Pitino Jr. is super mid. Schertz hasn't made the tournament.
They aren’t looking for someone to get them to the tournament, they want to win 10 games next year. Build from there. lol😆

Reactions: Cats192
In what world does this make sense? Pitino gets kicked to the curb in humiliating fashion. And now his son may go there? That's almost as unlikely as a coach leaving one school in heroic fashion and then eventually winding up at that school's arch enemy.

I mean none of it makes sense!!

I don’t buy it. The BOT is not going to want the Pitino’s back around the program, there are more
involved at UL than just boosters and win at all costs administration. There is state involvement. And those guys are not as enthusiastic about Louisville winning as much as cleaning things up.

I see no way Pitino Jr. is even being considered past a few people that want to find a way to get Pitino back involved in the program.

I would be floored if the Pitino name ends up back at UL. I have said for a long time I believe the name they get is someone most haven’t even been talking about. Maybe recently they’ve been mentioned but I’ve always thought it would be a hire that wasn’t considered in the first month.

I see no way Pitino Jr. is even being considered past a few people that want to find a way to get Pitino back involved in the program.
I agree. If they take Jr, he WILL be involved, even if it's behind the scenes.

Reactions: 2StepShep
I agree. If they take Jr, he WILL be involved, even if it's behind the scenes.
So you think he will slight St. Johns and help his son at the school who fired him ? Really ? I am sure St. Johns would not have any problem with SR. helping JR. at another school. Nah, not at all. This is not little boy basketball, this is major D1 college basketball, no coach is helping another team son or no son coaching there. NOT happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT