ADVERTISEMENT

Latest NET Rankings

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
Kentucky at 23rd.

Some updates: UNC-Wilmington is now a Q3 loss, NOT a Q4 loss- so we are 6-0 in Q4 games now.

Miami is up to 51 in the NET, and has a BIG, BIG chance this Wednesday to beat Clemson at home (ranked 8th in the NET). Believe it or not, I expect Miami to be a Q1 win by Selection Sunday. They get Clemson, UNC and Duke all at home, and they are tough to beat at home.

@ Florida (#47) is squarely a Q1 opportunity and should be all season. Same with Texas A&M (#24) the following Saturday.

Miss State (#33) is really close to breaking that top-30 threshold which would make our home game against them in 2 weeks a Q1 as well.

SEC leads the way with 8 teams in the Top-50 of the NET, most of any conference.

Lots of opportunities coming up.

Just win baby.

@ Florida (#47) is squarely a Q1 opportunity and should be all season. Same with Texas A&M (#24) the following Saturday.

I would be thrilled with going 2-0 in those early road game tests but can live with 1-1. Don’t even want to think about 0-2.

I would be thrilled with going 2-0 in those early road game tests but can live with 1-1. Don’t even want to think about 0-2.
It's crazy Florida is so much further down all major rankings, yet ESPN has them at a 61.8% chance to win.

I'm not sure Kentucky will be good enough in early January to go 3-0 in this tough stretch.. but my lord, if we can, we're going to be a 1-seed. You can make the argument this is one of the tougher parts of our SEC schedule. Get through this unscathed (or relatively unscathed at 2-1) and we're looking very good.

Kentucky at 23rd.

Some updates: UNC-Wilmington is now a Q3 loss, NOT a Q4 loss- so we are 6-0 in Q4 games now.

Miami is up to 51 in the NET, and has a BIG, BIG chance this Wednesday to beat Clemson at home (ranked 8th in the NET). Believe it or not, I expect Miami to be a Q1 win by Selection Sunday. They get Clemson, UNC and Duke all at home, and they are tough to beat at home.

Miss State (#33) is really close to breaking that top-30 threshold which would make our home game against them in 2 weeks a Q1 as well.

SEC leads the way with 8 teams in the Top-50 of the NET, most of any conference.

Lots of opportunities coming up.

Just win baby.
UNCW has been a Q3 loss, not a Q4

Reactions: UK67KU59
Nerd numbers. Good one.
That’s all they are.

Junk numbers like those make an NBA team pay big bucks for a Harden or Irving.

But Ken PomPom is the worst.

PomPom is ok to give a snapshot of where you are in the moment and what you need to work on.

As a predictor it’s garbage.

Don’t think so? Go to Vegas and bet using his numbers.

Take a wad!!

UNCW better start rolling through their weak conference.

Their performance against arkansas after how they played against us was really frustrating. They lost to East Carolina the game before us too.

I swear some of these coaches and teams throw games so they can spend weeks game planning for us.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the NET rankings are trash.

If the "quadrants" matter, then tell me why:

BYU is #2 overall while being 1-1 in Quad 1 and 1-0 in Quad 2 games.
Alabama is #5 despite being 0-5 in Quad 1 games.
UT is #6 despite being 2-3 in Quad 1 games.

Folks, the greatest predictor for our seed has always been (and will continue to be) the AP rankings.

Since 1979, our seed matches up (almost exactly) to what our AP ranking was the Monday BEFORE Selection Sunday.

Wait and see.

• Love
Folks, the greatest predictor for our seed has always been (and will continue to be) the AP rankings.

Since 1979, our seed matches up (almost exactly) to what our AP ranking was the Monday BEFORE Selection Sunday.

Wait and see.

But the NET is brand new. Comparing back to 1979 doesn't do any good when the NET didn't exist back then.

The NET is what, maybe 2 years old?

The committee has made it clear that this is their number 1 metric for determining seeds- maybe it will line up with the AP poll come March 17th, maybe it won't, but comparing back 30 or 40 years doesn't really apply as the system has completely changed the last 2-3 years.

Who made this damn schedule we're playing this year?
Clearly it was made to help the rest of the league. Why the **** is Kentucky playing their first SEC game on the road? Four of our first seven games on the road?

You should be the other way around with a young team. Clearly this was done to hurt Kentucky this schedule.

Should have been three home games and then a road game in my opinion.
Seeing how we've only played one game at rupp in like a month and a half.
This schedule is rigged

But the NET is brand new. Comparing back to 1979 doesn't do any good when the NET didn't exist back then.

The NET is what, maybe 2 years old?

The committee has made it clear that this is their number 1 metric for determining seeds- maybe it will line up with the AP poll come March 17th, maybe it won't, but comparing back 30 or 40 years doesn't really apply as the system has completely changed the last 2-3 years.
I understand that, but last year the AP was much more accurate than NET.

Once I get some time, I will post some surprising examples.

Who made this damn schedule we're playing this year?
Clearly it was made to help the rest of the league. Why the **** is Kentucky playing their first SEC game on the road? Four of our first seven games on the road?

You should be the other way around with a young team. Clearly this was done to hurt Kentucky this schedule.

Should have been three home games and then a road game in my opinion.
Seeing how we've only played one game at rupp in like a month and a half.
This schedule is rigged
I think i’s better the way the scheduling is. We’ll have 4 of those games at home later in the season against tough teams, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Alabama and OOC Gonzaga. The schedule balances out.

Reactions: Bluegrass79
BYU at number 2 lets me know the NET is a very flawed system. Cupcake opponents and blowout wins shouldn't skew the metrics that much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT