ADVERTISEMENT

Larry Bird wanted to come to UK

Talk about a recruiting miss

This is way worse than the TMac/Dirk/AI what ifs. Where 2 went straight pro but we were the college fav and the other had legal issues that caused everyone to back off.

Larry Legend openly admitting UK is where he wanted to be and we backed off.

And Larry would have felt comfortable here. He left Indiana University after like a week!! Bird would have been loved.
It's okay because that tells me Larry Bird is a Kentucky Wildcat in his heart..💙🤍
I bet he watches Kentucky basketball games.💯🤫

I like shooting paper balls into the trash cans like Larry Bird. It's got damn fun to shoot that way..... And accurate. Feels awesome drilling shots like that. I'm like the Larry Bird of the paper ball game. Dont fuks with meh. I will bounce it off your nose into your eye hole🤫

Horse.paperball.king

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
Oscar Robertson toyed with the idea of playing at Kentucky because he was pissed off at IU. And because of his angst over his brother Bailey not being taken by IU Oscar went to Cincinnati instead

Oscar Robertson toyed with the idea of playing at Kentucky because he was pissed off at IU. And because of his angst over his brother Bailey not being taken by IU Oscar went to Cincinnati instead
Also would have resulted in championships. I'm thinking he won at least one with Cincinnati?

I played some pickup ball I think I was 14 and Oscar had just graduated high school and because we were playing on a wet pavement playground he asked to see my hands which I showed him and he says no you can't have wet stains in the palm has to be on the fingers and heal and balls of your hand. I'll never forget that he was such a nice guy.

I saw Phil Jackson on a a late night show ( I’m thinking Letterman) and the host asked him if he ever thought about coaching college basketball. He said “Yes” . The host asked where he’d want to coach and Phil said “Kentucky “.

I saw Phil Jackson on a a late night show ( I’m thinking Letterman) and the host asked him if he ever thought about coaching college basketball. He said “Yes” . The host asked where he’d want to coach and Phil said “Kentucky “.
There will probably never be another NBA coach even give it a thought, not after Steve Kerr's recent $35,000,000 two year extension.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT